2013 - 2014 Ins & Outs

Mad Dog

Both Harkins and McCourt have got enough ability to be great players for us, the question marks over them are elsewhere. I'd still rather give these kinds of guys a chance that others who don't have that level of natural ability.

If they come in its down to the backroom staff to make sure they fulfill their potential.

I see what you're saying but it doesn't always work out that way. Hard to help those that can't be helped, Alan Gow springs to mind.

I see what you're saying but it doesn't always work out that way. Hard to help those that can't be helped, Alan Gow springs to mind.

Gow is a case in point but the way I see it we either bring in standard journey man players or guys who have potential but haven't realised it elsewhere. I'd rather go for the latter as the potential rewards are much greater.

I don't think we have the cash anymore to bring quality players from down south anymore like Randolph, Law or Jutkiewicz.

The Sun is reporting that Harkins is going to turn down a move to Tannadice to join Motherwell.

Probably rubbish. I would have mixed feelings. On his day one of the most talented midfielders in the SPL. But as pointed out, these days can be intermittent.

That said we often have the ability to get the best out of players.

I'm not overly keen on harkins, to be honest, but we'll see. Certainly seem to be looking to play through the middle a lot more rather than wide, I guess.

At Rugby park just after they won the league cup i remember he MURDERED us was by far the best player on the park that day. I think he'll be a good addition.

He's been the best player on the park most times I've seen him, even in a Dundee game at celtic park I saw.

Does McCourt come with a free genuine bar of never before used Samaras soap and shampoo bottle sellby dated june 2005.The rest of the team will refuse to get into the bath after the game til he uses them or unlimited soap may be part of the deal

Does McCourt come with a free genuine bar of never before used Samaras soap and shampoo bottle sellby dated june 2005.The rest of the team will refuse to get into the bath after the game til he uses them or unlimited soap may be part of the deal

if he signs, plays well, scores a few goals and helps the team progress and do well, then I don't give a feck about his personal hygene..he will be one of our own and should be supported. Then if he turns out like Daley he is fair game

Not sure if the McCourt thing is a goer.

Who knows what he'd be like with plenty game time. I'm pretty sure that even if he wasn't the greatest trainer in the world at Celtic park, the folklore has outpaced reality by some way.

if the folklore is true then I'm pretty sure our management team won't touch him with a barge pole. if they believe there's something there then I'm pretty happy for them to go for it.

Just doesn't seem like a great fit for MFC - but we've been wrong before

I'd be surprised if there was anything in it

Not sure if the McCourt thing is a goer.

Who knows what he'd be like with plenty game time. I'm pretty sure that even if he wasn't the greatest trainer in the world at Celtic park, the folklore has outpaced reality by some way.

if the folklore is true then I'm pretty sure our management team won't touch him with a barge pole. if they believe there's something there then I'm pretty happy for them to go for it.

Just doesn't seem like a great fit for MFC - but we've been wrong before

I'd be surprised if there was anything in it

Of course it'll work.

When he brings along his 'f****n army', it'll guarantee the 'Ark being sold out every second week.

Its a buyers market out there now ............. plenty payers clambering for a contract, and with all Clubs tightening the belt then league status and european football might just be the deciding factor to attract a better quality of player.

I seem to remember reading that before signing for Celtic he had been on trial at Motherwell and had been rejected. Would be a poor piece of business signing him now as it would simply look like he is being signed because he has been with Celtic.

I'm still concerned that we seem to be largely connected with SPL players. For me, our success of late has been by signing players from other areas (down south/further afield), as opposed to the decline of teams like Hearts and Hibs, who've been hoovering up the deals which we seem to be looking at just now.

I'm aware that it's not as simple as "they've played in England, get them", but I do feel we should be looking elsewhere.