2013 - 2014 Ins & Outs

Mad Dog

I know these things take time, but all these players and agents have known for ages they were out of contract end of the season.

I understand wanting to give players time in the hope they choose to stay, but there comes a time where (much like with Jenno) we have to move on and focus on new targets

I know these things take time, but all these players and agents have known for ages they were out of contract end of the season.

I understand wanting to give players time in the hope they choose to stay, but there comes a time where (much like with Jenno) we have to move on and focus on new targets

I think the frustrating thing is that McCall suggested that with a couple of weeks of the season to go that he'd had a chat and knew pretty much the situation with each of the out of contract players.

It would appear, to me anyway, that some of the players are telling us that they might stay with little intention of doing so. Just not wanting to burn their bridges in case other offers don't pan out..

Of course, I could be totally wrong and we know exactly who's staying and going and we're just going about our business discreetly...

Looking very likely that Humphrey is going to Preston and that Higdon is 100% leaving according to club insider.

Could be bullshit, but I am now at the stage I don't care if the stay or leave, but just praying they don't join Sevco!

Would be an excellant signing if true!!

But again another centre midfielder. Attack minded mind you and a replacement for Law but where will Lawson fit into this.

I'm getting the impression we will be moving to a 4-3-3 next year or a 4-5-1. If these signings that are rumoured are anything to go bye.

Ex Dundee Utd midfielder Scott Allan on loan from WBA?

Via Titter

That Agent86? Dunno what his strike rate is like, but that'd be a great signing for us.

[quote name='siebsbarmyarmy' timestamp='1370257359' post='385119.

but where will Lawson fit into this.

Remember,Lasley will be 35 this year and for parts of last season played like it. There's no way he will play 40odd games next season

Remember,Lasley will be 35 this year and for parts of last season played like it. There's no way he will play 40odd games next season

Fair point Shaka, you kind of forget that Las legs might start going. In saying that in his last few performances near the end of the season he was looking sharp!

Last season we played a 4231 anyway.

Randolph

Hateley Ramsden Hutchinson Hammell

Law Lasley

Humphrey Ojaama McFadden

Higdon

Problem right now is that we have the players for the 42 part but noit the 31

Hollis

Ramsden Hutchinson Cummins Hammell

Lasley Lawson/Carswell

_______ ________ _________

_________

Unfortunately the forward/creative players are the tough ones to lay your hands on...

Not necessarily TP!

I understand your thinking but to me they are and can be completely different!

In coaching it is set out at a 4-3-3 going forward as the 2 wide men are encourage to attack in a 1970s Dutch kind of way, but in defending they are also encouraged to play deeper and track back leaving the striker the furthest forward and thus making it a 4-5-1... If your playing 4-3-3 you tend to have 2 sitting players, if your playing 4-5-1 you tend to have 1 sitting. It depends on what team you have and who your against.