2013 - 2014 Ins & Outs

Mad Dog

That's all very well on the blackboard. However, when Higgy holds up the ball and his support is 30 yards off him, 4-5-1 is not working.

Agreed weeyin, he works well with the traditional big guy wee guy combo, Ojamaa buzzing about off him. Although as it stands, is Higdon and Ojamaa going to be here? So we really cant talk or consider tactics until we actually have front men in the bag.

Hope to god we don't leave all our signings to the last minute in the hope of getting bargains and leaving our European preparations in tatters. I am hopeful that Stuart McCall has a list of targets and negotiations are ongoing. I like the fact we don't announce possible signing so we don't get Aberdeen and the likes trying their usual pish but it fair leaves you nervous when you don't hear anything at all.

Hope to god we don't leave all our signings to the last minute in the hope of getting bargains and leaving our European preparations in tatters. I am hopeful that Stuart McCall has a list of targets and negotiations are ongoing. I like the fact we don't announce possible signing so we don't get Aberdeen and the likes trying their usual pish but it fair leaves you nervous when you don't hear anything at all.

I'm pretty okay with it really. There's no-one doing business that's seen us miss out on people I'd want.

Samson: No, and certainly not on the deal Killie have given him.

Harkins: No, simply not a priority.

Tudor Jones: No, no better than what we have/will have in Carswell/Lasley/Lawson.

Flood: Dundee United's highest earner, will be earning similar at Aberdeen, no.

Barry Robson: See Tudor-Jones. Cracking delivery, has he got legs left though?

Liam Craig: Decent player, no better than what we have.

McGivern: Shite hair, no better than what we have.

Reguero: Looks dece, actually, but not concerned. Killie moved quickly on him.

Brittain (If he goes): Same as OTJ and Robson.

The only ones I'd have taken a punt on would be Stevie May and McGowan, who have resigned with their clubs, and that's fully in the 'aye, worth a punt' catagory.

Entirely with you though, be nice to get some bodies in, presume they'll be in for the start of training, mainly.

I'm pretty okay with it really. There's no-one doing business that's seen us miss out on people I'd want.

Samson: No, and certainly not on the deal Killie have given him.

Harkins: No, simply not a priority.

Tudor Jones: No, no better than what we have/will have in Carswell/Lasley/Lawson.

Flood: Dundee United's highest earner, will be earning similar at Aberdeen, no.

Barry Robson: See Tudor-Jones. Cracking delivery, has he got legs left though?

Liam Craig: Decent player, no better than what we have.

McGivern: Shite hair, no better than what we have.

Reguero: Looks dece, actually, but not concerned. Killie moved quickly on him.

Brittain (If he goes): Same as OTJ and Robson.

The only ones I'd have taken a punt on would be Stevie May and McGowan, who have resigned with their clubs, and that's fully in the 'aye, worth a punt' catagory.

Entirely with you though, be nice to get some bodies in, presume they'll be in for the start of training, mainly.

Agree, none of those players fills me with any confidence of maintaining a top six finish next season and I hope the club and McCall continue to surprise us with unknown signings from down south or decent loan signings from some bigger clubs.

Would it be safe to assume that we'll be going with three more defensive players in midfield next year?

In that case, we'll be looking for wide players, surely? The way the squad is looking just now we'd be at

---------------------Hollis------------------

A.R.B-----Hutchinson/Cummins---Ramsden--Hammell

----------Lawson----------Carswell---------

-------------------Lasley--------------------

A.R.W.--------------------------------ZFA?

--------------------McHugh---------------

I'm more or less resigned to losing Hutchinson/Ojamaa, as we'll be offered cash money for them, and Humphrey and Hateley, as they'll be getting paid more elsewhere, so would this be what we're looking at?

Would it be safe to assume that we'll be going with three more defensive players in midfield next year?

Only if we don't sing anyone else (which is unlikely). McCall's philosophy has been very attack minded; I don't see why he'd want to change that approach.

What about signing Danny Grainger and playing him as a right back ?

Dodgy knee, no..?? Injured against us and out for 9 months or something IIRC..Mind you....

Danny Grainger@Dannyg319861 JunAnother great phonecall just b4 the wee mans christening is making me smile even more #happytimes

maybe he found a club..!!

Let's face it. Whoever we sign will be the next big thing or a player who will turn his potential into reality...

Those we miss out on will be over the hill wasters or too big a gamble...

Not sure we were even in for Harkins but it would be worrying if he chose the paisley junkies over European football.

As discussed I prefer the McCall way of signing players over the McGhoo and paw Broon method. That is we tend to hear who we have signed when they have signed.

Still at this rate we will require up to 8 to 10 players. A mixture of 1st team and back up.

Well' another year another rebuilding job! Rather than all these central midfielders (other than Arfield who looks mk dons bound) I think we need to be more active in our pursuit of a quality gk, problem is they all seem to be contracted or wanting big money. As gks normally hit their peak at about 30ish we should look no further than Ctaig Gordon who recently said he will start again and feels he still has a lot to offer. May not b everyones idea of a fit for FP but the type of player McCall could rejouvenate

Well' another year another rebuilding job! Rather than all these central midfielders (other than Arfield who looks mk dons bound) I think we need to be more active in our pursuit of a quality gk, problem is they all seem to be contracted or wanting big money. As gks normally hit their peak at about 30ish we should look no further than Ctaig Gordon who recently said he will start again and feels he still has a lot to offer. May not b everyones idea of a fit for FP but the type of player McCall could rejouvenate

Gordon is still injured and, by his own admission, has no idea when (or even if) he'll be fit again.