2013 - 2014 Ins & Outs

Mad Dog

Would it be safe to assume that we'll be going with three more defensive players in midfield next year?

In that case, we'll be looking for wide players, surely? The way the squad is looking just now we'd be at

---------------------Hollis------------------

A.R.B-----Hutchinson/Cummins---Ramsden--Hammell

----------Lawson----------Carswell---------

-------------------Lasley--------------------

A.R.W.--------------------------------ZFA?

--------------------McHugh---------------

I'm more or less resigned to losing Hutchinson/Ojamaa, as we'll be offered cash money for them, and Humphrey and Hateley, as they'll be getting paid more elsewhere, so would this be what we're looking at?

:help:

Doomed!

I'd like to see Hollis get a chance next year. He trains every week with the current back four (albeit we may need a RB) and they should work well together. Agree that we need to get another goalie in for competition though. I'd also like to see ZFA get a run in the team. He seems to enjoy running at defenders and with a bit of work could turn out to be a top player. Finally, would like to see Craig Moore make an appearance, even if it's just a preseason friendly.

Guessing McCall is busy with Scotland stuff atm and I'm hoping we hear something next week regarding old/new players.

1370295431[/url]' post='385201']

I'd like to see Hollis get a chance next year. He trains every week with the current back four (albeit we may need a RB) and they should work well together.

Didn't get that impression at Perth

Hey, if McCall can find another Randolph or Ruddy then fair enough but it's a tough ask. Think the boys were thinking about their holidays in Perth though. I remember Hollis pulling off a great save against St Johnstone in Jan (although he did let in two after coming on for Randolph but this was more down to poor defending from memory).

All this speculation is a killer though. Do we all go mental at this time of year?

---------------------Hollis------------------

A.R.B-----Hutchinson/Cummins---Ramsden--Hammell

----------Lawson----------Carswell---------

-------------------Lasley--------------------

A.R.W.--------------------------------ZFA?

--------------------McHugh---------------

Surely cummins and hutchy in re middle and rammers at rb? Or if Kerr signs on then him at Rb. I think he might be looking for some assurances that he'll get game time and that's why he ain't signed on.

Humphrey will be a massive loss.

I think some people are underestimating what a loss he'll be. There's no one else I can think of in the SPL with his pace. Number of times he dragged us up the field simply by someone putting the ball in front of him. Ten seconds later, we'd find ourselves at the edge of the opposition penalty box instead of our own.

For me, Randolph and Humphrey are the big losses this summer, no matter who else leaves...

• Like 3

I think some people are underestimating what a loss he'll be. There's no one else I can think of in the SPL with his pace. Number of times he dragged us up the field simply by someone putting the ball in front of him. Ten seconds later, we'd find ourselves at the edge of the opposition penalty box instead of our own.

For me, Randolph and Humphrey are the big losses this summer, no matter who else leaves...

For once absolutely agree. About the only signing that will make up for Humphrey leaving(assuming we don't luck out and find another jet heeled winger from somewhere) is if McFadden signs on.

Might not have the pace but I can see him being even better for us playing down the right. A lot less one footed these days and seeing him cutting in onto that left foot will scare the shite out of many a defence as much as Humphrey on a ramapage.

Humphrey going makes holding on Ojamma more important, only so many new faces we want to be accomodating at one time.

Already looking like most of our out of contract players are moving on.

Totally agree but I'd add Higdon to this list, not only for his goals but his presence when defending set pieces will be missed (assuming he does leave).

Totally agree but I'd add Higdon to this list, not only for his goals but his presence when defending set pieces will be missed (assuming he does leave).

I'd argue that centre forwards that are good in the air are more available than wingers with Humphrey's pace. Obviously these strikers may not have the finishing of Higdon but that can be improved by coaching. Can't really coach players to be that much faster...

Surely cummins and hutchy in re middle and rammers at rb? Or if Kerr signs on then him at Rb. I think he might be looking for some assurances that he'll get game time and that's why he ain't signed on.

I thought Kerr was brutal at full-back, but again, he's of a unit so he might work out.

Ramsden did well there, but I'd rather have our players playing in their best positions.

All dependent on what's happening with Hutchinson as well, which I'd imagine has more bearing on Kerr's decision. If Hutchinson goes, Kerr is battling it out with Cummins as first choice centre-half, he stays, he's 3rd/4th choice, and he needs games.

Agree on the Humphrey chat as well. Regardless of anything else and his... erratic crossing, he's given a fair number of full-backs doings for us, St Johnstone (several times) and Jonsson at Hearts stand out in the memory.