2013 - 2014 Ins & Outs

Mad Dog

Really not desperate to have the big man back, but it's a reliable body through the door.

Well, until he drops us for a move to a struggling Aberdeen side or that.

Seriously though, I'd rather see us try something new, than going back to the hard working, if somewhat immobile Sutton. I'd rather have something different than a poor man's Higdon, but I will support Sutton to the hilt, should he actually sign for us again.

• Like 1

Fraser was one of Malpas' was he not? Signed on a pre-contract before the season ended if memory serves??

Sutton's experience will be of benefit to our younger strikers, all we need is a decent winger or two to provide them with goalscoring opportunities....

Relegated? Not quite seeing the other teams strengthening... Same old, same old Aberdeen already laying claim to 2nd place on signing some erm, quality. Deary me, not one would make it into our top 11 as it stands! In fact, who out of all close season signings by others would we have? I'd surmise many on here would say none.

Going quietly about our business is how we do it. Early yet, given it's Monday before the window opens too. Additions will be made and Daley aside, each McCall signing has contributed.

As I said, when we make signings,which we will,our squad will strengthen and we will be able to gauge how well we will do but at this very moment our team is -

Hollis

Ramsden,Cummins,Hutchinson,Hammell

Vigurs,Lawson,Lasley,Carswell

McHugh,Moore

(Subs - Erwin,Murray,ZFA,?,?,?,?)

That team above would be lucky to stay above Hearts even with a 15 point head start. Yes other teams may not have strengthened much but name me 1 other team who has lost 7 of last years top 11 and 11 of their matchday squad in total? Will we be relegated?will we be bottom 6? Will we be top 6? Will we finish second again? I honestly have no Idea,it all depends on who we sign and as mentioned before,it is a mammoth rebuilding job

Really not desperate to have the big man back, but it's a reliable body through the door.

Seriously though, I'd rather see us try something new, than going back to the hard working, if somewhat immobile Sutton. I'd rather have something different than a poor man's Higdon, but I will support Sutton to the hilt, should he actually sign for us again.

Higdon is as slow as a week in the jail :nod: and he banged in 26 Goals last season !! , i actually think Sutton has a bit more pace, he scored goals for us in his last time at Fir park so no reason to think he wont score more this season. (assuming we get him signed)

• Like 1

1372288179[/url]' post='387503']

Exactly how I feel, hardly filling me with confidence if he comes back. He moved on the back of a good season up until then he had been reasonable no where near as deadly as Higdon. I'm resigned to Higdon goin and we can debate all day whether or not he had may of his goal created for him, I don't agree with law and Ojamma gone he won't be as deadly if he stayed. What I don't want is going from a 20+ striker to a 10+ at best and reverting to the big long ball up front. NO to Sutton he left for the Big money and while I can't criticise him for it ( I would also in a job) I feel he mad his bed go lie in it. You left us tough luck I don't want you back. I'd rather get behind someone new than someone who thinks we are 2nd best Hearts spent out with their reach and we live within ours so for him to want to come back to ou,r security I say fook off you made you're bed lie in it, we have moved on and and are looking elsewhere.

• Like 2

We are a much more desireable club to play for, our pitch is better, our support is noisier, our players are attracting interest from more appealing teams other than Rangers or Celtic, were in Europe every year and we have a manager that people want to play under not only because of his playing history but because of the way he has our team playing. Only thing missing, silverware.

Money aside, i believe we have the monopoly of the better players in the league that are looking for that next step before a bigger move. Vigurs-like.

As I said, when we make signings,which we will,our squad will strengthen and we will be able to gauge how well we will do but at this very moment our team is -

Hollis

McHugh,Moore

That team above would be lucky to stay above Hearts even with a 15 point head start. Yes other teams may not have strengthened much but name me 1 other team who has lost 7 of last years top 11 and 11 of their matchday squad in total? Will we be relegated?will we be bottom 6? Will we be top 6? Will we finish second again? I honestly have no Idea,it all depends on who we sign and as mentioned before,it is a mammoth rebuilding job

As there has been no word that F. Kerr has left the club, and my gut instinct is that he will be signed on again, I reckon he should be in this line up somewhere.

Hollis

McHugh,Moore

Caly thistle were in this position last season and they did ok for themselfs, I'd rather we took our time rather than panic buy players just to make the numbers up. The only thing wrong with that squad is up front the rest would cope fine

That team above would be lucky to stay above Hearts even with a 15 point head start.

:lol:

Utter pish. Which one of Hearts' players would get a game ahead of any of that eleven?

I count: Webster and possibly MacDonald, and at a real stretch, Hamill.

And what would the Hearts team be? A pile of shite, I'll wager. And disgruntled shite at that

Don't assume Hearts players won't be trying a leg. If anything I expect they'll be busting a gut to surive. Dundee certainly did a few seasons back.

We're gonna add new faces sooner or later and we'll be ok I expect, hopefully even chase europe again but I'd would happily wager we will be the team that takes the biggest hit in terms of loss of talent this summer by a good margin.

If we get close to Europe or a trophy next season I declare McCall to be the best manager we've had in 30 plus years and maybe more!