2013 - 2014 Ins & Outs

Mad Dog

is it just me or is anyone else starting to get really excited about the coming season.

Well don again SMc Great signing who will add much needed experience to our defence. Now all we need is ..... Well you know who (don't want to say it in case i jinx it)

What a signing! Was gutted to see the exodus unfold and thought we were going to get no reward for the progression Well have made over the past five years. But we are seeing the fruits of that progression again and again this close season. We always did alright out of wind-down internationalists but it is amazing to see us get them at an age where they remain contenders for the Scotland team. Also not convinced this is a temporary plaster for losing Hutch, he is a prize asset with an increasing value and will only be encouraged to extend his deal with a chance to play alongside a Mcmanus.

Watching Humph and Murph has made our support obsessed with pace. It would be nice to get some, but there are more ways to win a football match than the sometimes one-dimensional (mainly 2010/11) reliance on pace we have displayed in recent years. I would personally rather have Vigurs and Faddy than Murph and Humph - a lot less pace but a lot more composure and technical ability. Despite comments on MFC TV from the manager along the lines 'don't read too much into our shape against doncaster' I suspect we may fail to bring in a consistent and pacy first team level right/left winger this season, and will instead move to a three/five at the back as a default tactic. This will allow ZFA to bring width and pace to the team without sacrificing hammell, who is easily good enough, and old enough, to give up the wing play and settle on the left side of a back three, or perhaps even as sweeper. It will also allow us to play Vigurs, Lawson and Las as a capable but not so mobile central three and two strikers with Faddy in the central and free'd up role he deserves.

Take a look at what our bigger rivals are trying to get exited about this close season. - guy's they have barely heard of with OK stats in lesser leagues. dry.gif

is it just me or is anyone else starting to get really excited about the coming season.

No its not just you

Hopefully Faddy signs + 1 or 2 others and all the doom and gloom of players departing will seem a distant memory.

Still this high only is complete with Faddy....hope nobody kiboshes the deal. A tad worrying the deal was not done today. Sounds like a last minute hitch. Maybe the lawyers office was closed.

Looking forward to the game tomorrow night and more so the Euro draw on Friday.

Exciting times ahead 8)

Credit to McCall - early in the New Year he said he had a good idea who was leaving and had a list of targets as replacements.

The way he has been bringing them in has been almost Gannon-esque.

Well done to the manager, seems like everyone wants to play for him and us rather than all the other so called big teams in Scotland. Big Mick will do great with Hutchy, brilliant partnership, get Hutchy on an extended deal and then we could sell him in summer for £15M (better than the tosser who went for £12.5M) :notworthy:

A big well done to all at the club for managing to sign another class player who should be both a great addition to the defence but also someone who can help develop the younger talent that we have. Really feel that he could add another medal to his collection this year and if the draw is good to us he could also be part of a team playing in the group stages of the Europa league.

Well don again SMc Great signing who will add much needed experience to our defence. Now all we need is ..... Well you know who (don't want to say it in case i jinx it)

I'm pretty happy about it all. If Faddy signs, on paper we have a great team. And as others have pointed out, the difference in quality of our signings in comparison to competitors is at the very least noticeable.

if we get Faddy on board as well there must be a chance we could actually win something. The only thing that worries me is so many of us starting to become confident for the season ahead.

Any well fan out there swithering whether to get a season ticket should get themselves down to the ticket office in the morning and purchase on ASAP . Going to be a cracker of a season.

I'm happy with the signings we've made but as others have pointed out, it's important not to get carried away.

Aberdeen in recent seasons have signed some "name" players, and probably had high hopes. We've done well in previous seasons by getting the right combination of players and the right spirit, let's hope we don't lose that.

Cautious optimism is the way to go...

Well, going by the list provided Artur Rattel is contracted until 31/12/2013, Henri Anier is contracted to Viking until 2014. Hannes Anier is contracted until 2015 to Odense. Marten Saarlas is a left winger/forward and is out of contract but is only 18. So my money is on Rattel.

EDIT: Well from the facebook page they think is Henri Anier. We can only wait and see..!!

Well, going by the list provided Artur Rattel is contracted until 31/12/2013 and the other guy Henri Anier is contracted to Viking until 2014. Hannes Anier is contracted until 2015 to Odense. Marten Saarlas is a left winger/forward and is out of contract but is only 18. So my money is on Rattel.

There's a joke about Ratteling the goals in there somewhere...

The Estonian on trial appears to be Henri Anier according to the Express.

My link

Twenty two year old Estonian International. According to Soccerway he hit 34 goals in 48 games for Flora in the Estonian Premier League which won him a move to Viking FK in the Norwegian top flight. Didn't really make much of an impact in his 1st season and was used sparingly without scoring. He was loaned out last season to Fredrikstad FK(they play in the equivalent of the SFL1) where he scored 3 goals in 9 starts.

He also has an impressive 3 goals in 7 games for Estonia, however two of his goals came in friendlies against Trinidad &Tobago and Oman. The other was in a World Cup qualifier against Andorra.

According to Wiki he's still with Viking FK, he signed a 3 year deal in December 2011. Might be another loan deal, or given he hasn't featured much for them he might have been told to find a new club.

Sounds interesting.

• Like 1

I'm happy with the signings we've made but as others have pointed out, it's important not to get carried away.

Aberdeen in recent seasons have signed some "name" players, and probably had high hopes. We've done well in previous seasons by getting the right combination of players and the right spirit, let's hope we don't lose that.

Cautious optimism is the way to go...

A lot will depend on injuries and suspensions. We've been fairly lucky over the last few seasons.

I think we should be aiming for a Top Six place if McFadden puts pen to paper but I still have one or two doubts about the strength and depth of the squad.

The idea that we are now an unassailable second force in Scottish football is one that I think people ought to dampen down for the time being.

Fair enough if we go into November in a good position and some good performances behind us but to expect it before the season even begins is an expectation too high.

• Like 2

As much as i am delighted with our signings i find it hard to believe that some people are having a go at other teams for signing a load of nobodies. We have been one of the best teams in the league recently and many of our players were complete unknowns until they signed for us. Sure they could be a lot of Omar Daley's but equally they could be a Humphrey or an Ojamma. This is one of the first times in recent years we haven't brought in a few unknowns for the English lower leagues which has been very fruitful for us so will be interesting to see how it pans out.