2013 - 2014 Ins & Outs

Mad Dog

I thought the guy had a decent game, worked hard,probably should have done better with his 1st half chance.He looks to have some pace..i would take a chance on him, he could do well.

Wasnt at the game, so have to accept ur view, but did Casagolda not show up well in 1 friendly?

I sure it was another trialist that performed better on the night, however we opted to offer a contract to the Goal Machine instead. wallbash.gif

Kerkar that Rangers took was that guy. Maybe it was an English team (Stockport?) that Casagolda played for in a friendly, scored 2 and created the hype.

I thought the Estonian boy was decent. Not as pacey as Ojamaa but similarly he had good movement and got stuck in. He could have had a hat trick and although he didn't score it's encouraging to see him getting in the rights areas. If he scored the 1st one I imagine it would have done his confidence the world of good. Some match sharpness and a goal to give him some confidence and you never know we might have a decent player on our hands.

Too early to really tell either way but given McCall said he only joined the squad yesterday and was probably struggling to remember most of his team mates names I thought he done not too bad. Certainly deserving of another look.

Difficult to judge a player on one showing, especially when we are up against a side thats frankly much better than we are.

He didn't really impress me but at the same time he didn't look out of place.

The one thing you can say about him is that he got on the end of things. He had three good chances to score and perhaps if he'd been a bit sharper he would have got one or two. His final effort didn't look far from hitting the back of the net

Express Link

James McFadden earns new Motherwell deal - By: Ewing Grahame

JAMES McFADDEN’S goalscoring return to Motherwell colours was not enough to save the Steelmen from a 4-2 defeat by Newcastle.

The 48-times capped Scotland star – who will sign a new deal with the club today – appeared against Alan Pardew’s side as a second-half trialist at Fir Park.

However, by the time he arrived, the Well were already behind to goals from Haris Vuckic, Yoan Gouffran and Moussa Sissoko, with just Iain Vigurs’ opportunist strike to show for their first-half efforts.

McFadden, above, reduced the deficit with a clever penalty but the youthful Magpies outfit again showed their class with a fourth from substitute Sylvain Marveaux as they wrapped up a straight-forward victory.

The home side started without new signing Stephen McManus.

But they did include seven-time capped Estonian international Henri Anier as a trialist, while Newcastle featured former St

Mirren loanee Paul Dummett in defence.

“I'm led to believe he'll be signing tomorrow,” said McCall after the game.

“If that happens – and we expect it to – then it will be a real shot in the arm for the club.

“We knew we’d have a hard task after losing so many players during the summer, but I’m really pleased with who we’ve brought in.”

From Real Radio:

Motherwell boss Stuart McCall is ready to follow St Mirren's lead and raid Newcastle's army of reserves.

The Fir Park club are set to re-sign James McFadden today and manager McCall is still to decide on whether to make Estonian trialist Henri Anier his seventh summer signing.

Former Scotland defender Stephen McManus - who missed last night's 4-2 defeat to Newcastle - put pen to paper earlier this month and joins fellow new recruits Paul Lawson, Iain Vigurs, John Sutton, Fraser Kerr and Gunnar Nielsen.

But McCall says he is still after another pacey wideman and could follow Saints boss Danny Lennon's lead by taking some of the Geordies' youngsters on loan.

St Mirren borrowed both Paul Dummett and Conor Newton last term and made the most of their talents by winning the Scottish Communities League Cup.

McCall said after last night's friendly defeat to the Magpies: "I did speak to Alan Pardew about some of his lads. He told me some of them are going to the Championship. He told me if there was any of the others that I saw and was interested in, I was to stay in touch.''

Among those who caught the eye was England Under-19 winger Adam Campbell and McCall admits he may make a move.

"The little lad Campbell who came on up front was quick and I'd like to get a get a quick wide man in who can play left and right,'' he said.

"We are still trying to search for that. Whether there is enough left in the kitty or if we can get the right one in remains to be seen. I don't just want to bring someone for the sake of it.

"It might be a younger one from the Premiership who comes in for six months on loan. St Mirren did that last season with the lads Conor Newton and Paul Dummett from Newcastle.

"We've got no out and out pace anymore since Chris Humphrey left so ideally I would like a wide player in.''

"We've got no out and out pace anymore since Chris Humphrey left so ideally I would like a wide player in.''

I hope this doesnt mean he hasnt got plans to play Angol... When he came on last night his close control was keeping up with his pace and his final delivery left and right foot was much better. He isnt a left back, left wing and treat him like when Humphrey was when he came up from Shrewsbury, theres pace and potential there!!

Angol impressed last night but if Adam Campbell is the red-haired youngster who played through the middle in the second half, then I thought he misplaced every pass.

He was and he did, but was not on the park long enough to judge him on last night. But i agree about ZFA, he looked good last night, would like to see him get a run in the team

Agree we need pace.

First half last night we had 4 central midfielders on the park and were crying out for width.

I am interested to see what formation SMC goes for as at the moment don't see how we can have width and fit Lawson, Lasley and Vigurs in central midfield and still play 2 up top.

Liked the 3-4-1-2 we played second half, not sure how effective that would prove in the league. It gave us the width we needed. Also what would the 3 be - Ramsden, Hutch, McManus? if so where does Hammell fit in. If he goes to the left wing back where does ZFA fit in.

I can see lots of rotation this season perhaps.

I reckon we'll be playing Ramsden at full back this season unless we can bring another defender in. Can't see us lining up with 3 at the back in the league. I think AT LEAST one more wide man is needed - other than Angol (who I would like to see given a chance there) we don't seem to have any other obvious options for right or left midfield. This probably means Fadders will be dropping back into the midfield, leaving Sutton the only striker I'm convinced with. One more wide player just won't be enough!

Apparently we've only offered a 1 year deal to Faddy but Ross county have offered a 2 year deal.

If this is the case it's safe to say he won't be playing for Ross County next season... not that any confirmation of that fact is really needed.