2013 - 2014 Ins & Outs

Mad Dog

Pretty sure any deal we have offered Faddy will be on his terms and will include a release clause should a club that meets his aspirations comes along. I have no problem with that given that we cant really afford him and are lucky to be getting this chance.

Would love to see him playing thru the centre off Sutton with Vigurs supplying the ammunition.

Still not signed for us yet though....and it's been pending for days apparently.

Wonder what the hold up is?

im hearing the deal is being brokered again, so theres more people involved than there would be for a "normal" deal

plenty of to-ing and fro-ing, this is why its not been announced yet

Motherwell boss Stuart McCall has revealed that James McFadden will officially re-sign for the club on Wednesday.

The Scotland international returned to Fir Park for a six-month spell in 2012/13.

He signed for Well in January in an effort to prove his fitness - following an injury-ravaged end to his time at Everton.

McCall was happy to welcome the 30-year-old back to the club that helped to launch his career and remains convinced that he has plenty to offer.

McFadden netted from the penalty spot as Motherwell suffered a 4-2 friendly defeat to Newcastle United on Tuesday and is ready to commit himself to the club for the foreseeable future.

McCall said: "He will be in tomorrow to sign.

"I'm led to believe it's going to happen and, if it does, it will be another good addition to the squad.

"Once he's done it, it will be a shot in the arm for the fans."

I think we are being dicked about a little here. Only my opinion, but a contract offer has been made and it was supposed to have been signed on Monday. Now I am assuming (perhaps wrongly) that he verbally agreed to what was offered, then why has it not happened?

If the club has moved the goalposts then it is not ideal, but if it is Faddy or his agent then this could well end up badly for both parties.

I am not having sleepless nights + we KNOW he would be a great addition and one after the evidence of last night we badly need. But there comes a point where the club has to move on. I hope it does not come to this, but something is amiss.....

I mean it hardly makes the Manager look clever if every day he comes out and advises that he as been told or believes it will be signed only for it not to happen!

I think we are being dicked about a little here. Only my opinion, but a contract offer has been made and it was supposed to have been signed on Monday.

Nobody said it was "supposed" to be signed on Monday. McCall said last Friday he was "cautiously optimistic" it would be signed by Monday or Tuesday, but Faddy hadn't even been given a written offer at that stage. He also said yesterday that Faddy's agent was still telling him that other offers were coming in.

Whatever the reasons, it has never been straightforward dealing with Faddy and his many advisors, and I agree that if we don't get it settled soon we need to move on to the next target.

I think we are being dicked about a little here. Only my opinion, but a contract offer has been made and it was supposed to have been signed on Monday. Now I am assuming (perhaps wrongly) that he verbally agreed to what was offered, then why has it not happened?

If the club has moved the goalposts then it is not ideal, but if it is Faddy or his agent then this could well end up badly for both parties.

I am not having sleepless nights + we KNOW he would be a great addition and one after the evidence of last night we badly need. But there comes a point where the club has to move on. I hope it does not come to this, but something is amiss.....

I mean it hardly makes the Manager look clever if every day he comes out and advises that he as been told or believes it will be signed only for it not to happen!

+1

I'm pretty fed up with the whole saga tbh, NOBODY is bigger than Motherwell Football Club, the bobby sooking of this guy has gone on 2 long, after he signed for 6 months he was voted mom for most home games even though he didn't merit it.

I like faddy as a player and there is no doubt he holds effection for the club, but i hate to see matters like this drag on, is he turning the screw to get more out of us?

Or is he holding out for a bigger better deal elsewhere?

Get your cards on the table cos this is doing my nut in?

:doh: Not sure how this can be regarded as a saga. We can potentially sign a player with more ability than any non-Celtic player in the league and possibly even any Celtic player in a deal that is supposedly being financed outwith the standard squad budget. There has been rumours for a few days of it coming to fruition and suddenly it's a saga?! Mental...

Unbelievable. :lol:

Newspaper story says they think he'll this week. Its now Wednesday and rumours of Ross County offering him a deal surface (from a messageboard!), and now we're being dicked about, and McFadden is to be put out on his ear because he's dragging it out for the sake of greed?

Absolutely doolally. If he wants to sign a contract 25 minutes after the season has started with my cock dipped in ink, he's welcome to. On his day, he's probably the best player in the league, and will be taking a colossal pay-cut from his last three clubs to be with us. I'd be absolutely amazed if someone in the US or down south hasn't offered more money than we can, but he's weighed up whats best for him. I'm amazed its even this likely that he'll sign.

As well as that, he's training with us. He almost certainly took a financial hit to be with us at the end of last season, he helped us finish second and contributed plenty. His transfer dragged us out of the mire the first time around. He owes us absolutely nothing at all.