2013 - 2014 Ins & Outs

Mad Dog

Lol. Love this forum. Always entertaining

It sure is god forbid i would say a word against golden boy!!!

no need to get personal johnstone no point getting involved in a verbal exchange online i'm man enough to say it to your face i don't hide behind computers.

Most signings are announced after the negotiations are complete. This only appears to be dragging on because we've been anticipating it since last season. I think the dicking around is being exaggerated.

on another note, I mind when there were folk on here that actually had some decent 'sources' and didn't just post what they heard on twitter, which in turn has probably been taken from here.

I think the pant wetting is due to the continual will he, won't he that we have had every transfer window for 2 years!

The best comparison is that we (the Motherwell support) are Simon or Will from the inbetweeners, and McFadden is Carly or the filthy looking girl, that only occasionally show an interest in them, while they make it their life's work to pursue them!!

:lol:

He only texts us when the bars closed and the DJs packing up.

:(

Unbelievable. :lol:

Newspaper story says they think he'll this week. Its now Wednesday and rumours of Ross County offering him a deal surface (from a messageboard!), and now we're being dicked about, and McFadden is to be put out on his ear because he's dragging it out for the sake of greed?

Absolutely doolally. If he wants to sign a contract 25 minutes after the season has started with my cock dipped in ink, he's welcome to. On his day, he's probably the best player in the league, and will be taking a colossal pay-cut from his last three clubs to be with us. I'd be absolutely amazed if someone in the US or down south hasn't offered more money than we can, but he's weighed up whats best for him. I'm amazed its even this likely that he'll sign.

As well as that, he's training with us. He almost certainly took a financial hit to be with us at the end of last season, he helped us finish second and contributed plenty. His transfer dragged us out of the mire the first time around. He owes us absolutely nothing at all.

This...

I can see both sides of it here.

When the season ended I had already resigned myself to losing Faddy and was just grateful I got to see him play for us again.

Above all others, I expected him to move on at the end of the season and expected that to be the case until McCall started saying what he's said (without being prompted really I might add) that would more than suggest that he was in fact re-signing. McCall is, wisely, usually pretty coy about these things.

I guess we all considered at the start of the window we'd be delighted to sign Faddy on deadline-day? The fact it's even a possibility over two weeks before the season starts shows fantastic ambition from the club, the frustration it hasn't yet happened, even more so.

I reckon we'll have an email soon, although surely the fact the deal is so close must have alerted a few teams.

Waiting game....

I guess we all considered at the start of the window we'd be delighted to sign Faddy on deadline-day? The fact it's even a possibility over two weeks before the season starts shows fantastic ambition from the club, the frustration it hasn't yet happened, even more so.

I reckon we'll have an email soon, although surely the fact the deal is so close must have alerted a few teams.

Waiting game....

i wouldn't be happy going into the european games with the players we put out last night.

Who let the troll out. I didn't, was it someone else? Also do you not turn to stone during the day?

it's a bit pointless working hard to get into europe then going into the games without a hope of getting through because you haven't made the neccesary signings.

we didn't have many ideas going forward and i heard it was the same on saturday, lasley wide left ffs! without faddy or someone else who offers creativity or pace we'd have no chance against any seeded team.

it's a bit pointless working hard to get into europe then going into the games without a hope of getting through because you haven't made the neccesary signings.

we didn't have many ideas going forward and i heard it was the same on saturday, lasley wide left ffs! without faddy or someone else who offers creativity or pace we'd have no chance against any seeded team.

Arguably it is a bit pointless qualifying for Europe as even with a good team by our own standards we get papped by likes of Pana and Levante.

As it is we've made several of the signings we need but creativity and pace aren't easily found on our budget. If Faddy signs on again that is a huge signing and if we can find a bit of pace even better but core of the team is there now just needs a couple of final touches.

Aye it would be great to have a strong squad for the start of the Euro campaign however Mccall's priority this summer will be building a squad that can do it over the season. He won't sign his 3rd or 4th choice left mid for the sake of Europe if there is a chance his 1st or 2nd choice will sign later.

Arguably it is a bit pointless qualifying for Europe as even with a good team by our own standards we get papped by likes of Pana and Levante.

As it is we've made several of the signings we need but creativity and pace aren't easily found on our budget. If Faddy signs on again that is a huge signing and if we can find a bit of pace even better but core of the team is there now just needs a couple of final touches.

when we had a settled side and a good preseason under brown we gave europe a decent go.

having only brought in one striker, no wingers and no right back at this stage is disappointing imo.

it's a bit pointless working hard to get into europe then going into the games without a hope of getting through because you haven't made the neccesary signings

So you wouldn't want to finish second if Europe wasn't the reward? The whole point of finishing second is to finish second. Europe is, and should always be seen as, a bonus. If we don't do well there, is it really a catastrophe or a crime...?

So you wouldn't want to finish second if Europe wasn't the reward? The whole point of finishing second is to finish second. Europe is, and should always be seen as, a bonus. If we don't do well there, is it really a catastrophe or a crime...?

I think your point is valid if you were talking about winning the cup, but not finishing 2nd.

Disco knows how to do some fishing!!

no fishing here. i just want some more signings for positions we are lacking in and am underwhelmed by some of the players we have brought in and extensions given out.

quite a lot of people commented that our squad looks unbalanced last night which it shouldn't be considering mccall has had a lot of opportunity to rebuild. we've currently got 6 centrehalves and no wingers.