2013 - 2014 Ins & Outs

Mad Dog

when we had a settled side and a good preseason under brown we gave europe a decent go.

having only brought in one striker, no wingers and no right back at this stage is disappointing imo.

Brown got us no further than McCall, we beat 2 shite teams to face Odense and lost both ties

Stop making spurious claims

Brown got us no further than McCall, we beat 2 shite teams to face Odense and lost both ties

Stop making spurious claims

the norwegian team were decent and definitely had more resources than us. we gave a good account of ourselves against odense and would have beaten them with better finishing.

I agree that the squad is thin, but this is always the case with our resources. Our backups will all be young players, and our success will depend on the fitness of the top eleven. I think the only position where we have no clear options is wide midfield. I don't know if faddy will fill his position or if he will play as a forward, but either way we still need a replacement for Humphrey, ie someone with decent pace who can play on the right.

if we sign McFadden and the imaginary winger, I think we have a decent squad. If I was being greedy, another forward would be nice too.

• Like 2

the norwegian team were decent and definitely had more resources than us. we gave a good account of ourselves against odense and would have beaten them with better finishing.

The away game we were extremely fortunate to only lose by one, but keep spouting stuff you'll eventually get something right

The away game we were extremely fortunate to only lose by one, but keep spouting stuff you'll eventually get something right

murphy went through one on one in the first five minutes and we should have had a penalty when their defender handled later in the first half.

the goal they scored from the freekick was jammy.

Since its in & outs, I notice that from the line-ups this evening, Henrik hasn't even made the bench for Legia tonight in Wales. Has he made the wrong choice, from hero to squad player??

Injured with a hamstring injury.

Since its in & outs, I notice that from the line-ups this evening, Henrik hasn't even made the bench for Legia tonight in Wales. Has he made the wrong choice, from hero to squad player??

From the horse's mouth.

Untitled.png

My take on the Faddy situation is this.

There is no way on hell Motherwell would have had him on the bench and also play him against Newcastle unless they were 100% sure he will sign for the team. If not then it was a very silly move by the club.

The fact there has been no statement from Motherwell today speaks volumes as if he wasn't signing then we would have found out by now.

So for me it just leaves one outcome. The contract negotiations have taken a wee bit longer than enticipated and hopefully it all get straightened out tomorrow.

I am still pretty certain he will be a Motherwell player by the weekend.

My take on the Faddy situation is this.

There is no way on hell Motherwell would have had him on the bench and also play him against Newcastle unless they were 100% sure he will sign for the team. If not then it was a very silly move by the club.

The fact there has been no statement from Motherwell today speaks volumes as if he wasn't signing then we would have found out by now.

So for me it just leaves one outcome. The contract negotiations have taken a wee bit longer than enticipated and hopefully it all get straightened out tomorrow.

I am still pretty certain he will be a Motherwell player by the weekend.

Don't try and baffle this forum with logic...

• Like 2

Press conference announced by Motherwell tomorrow. I doubt it's to say that Faddy has signed for Celtic...

Has it has not been suggested that's for the formal introduction of Stephen McManus to the media though?

Press conference announced by Motherwell tomorrow. I doubt it's to say that Faddy has signed for Celtic...

McManus presented to the media, I believe. I'm sure if faddy hasn't signed by then though there'll certainly be a few questions asked as to what's happening.