2013 - 2014 Ins & Outs

Mad Dog

I take exception to that a wee bit because McCall said he expected him to sign on Monday, then he said on Tuesday that he expected it to be Wednesday morning. There obviously HAS been something to update us with or the deal would be done by now.

Aye, but it'd be pretty dull if he was updating every few hours with the phrase "negotiations are ongoing". What can he really say as I'd imagine that said negotiations are supposed to be confidential?

Like everyone, the longer it drags on the more I get a feeling it won't happen. But if that's the case, we move on to other targets. The reason I'm happy for us to let it drag on is the fact that McFadden is head and shoulders above pretty much everyone else in the SPL. We'd be lucky to have him, so I suspect the club are more willing to come and go with his agents to see if a deal can be reached...

But then if the "update" is just "we're still working on the details", it's hardly worth announcing that a couple of times per day.

I still think he's signing, just probably some legal snags etc. to work around if the deal's being financed externally again.

Let Faddywatch Day 5 commence...

The pressure will be off tomorrow, Faddy wont be the main topic, it will be the build up to the Euro draw. :nod:

A specific update would be better- "He hasn't sign as we expected because xxxxxxxxxxxxxx has held up the deal because xxxxxxxxxxx but we still expect it to be finalised by xxxxxxxxxx'"

I really don't think the club should be making specific things like that public for two or three reasons.

Sorry, forgot how transparent I need to be... but, I'm still working on the details of the reasons, so I have no update on them.

This is an outrage. You have had a good twenty minutes to inform us and now we get handed another "wait and see" statement. If we dont get specific answers to your statement on the specifics then im not sure you should be allowed to continue with this. It sounds like your about to defect to another thread.

It's alright taking the piss but I really don't see any reason why they couldn't give us some sort of detail like they did when McCalls own talks were stalling. It was made clear the gaffer was trying to negotiate a lower release fee - what's the difference now?

Sounds like I'm in the minority here, but I prefer the "no news until anything's definite" approach we've generally been taking. So really I'd rather McCall had never said anything about when he expected him to re-sign, though obviously it's hard to do that when he's wanted him involved in pre-season on the basis that he would.

You obviously can't release specific financial details of ongoing negotiations, and anything more general (of the "we're waiting on X to happen/get back to us" variety) is going to spark just as many daft rumours of greed/stalling/laziness/incompetence as not releasing anything at all.

I would prefer the approach of saying nothing until it's finalised aswell, but it's too late for that. I wasn't remotely excited or expectant until McCall was quoted multiple times saying the deal was almost done.

But now that he has said what he's said I am firmly in the pissy pants brigade.

1pm.

Looking forward to meltdown on here if faddy isn't mentioned in said press conference.

Keep calm folks if he signs he signs if he doesn't he doesn't... He is after all just a person who kicks a football around for 90 minutes

• Like 1

But our second choice Dougie Imrie has signed for Morton! I shudder to think who third choice would be!

I'm sat by the phone min, I'm ready. It is my time.

I for one am excited to see what Mick says in the press conference! can't wait for the "why not Hibs?" Question :)

Oh yeah, and McFadden is boring me now. Just say no and let us live our lives! Hate the fact we don't communicate anymore!!! I have my own needs too ya selfish SOB! But god, you're good on the pitch so I'm willing to forgive you.