2013 - 2014 Ins & Outs

Mad Dog

Just watched McCall's interview on MFC TV and he says he still wants a winger in and I think we'll get one. Might be on loan but you've got to remember that the window doesn't shut for over a month and there's still plenty of time to get one in. We should hopefully get by with ZFA until then although if he get's injured we really don't have any alternatives.

Still think a winger will come in, probably on loan but probably not for another few weeks till McCall's had a chance to have a look at potential loanees from down south. I would say we just have to be patient.

Just watched McCall's interview on MFC TV and he says he still wants a winger in and I think we'll get one. Might be on loan but you've got to remember that the window doesn't shut for over a month and there's still plenty of time to get one in. We should hopefully get by with ZFA until then although if he get's injured we really don't have any alternatives.

Still think a winger will come in, probably on loan but probably not for another few weeks till McCall's had a chance to have a look at potential loanees from down south. I would say we just have to be patient.

Exactly. Remember that a lot of teams down south will still be making moves and perhaps not wanting to loan out players until they have their transfer targets in place. Once a lot of them finish up their business during August, we might find ourselves with a few more options of players being farmed out on loan to get game time.

It's a shame this would mean we're missing potential signings for our Euro tie, but the focus, as always, has to be the SPL (or whatever the fuck it's called these days).

Kris Boyd in the main stand tonight.

Does he have a club?

Could just be cruising for Friday night brass in the well mind you

Kris Boyd...we cant afford the luxury of carrying a lazy fud like him in the team..so no thanks from me on that one.

I would take Boyd quite happily as a replacement for Higgy ......................................

IF we still had still had the rest of last seasons team signed up. At least we'd have the creativity and craft to supply him and let him hang about the box. With this team at the minute we don't have that luxury and need every player to play their part.

Would be very surprised if by the end of the window, though I'd hope before then, we don't have a new wide player, be it a loan or permanent deal.

Most likely right sided, and who has a bit of pace, and hopefully some decent ability as well.

Can't see McCall not bringing, or planning to bring, one in given its been a big part of the success his teams have enjoyed.

Someone on P&B saying we've got some guy Bradley Pitchard from Charlton training with us.

5'7" Zimbabwean midfielder. Could he maybe be a right winger???

Pritchard started for Charlton yesterday against Inverness so would be surprised if he is indeed training with us. According to their website he started 44 times last year too so seems like a first pick.

Read up a wee bit on Pritchard yesterday although assumed there was nothing in it given that he played for Charlton yesterday and has a year to run on his contract.

Does seem to have a bit of quality about him. Far from a direct replacement for Humphrey but appears to be a tenacious box to box player that would add some much needed energy to the midfield. If there is any truth in the rumour, I suspect he could do an Alan McCormack style job on the right.

Looks like he ain't a winger

This from a fans forum.

Start to worry guys, today was awful, yes I know it was a warm-up etc etc but I expected some effort.
We had done well in pre season scoring goals and playing good attacking football then why oh why did Powell go back to negative tactics playing the truly awful Bradley Pritchard as a wide man again...did he not learn anything Last season. Pritchard is a defensive mid player not a winger today he looked lost to be honest. This as nothing to do with money this is down to bad management.

Read more: http://intothevalley.proboards.com/thread/13720/today-start-worry-guys#ixzz2aLTGzoRZ

Looking for a winger? Dare I say it? Paul Slane on a season long loan?

Right I'm leaving....

He was provided training facilities a few months back when he became a free agent, so couldn't have been up to much or im sure he would have been forgiven for previous misdemeanors.

Be interesting to see how Lawless does with thistle. He is in final year of contract, and while we dont do transfer fees, we could try do swap deal if he looks the part. The interest in him from holland seems to have cooled.