2013 - 2014 Ins & Outs

Mad Dog

Loving the #whereistomhateley chat on Twitter, some absolute belters! laugh1.gif

I haven't read it all but my personal favourite so far is this.

Tom Hateley last seen on an episode of Deal or No Deal, he should have taken the deal
!

The guy that put the poster on the lampost is a genius

we should now see faddy move into a more advanced role which is the biggest bonus of the lot

can you please elaborate? if this guy comes in to play on the right, Faddy will go and play on the left

or do you think we will now totally change our style of play? or do you think he will play in the "hole" - which then means you are expecting him to be the one chasing knock downs from Sutton - i cant see that happening either

can you please elaborate? if this guy comes in to play on the right, Faddy will go and play on the left

or do you think we will now totally change our style of play? or do you think he will play in the "hole" - which then means you are expecting him to be the one chasing knock downs from Sutton - i cant see that happening either

I think McCall will try and revert to his 4231. Possibly looking at

Hollis

Ramsden Hutchison McManus Hammell

Carswell/Lawson Lasley

Ainsworth McFadden Vigurs/Angol

Sutton/Anier

Obviously that sees McFadden play in the position Ojamaa played last season and he doesn't have the same pace but it lessens his defensive duties and it gets him closer to Sutton or Anier, either to be available when Sutton takes the ball in on his chest and is looking for options or to thread the ball through for Anier, depending on which way McCall goes in a particular game...

Given there are three either/ors in the lineup I posted, at least we now have some options...

• Like 1

Other bonus in playing McFadden as an an attacking centre midfielder is that it puts our best footballer at the heart of the team. Should ensure better supply for Ainsworth, Vigurs and Angol in attacking situations. Which in turn should benefit Sutton and Anier who've been feeding on scraps. We created our best chances on Saturday when McFadden was playing centrally...

Had a word with a mate who saw him (briefly didn't play often) when on loan at Aldershot for 3 months.

Very fast but not a one for a decent cross.

Also got involved in feud in Nottingham in 2009 charged with affray but charges dropped as witnesses failed to show. It was a family thing where a cousin of his was murdered.

Sounds like the link for Faddy we have been missing.

Fast but crossing variable? Chris Humphrey a couple of seasons ago then. If he's equally adept at getting us from our own half to the edge of the opposition box, I can live with a couple of flaws.

If he was perfect, we wouldn't be able to get him in on loan..

• Like 1

ESPN stats has him down as having a rather decent 31 assists so far in his career and various websites also have him down as having scored 24 goals in his career as well.

Of course he's not going to be perfect but their seems to be some ability in the lad, hopefully like so many others we can get the best out of him.

Faddy is the most creative player AND best finisher at the club. The closer we can get him to the penalty box the more chances we will create and more goals we will score.

If Lionel can play on the right and let Faddy move inside great. If he can also get the opposition right back thinking twice about pressing on even better.

Also gives us a second out ball if we are under pressure instead of punts to Sutton all the time.

Could work out to be a good signing.....if he is any good!

Happy with this signing. Sounds like he is the exact type of player we are needing. Interesting to see how the injection of a bit of pace changes the dynamic of the team.

Even if he's not a world beater, could prove to be an shrewd signing if it allows the best out of Faddy.

I'm sure he wil get better as time goes by

:ph34r:

I know our business is seemingly complete but I was surprised to read that the Scottish window closes on Saturday night, 48 hours ahead of England.

Surely not? SFA keeping their offices open late? Cue Rangers' fans conspiracies that their embargo ends on September 1st and the SFA are trying to stop them from signing anyone on Monday...

I know our business is seemingly complete but I was surprised to read that the Scottish window closes on Saturday night, 48 hours ahead of England.

the sfa made an arse of handing out the embargo to rangers because they didn't account for the window shutting on the monday. Because of that every club gets shafted.

the sfa made an arse of handing out the embargo to rangers because they didn't account for the window shutting on the monday. Because of that every club gets shafted.

Hilariously as well, it's pretty much all free agents that Rangers are looking to pick up so transfer window doesn't really apply. If they wanted to sign, for example, Tom Hateley on Monday morning then they could with no problem...