2013 - 2014 Ins & Outs

Mad Dog

Regarding Twardzik; would Dundee be really be willing to let him go?

after convincing recent performances at a level higher than what is old club are playing - i very much doubt it

he's either performing on adrenaline or he does indeed have talent

i've been impressed - even for someone so young and inexperienced, he's not scared to let those international experienced defenders in front of him know that he is not happy with them

after convincing recent performances at a level higher than what is old club are playing - i very much doubt it

he's either performing on adrenaline or he does indeed have talent

i've been impressed - even for someone so young and inexperienced, he's not scared to let those international experienced defenders in front of him know that he is not happy with them

If he goes back to Dundee he'll probably be sitting on the bench because apparently the no.1 Kyle Letheren has been having a good season.

Twardzik was third choice at Dundee which is why they let us get him in the first place. I don't think they would be difficult to deal with as regards an additional loan. At that level I can't see a club turning back the offer of a players wages being paid when he isn't going to be playing.

I think the more likely sticking point with Twardzik is where we see Ross Stewart's role.

Glad to hear McCall on Radio Scotland saying that the move to keep Ainsworth just needs to be rubber stamped over the next day or two.

Is his Rotherham contract up at the end of the season? I'd love to keep him permanently

Is his Rotherham contract up at the end of the season? I'd love to keep him permanently
keep him til the end of the season - YES permanent role - no! and the reason for that is you only have to look at the number of clubs he has played for, we've seen how inconsistent he can be, we've seen how he disappears and thankfully over the last few games we've seen how hot he can be too - and all those previous clubs must have seen the same on loan - he's more than likely to keep on his toes and provide the performances we have seen of late

keep him til the end of the season - YES permanent role - no! and the reason for that is you only have to look at the number of clubs he has played for, we've seen how inconsistent he can be, we've seen how he disappears and thankfully over the last few games we've seen how hot he can be too - and all those previous clubs must have seen the same on loan - he's more than likely to keep on his toes and provide the performances we have seen of late

So we keep him to the end of the season to keep him on his toes and get consistent performances and then we can't match the offers he gets as a result of said performances, we're back to re-building a team again come the summer.

if we can get him signed up for 18 months and give us a little protection. With current contracts running down we don't need to be adding another member of teh 1st eleven to the replace in summer list.

Sign him up! The way he runs at defenders and gets a shot away is just what we need. 4 goals in 4 games from right wing! How many did Humphrey score for us over the 2/3 seasons he was here?

If we can get Ainsworth on a permanent deal I say we do it...

what a completely ridiculous and baffling statement to make blink.gif

It must be difficult for a player to go out on loan so often from his parent club. Especially when the manager of of that club apparently has said at the beginning of the season he has no need of him. In my opinion that has probably been the case prior to this season. Think about it if you were passed to one employer after another with new bosses and workmates not knowing how long you were there for it might be easy not to give 100 per cent. I prefer to believe that now he is fit AND has been given the encouragement of McCall and other staff/players to provide the incentive to perform as he can.

One of McCall's biggest assets for me is he sets teams up in a way that they enjoy playing - most of the time, at least. You can see that on the park, and you can hear it when the players speak.

So while it's good to be wary of players who have shuttled from club to club, if a guy turns up and performs at Fir Park and the gaffer thinks he is worth a punt, that works for me. Often, all it takes is the right environment to turn a player around and I imagine that for attacking players in particular, recent Motherwell teams have an ideal philosophy for them. I think we appreciate flair players more than some of the lower league English teams, where power is favoured over skill.

its not as if ainsworth has just appeared from nowhere. smc has known of him since his days as assistant at sheffield utd when a young ainsworth ripped an experianced derender a new ring piece and our gaffer has been keeping an eye on him , yes he lost his way a wee bit but hes not lost any speed / trickery . and could easily shine in our league .. only my take on it thow :whistling:

Sign him up! The way he runs at defenders and gets a shot away is just what we need. 4 goals in 4 games from right wing! How many did Humphrey score for us over the 2/3 seasons he was here?

If we can get Ainsworth on a permanent deal I say we do it...

He is on a good run of form but it wasn't that long ago most people wanted shot of him because he was garbage.

I don't think we should sign any player based on 3 or 4 games.

An extended loan deal would be a better chance to assess his true worth and would probably led to us being able to tempt him to Fir Park in the summer if his contract is up.

An extended loan deal would be a better chance to assess his true worth and would probably led to us being able to tempt him to Fir Park in the summer if his contract is up.

Normally, when we sign a player it's based on scouting reports and watching them in a game or two. Given that McCall has known about Ainsworth for some time and we have had him training and playing for half a season now, if our coaching staff can't tell by now if he's worth signing, we need a new coaching staff.

He is on a good run of form but it wasn't that long ago most people wanted shot of him because he was garbage.

I don't think we should sign any player based on 3 or 4 games.

No, you thought he was garbage if I remember correctly. A lot people could certainly see potential of what he could bring to the team if fit but he was restricted through injuries during his first few months of the season.

Before December he hadn't managed to start three games in a row to get a proper run of form going so it was no surprise his form was somewhat sporadic. I don't think it's any coincidence that we're now seeing the best of him given he's now had a regular run of games.

Before he joined the general consensus was that he was talented but his attitude was questionable, however like so many others who have struggled eslwhere he has come to Fir Park and found an environment where he has flourished.

This season he's started only 9 games, he's scored 5 goals and got 4 assists. We would be mental not to sign him up if we have the chance.

Just seen that Dundee's keeper has been stretchered off in their game at Raith rovers. Might mean Dan the man getting recalled sooner than expected..gutted if we don't keep him actually.

His loan spell was already up as he was only with us to the 1st and sadly I doubt he'll be coming back anytime soon.

Just a quick word on ainsworth people saying he bounced around clubs ect

He had a very lax attitude to training and that's why managers didn't like him but McCall seems to have fixed that

Remember before signing with us Darren Randolph was a "controversial" keeper that bounced about club

And I'm pretty sure if we had the chance to resign him there would be no complaints

Just a quick word on ainsworth people saying he bounced around clubs ect

He had a very lax attitude to training and that's why managers didn't like him but McCall seems to have fixed that

Remember before signing with us Darren Randolph was a "controversial" keeper that bounced about club

And I'm pretty sure if we had the chance to resign him there would be no complaints

Think he's still trying to rectify it listening to his interview , interviewer was talking about Ainsworth having a good game and McCall agreed but commented that he doesn't track back enough but they were working on changing that

Think he's still trying to rectify it listening to his interview , interviewer was talking about Ainsworth having a good game and McCall agreed but commented that he doesn't track back enough but they were working on changing that

That was a joke. He repeated it in his MFC TV interview and made it clear it was a joke to put off potential suitors.