2013 - 2014 Ins & Outs

Mad Dog

Interesting comment about Twardzik at the end, here's hoping it works out.

For all that he done really well in his short stint with us, I'd prefer that we see out the season with Hollis or Gunnar in goals and keep our eye out for a better replacement for next season. Twardzik was just too wee in my opinion and at some point that would have cost us

For all that he done really well in his short stint with us, I'd prefer that we see out the season with Hollis or Gunnar in goals and keep our eye out for a better replacement for next season. Twardzik was just too wee in my opinion and at some point that would have cost us

what about seeing McHugh go to Dundee and us taking Dan?

Dan played 5 games, we won them all and within those 5 games he inspired more confidence in the team/defence than Hollis or Neilsen have done all season.

So I fail to see your point.

Anyone in the team can make a mistake that will cost us - i cant believe in this day and age people are still being heightist!!

how long has hutch got on his contract?

6 months.

Im afraid he'll be in the same position as Murphy was and punted for £100k.

Would be nice however if we kept him till the summer and gambled that not selling him for a paltry amount would be offset by prize money.

• Like 1

End of the season

I would offer everything we can to keep him though really good prospect bit rash at times but a solid cb and he is still only a young lad

As would I - be a great shame to lose him. but if he's not going to stay he should tell us now so we can make a wee bit of cash to cover the early exit from the cups.

Dan played 5 games, we won them all and within those 5 games he inspired more confidence in the team/defence than Hollis or Neilsen have done all season.

Anyone in the team can make a mistake that will cost us - i cant believe in this day and age people are still being heightist!!

Cat right out the bag with that one :whistling:

Would be nice however if we kept him till the summer and gambled that not selling him for a paltry amount would be offset by prize money.

In one of his interviews, McCall said that's exactly the calculation the Board will be looking at when it comes to Hutch if they can't extend him.

Do you think he was responsible for Faddy's performance against Thistle and Vigur's & Ainsworth performance against St. Johnstone too?

I think Dan did a good job for us when he came in, but he benefited from a turnaround in our form more than we benefited from him. Once or midfield finally decided to turn up that made a huge difference and took pressure of both our strikers and our defence.

Depending on the extent of his injury, I'm in the "keep Hollis" camp to see how this season plays out for him. He was far from the weakest link when we were patchy earlier in the season.

Hutchy is settled at Motherwell and loving it!!

However, an agents phone can ring at any time, without the player having any knowledge of what's happening in the background.

I really hope he stays for a while longer, but, I'm 100% sure he will move on to bigger things.

Interesting times ahead for S.H.

• Like 1

Do you think he was responsible for Faddy's performance against Thistle and Vigur's & Ainsworth performance against St. Johnstone too?

Not directly, but anyone who knows anything about football would concede that a goalkeeper contributes more to a team than keeping the ball out of the net. When a defence trusts the man behind them, they play with confidence and a trustworthy goalkeeper affects the shape and attitude of the entire team. I'm by no means saying that Dan is in the Randolph or Ruddy bracket, but the last five games are the only ones this season where I've believed that the back four trust their goalie and that eminates through the team.

• Like 2

Not directly, but anyone who knows anything about football would concede that a goalkeeper contributes more to a team than keeping the ball out of the net. When a defence trusts the man behind them, they play with confidence and a trustworthy goalkeeper affects the shape and attitude of the entire team. I'm by no means saying that Dan is in the Randolph or Ruddy bracket, but the last five games are the only ones this season where I've believed that the back four trust their goalie and that eminates through the team.

"Anyone who knows anything about football".

I see what you did there.

You should start a blog.

• Like 1

Hutch will be away if anybody bids more than £75K - £100k

Pretty much spot on, it all depends on whether they desperately require a defender or are prepared to wait and sign him on a pre-contract for nothing. I suspect due to our finance draining cup exits we would even accept £50k. cray.gif

Happy to see McHugh nudged out the door but I'd like to think Cummins had a future at FP. He only got his 3 year deal last season didn't he? The signings of McManus and Kerr have regrettably stopped his development.

Same old story but talk of £100k for Hutch while Everton are looking to bid in excess of £750k for Andrew Robertson makes you wonder...

For us to have 3 1st team goalies in the squad would be crazy, I'd only be happy to see Dan stay if we lost Hollis or Gunnar. The fella done well when he was with us, but he wasn't overly keen on dealing with cross balls and that's where I worry about the height of a goalie

Happy to see McHugh nudged out the door but I'd like to think Cummins had a future at FP. He only got his 3 year deal last season didn't he? The signings of McManus and Kerr have regrettably stopped his development.

Same old story but talk of £100k for Hutch while Everton are looking to bid in excess of £750k for Andrew Robertson makes you wonder...

Record is running with the story that we would be looking to loan them out rather than sell. Makes sense I suppose as if the clubs pay McHugh/Cummins in full what we save could be used to fund extra in to Anier's wage? Or elsewhere.

6 months.

Im afraid he'll be in the same position as Murphy was and punted for £100k.

It would be nice, too right it would be,

but as the club,

needed the cash last season, at the close of the window, and then the society had to transfer a fair amount on top of the transfer fee,

then Id assume as we are in a more difficult position this year and as indicated at society meeting that cashflow is again borderline, then I sadly think he will be available to suitors, besides even the paltry amounts people are mentioning as potential lower end prices are more than prize money

too many people forgetting , we have no league sponsor and I'm pretty sure the leagues had some exceptional 'costs' during the summer break , Cant imagine prize money between any places from 2-6th would be substantially above £100k

Still, hope he hangs around, but don't believe it would be because the club are rejecting decent offers this time around

The estimates being bandied around are something like:

1: £2,405,514 (13.39%, -£314,487)

2: £1,717,454 (9.56%, -£682,546)

3: £1,460,555 (8.13%, -£59,446)

4: £1,288,629 (7.17%, -£71,371)

5: £1,202,757 (6.7%, -£77,243)

6: £1,116,884 (6.22%, -£83,116)

7: £1,056,701 (5.88%, -£63,299)

8: £1,005,142 (5.6%, -£34,858)

9: £987,895 (5.5%, +£27,895)

10: £902,023 (5.02%, +£22,023)

11: £816,150 (4.54%, +£16,150)

12: £730,277 (4.07%, +£10,277)

So, the difference between places can be as much as 83k. If the above is accurate, the difference between 2nd and 5th is over half a million, so it's certainly something to think about.

But, like you say, we also need cash at this stage of a season, so short-termism sometimes needs to be applied.

The estimates being bandied around are something like:

And I'd suggest, looking back to where these figures originated from they are over estimated for this season

if the club do have to sell, they should be commended for holding onto him for the last 12-18months after the paltry offers were officially on the table, and as a high earner the savings on wages are not to be sniffed at either.

but as a football fan, I want him here, the club have also played some interesting hands in recent years with juggling other cards to come up with interesting solutions, lets hope something can be done.

I would miss having a player in the side, that regularly takes some pretty hefty knocks and just gets up and gets on with it, for his team mates