2013 - 2014 Ins & Outs

Mad Dog

So to recap....

Viking Stavanger dont want a fee for Anier. They just want us to take him off their hands on a permanent basis. So its just down to agreeing personal terms with Henri and it appears he is willing to take a wage cut?

I would imagine if we offer him a large slice of any future transfer fee we could get this deal done.

It's all a bit Secret Squirrel. Earlier, the story I read was the Viking wanted Anier off the wage bill, but because he still had a fair chunk of his contract left they didn't want to let him go for free.

But you never know what is posturing/bargaining and what is actual intent.

Wee bit unusual for this one to be played out in the media.

The agent has clearly made a wedge of cash out of Ojamaas move to and from Motherwell and is looking to do similar again.

If Anier has the same drive and determination as Ojamma, all parties are likely to be financially rewarded by the end of next season.

It's all a bit Secret Squirrel. Earlier, the story I read was the Viking wanted Anier off the wage bill, but because he still had a fair chunk of his contract left they didn't want to let him go for free.

But you never know what is posturing/bargaining and what is actual intent.

The way I read it was that if they give him a free they would be duty bound to pay up his contract in full and would want us to cover that cost. If Henri was a mercenary he would probably sit tight as he is entitled to the money. Obviously we cant afford the fee so it really depends how badly Stavanger want him off the wage bill and how much Henri is willing to give up to get regular first team football. I presume there must be some room for manoevre otherwise the deal would be dead already.

Be nice to get him on a 2.5 year deal with a view to punting him on for a fee in 18 months if things go well.

That's a good move for him. I've like Cummins, but he's awfully raw and could do with some sustained first team experience. I wonder if this is either part of the deal for Twardzik from before, or perhaps part of something for the summer?

McHugh could do worse to get a similar deal as well.

I was hoping that we'd have maybe tried to get Twardzik back just now as part of the Cummins deal. With Hollis' injury still plaguing him it leaves us short on the keeper front unless of course we've got another target in mind.

I still think McHugh is a decent player, just not for us anymore.

Cummins will need to perform well up there in order to think of playing back at this level. If he flops, then he wont be here next season I don't think.

Saying that, I don't expect him to flop at all..

I like Cummins, the first division is a tough league and not a massive difference in standard from the SPFL, hopefully he'll get regular games and come back with a bit of experience.

Just hope he's not been dumped there to be forgotten about.

I think with Cummins its just another of the balancing acts that we require to do with our squad each season.

In this case it's weighing up whether it's best to keep him in case we are unexpectedly afflicted with some injury/suspension crisis set against the five months experience Adam will hopefully get with Dundee, with the added benefit that there may be some financial recouping of his wages that can be utilised elsewhere.

Assuming that injury or suspension crisis doesn't happen - which it has in the past - I'm thinking Aberdeen where Cummins would have made one of his first, if not thee first appearance of his 'Well career and the Utd pasting a few weeks back, this would appear to be a win-win,

The same principle would apply for McHugh should the heavy undertones that he is also Tayside bound be proved to be correct, although this may well be as much shop window territory as much as player development if the Anier deal comes off.

• Like 1