2013 - 2014 Ins & Outs

Mad Dog

Higginbotham strikes me as the type of player that will take time to mature into a role before developing into a key player. A wee bit like McCornack and O'Brien.

He's a talented boy and if he has his head screwed on, his opportunity will come at Fir Park.

I think sometimes if you haven't played (or started) 20 games plus a season by the age of 20 at your current club then you're seen as "not made it" by some in the support (even at the club). We moan at not having a squad but then as soon as someone is a squad player we believe they should be done away with sometimes.

The only player I would not re-new from our first team squad is Daley - and that is because he's over 30 and not played 20 games (starts) this season.

For what its worth: Heard a rumor that Faddy is about to sign on for another season, simply because the of the Buzz he got playing on a regular basis. Source: Someone at work knows a few people inside the club.

Always had a feeling this might happen, but wont get my hopes up yet, could also help convince others to stay.

Always had a feeling this might happen, but wont get my hopes up yet, could also help convince others to stay.

Euro football and the chance to play beside Faddy for another season could tempt a couple others to sign on for sure!!!

Faddy loves the club clearly, loves playing football and as far as I can gather is loving being back home!! Makes sense!

Really can't see it though, he's just too godamn good for us!

Euro football and the chance to play beside Faddy for another season could tempt a couple others to sign on for sure!!!

Faddy loves the club clearly, loves playing football and as far as I can gather is loving being back home!! Makes sense!

Really can't see it though, he's just too godamn good for us!

Him and Higgy seem to get on well, if it convinces Higgy to stay alone thats good enough for me.

of course he could sign up for another year and play in europe with the understanding ( in writing i suppose ) that Motherwell would let him go for a reasonable sum or indeed if a club makes an offer and faddy wants to go then we accept. Certainly would be terrific to have in the side for any european games.

A totally unsubstantiated rumour I heard was that even if faddy did want to stay, there was no funds to keep him.

Just from someone at Hammy's race night, so take it any way you like.

apparently he would take the same wage he is on now.

apparently he would take the same wage he is on now.

Which is being funded by the generosity of two directors. Can't sustain that forever. McFadden will be away, I'm sure. Fans of other clubs have been saying to me how obvious it is that he could cut it at a higher level...

They were going to what?!

How do you know this? Is it common knowledge?

yes it has been mentioned in meetings that they were going to dip into it for the very reasons it exists and was always planned for:

i.e. as the equivalent of an overdraft or credit facility, not to cover losses at this stage

For what its worth: Heard a rumor that Faddy is about to sign on for another season, simply because the of the Buzz he got playing on a regular basis. Source: Someone at work knows a few people inside the club.

Stop it.

I'm getting all giddy now!

Would love for this to happen but dont want to build myself up for a disappointment. I suppose its possible to get him on another short term deal. Given the wages he has given up it wouldnt be unreasonable to let him go for free if someone came in for him before the end of August. We get him for the Europa League games and he gets a rather large shop window.

I will be staggerred if someone doesnt come in for him off the back of his performances so far though.

yes it has been mentioned in meetings that they were going to dip into it for the very reasons it exists and was always planned for:

i.e. as the equivalent of an overdraft or credit facility, not to cover losses at this stage

It was explained to me that the Well Society would not being using any of our 'War Chest' until we had raised enough to obtain all of JB's controlling share in our club. I may have missed it but I thought we had only just hit the first target to have some shares released but not the overall controlling shares?

Infact, LD confirmed the funds raised would remain untouched until such a time we obtained the controlling shares. She went on to explain that if we could not raise the required controlling shares, then each invested sum would be returned to each member, the WS wound down and the MFC board would need to seek an independent buyer for any chance of survival.

This was what was explained to the group during the second Q&A in the Cooper, after announcing the plans for the WS and prior to the FSA go ahead.

Admittedly, I haven't made the last two meeting due to work and college commitments but I haven't seen anything from either board (MFC or WS) to suggest the plans had changed. Yet we seem to be dipping into the pot to sign players and increasing the sum required reach our overall capital target and the ultimate goal of fan ownership.

Yet we seem to be ***VERGING UPON*** dipping into the pot to sign players and increasing the sum required reach our overall capital target and the ultimate goal of fan ownership.

Slight amendment there other than my grammar tidying efforts during my earlier edit. Don't want it to come across than I'm backtracking on reflection.

Nothing to do with signing players, in fact the opposite as Steelboy indicated that would be the reason directors could be funding Faddy as there is no spare cash for extras when day to day business only just takes care of itself on a good run,

Nothing to do with signing players, in fact the opposite as Steelboy indicated that would be the reason directors could be funding Faddy as there is no spare cash for extras when day to day business only just takes care of itself on a good run,

Fair enough they may not have used the money for signing Faddy but from what Steelboy has indicated we might have done if two directors/heroes hadn't stepped up to shoulder that financial cost.

If they did announce plans to dip into the funds and deviate from our original course of action then surely it would be for an absolutely critical cause. Surely they would have made it abundantly clear as to how much was required, why it was required and when it would be repaid back into the war chest.

I understand the club's history and our adverse credit status, I understand why LD plays every decision safe and low risk. By her reckoning all things gone to plan, we could obtain fan ownership with our controlling shares and then we had our pot to fall back upon from that point onwards.

I'm genuinely not trying to be awkward but all I conclusively know is that the WS told some of our members at a meeting that they might dip into the pot. From the above, it looks like they *didn't* use any of it but I still don't know the reason they were toying with the idea in the first place when the plan was to seal the chest until we own the controlling share.

To me, the goal posts seem like they have some potential to move on the down low, with minimum consulation from the members. Kinda goes against the ethos of the WS in my understanding of it.

I've only ever been at one meeting but I don't ever remember getting the impression that MFC would utilise Well Society funds only when a sum was reached that enabled the WS to have a controlling interest.

I do recollect the discussion that the £250k or £300k, whatever that first target was, had to be secured before the Well Society itself would be legally constituted - if they didn't get that money - despite legal advice and whatever associated costs it accrued - they intended to reimburse everyone who signed up.

And I do recollect the discussion about why they potentially would require to dip into the WS funds - that being the dearth of finance coming into the club after the turn of the year, with specific mention given to the odd nature of when the SPL dished out monies due to clubs.

But again I don't remember the stipulation of the controlling interest scenario being discussed.

816, I cannot explain it any other way, but safe to say that no one in the club or WS has ever said they were going to use society funds to pay for signings,

its been explained to death on other threads, you have went off on one from a snippet above and an interpretation that means society funds might never get used, as we're years away from your targets, I'm sure Steelboy will explain he never said anyone was using funds to sign players, if I get time i'll look back and see what Derek Weir said.

now would the 2nd place prize be enough to fund Faddy?

I've only ever been at one meeting but I don't ever remember getting the impression that MFC would utilise Well Society funds only when a sum was reached that enabled the WS to have a controlling interest.

I do recollect the discussion that the £250k or £300k, whatever that first target was, had to be secured before the Well Society itself would be legally constituted - if they didn't get that money - despite legal advice and whatever associated costs it accrued - they intended to reimburse everyone who signed up.

And I do recollect the discussion about why they potentially would require to dip into the WS funds - that being the dearth of finance coming into the club after the turn of the year, with specific mention given to the odd nature of when the SPL dished out monies due to clubs.

Thats my exact recollection too Andy. The money is to be used as a returnable overdraft/cash float in times of need, usually in late winter or early spring. Its was mentioned at the Club's AGM that it was likely that temporary loan(for want of a better term) would be required in the spring.

That said, the club has to use the cash for something - it would be pointless asking for the temporary loan and then not using for some purpose, be it wages, repairs or whatever.

816, I cannot explain it any other way, but safe to say that no one in the club or WS has ever said they were going to use society funds to pay for signings,

its been explained to death on other threads, you have went off on one from a snippet above and an interpretation that means society funds might never get used, as we're years away from your targets, I'm sure Steelboy will explain he never said anyone was using funds to sign players, if I get time i'll look back and see what Derek Weir said.

now would the 2nd place prize be enough to fund Faddy?

Would have been if we hadn't voted away the original prize pot, too fucking nice us sometimes.