2013 - 2014 Ins & Outs

Mad Dog

I think you're missing something because Murphy has been starting almost every week since he signed for them. It's a straight promotion clause. If they get promoted we get an extra payment. I think it's about 50k.

He's back as a starter now, but he missed a few games recently due to a groin injury.

i thought he had his best game for us on friday and has been more aggressive over the past few months. i agree about the anonymous thing, a lot of the time he seems to be determined to stay out the way of opposing attacks.

i'd sign him and kerr up, there is much worse out there and given that the standard of the league is likely to drop again in the summer due to financials i think we can get by with them.

Aye, should be clear, I don't think its necessarily a bad thing. I'd quite happily have two completely anonymous centre-halfs. I've always wanted Saunders and Hutchinson to be our centre-half pairing, which seems increasingly unlikely, sadly, but Ramsden seems deece. I'd always wondered whether McCall had brought him in with the intention of sticking him next to Lasley, with Saunders/Kerr and Hutchinson at the back, but evidently not.

Kerr...I'm just not sure about. The guy is very young, but I keep comparing him to Gunning, really, who looked miles ahead of Kerr at around the same age. In saying that, if he's happy to be here on what I imagine will be a pretty low wage, get his chance and break another Killie goalkeeper's wrist..then sure, sign him up...!

The Sun today has us linked , as we've already heard , with an interest in Samson from St Mirren , and if that doesn't happen , next on the list Mannus of St Johnstone .

Probably just your usual lazy journo copy and pasting rumours off of sites like this right enough!

For the Samson/McGowan rumours, I just presumed it was some 2+2ery in that they're out of contract and we'll almost certainly need players in those positions, and we can {probably, I assume at least) offer a little more than the Buddies can.

i heard third hand - via a guy who played with samson at ayr - that we were interested in him a couple of months ago.

No idea about magowan but he has a reputation of being a bit too fond of partying, not sure i'd want him.

He was having you on... :nod:

Wouldn't be surprised if he's not the last SPL player to go there. They signed up Shinnie yesterday, are skint, and Clark seems to rate players plying their trade up here.

I wouldnt feel let down if this was his move. He's at least as good as that. Would love to see the big chap play in the EPL eventually. Dont know whats happening at Birmingham but you would think he'd have a shot at it with them.

Another one off to a respectable sized club?

http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/sport/football/leeds-united/jamaican-international-is-first-name-on-mcdermott-s-leeds-hitlist-1-5614128

Was hoping it was our other Jamaican International......

Begs the Q why we never get/got any transfer offers for Humphrey, Randolph, Law etc.

WHIT = "Humphrey came close to a move to Parkhead in August of last year after Celtic manager Neil Lennon explored the possibility of signing him in the latter stages of the transfer window. The sides did not agree a fee, however, and Humphrey was left to see out his deal at Fir Park".

Cannot remember hearing this....

Another one off to a respectable sized club?

http://www.yorkshire...tlist-1-5614128

Was hoping it was our other Jamaican International......

Begs the Q why we never get/got any transfer offers for Humphrey, Randolph, Law etc.

WHIT = "Humphrey came close to a move to Parkhead in August of last year after Celtic manager Neil Lennon explored the possibility of signing him in the latter stages of the transfer window. The sides did not agree a fee, however, and Humphrey was left to see out his deal at Fir Park".

Probably cos Lennon wouldn't offer anywhere near his true value so never got past the first phone call. Cynical view perhaps but from experience that's how ra Shellic operate.

And being quite honest I would rather lose him to Leeds for fuck all than see him up the road for a fraction of his worth.

• Like 1

I remember hearing about the links with Celtic.

I'm sure they wanted to take him on loan initially or something daft like that.

May be wrong but seem to remember some talk along those lines.

Could've just been newspaper bullshit though!

The rumour was going about when we were in Spain for the Levante match - Diane and Alison were plagued with the question yes.gif

Probably cos Lennon wouldn't offer anywhere near his true value so never got past the first phone call. Cynical view perhaps but from experience that's how ra Shellic operate.

And being quite honest I would rather lose him to Leeds for fuck all than see him up the road for a fraction of his worth.

if celtic offered more or the same as sheffield united offered for murphy then we were extremely stupid not to take it.

I can't really see Humphrey doing well at a bigger club. Much as I like him, I think there are a good few problems in his game that can be overlooked at this level, but would cause issues in a team with higher expectations (albeit we're starting to look lofty ourselves!)

whos all out of contract? Higgy, Hump, Law, Mcfadden, Randolph,.. anyone else? Hateley?

I've heard people say as much as 11 but I can't think who they are?

Daley, Ramsden (?). It was quoted 11 back at the start of the season, since then we have already lost Murphy, and a few have signed on again.

whos all out of contract? Higgy, Hump, Law, Mcfadden, Randolph,.. anyone else? Hateley?

I've heard people say as much as 11 but I can't think who they are?

Randy, Saunders, Ramsden, Law, Humphrey, Faddy, Higgy, Daley, Hateley,

Higginbotham and Kerr's loans will finish.

Anyone else pick up Stevie Saunders tweets yesterday?

Big fella is away at the end of the season. I think he's been really unlucky and wish hime all the best for his life after 'Well