2013 - 2014 Ins & Outs

Mad Dog

There does seem to be a bit if genuine excitement about Craig Moore from what ai can gather. Fingers crossed he can make an impression in the first team.

Stats wise for the U-20's & Cowdenbeath, he was mint. And every week he was talked up on sportsound! Probably dangerous to say it but he does look the real deal early on. Big Lee Erwin as well tho I reckon we will see him loaned for 1st team experience this year

Id rather be in our position, losing the players weve lost, we have replaced them with some quality already... Look at Dundee United, theyve done heehaw and lost their best players then brung in players who have no SPL experience whatsoever.

Ive always said signing International goalies from rubbish nations is a good thing, they play against some of the best players in the world and its their job to prevent it from being 10-0 as alanbmfc has said he done... This way they get more exposure, experience and stuck in the biggest shop windows.

Another 2 signings this week to keep us ticking over please :cheers:

I see St Johnstone have signed David Wotherspoon. Could he have done a job for us? I thought he had some good games against us and others in which he and his fellow Hibees just weren't at the races against us. However, overall, I thought he was a decent enough SPL player.

I was told this morning by someone who had spoken to Faddy two weeks ago, that he had not been offered a contract. Don't know if that has changed since then, or if we are waiting to see how much we have left to offer him. I would hate to think we are not going to offer him anything.

I was told this morning by someone who had spoken to Faddy two weeks ago, that he had not been offered a contract. Don't know if that has changed since then, or if we are waiting to see how much we have left to offer him. I would hate to think we are not going to offer him anything.

Yep! Seems to be a strange position for club to adopt, given comments by SMcC.

There was also a comment in the press a couple of weeks ago that Tom Hateley hadn't been offered a contract as well.

Seems like there is misinformation out there, either from MFC or the agents. I know which one I am likely to believe.

The club couldn't afford his wages last season and I doubt that we will manage to afford them this season, so why would they offer him a contract?It is possible however that SMcC is hopeful that the guys who payed his wages last season might be willing to pay part of his wages over a two year contract and that SMcC is waiting to see what's left in the kitty before putting a proposal to him - not much point putting forward an if buts and maybes contract that might be knocked back, better to wait and put forward a firm deal.

This is from the official website on 20/05/2013.

The following players have been / will be offered extended terms with the club:

• Tom Hateley
  • Chris Humphrey
  • Michael Higdon
  • Fraser Kerr
  • James McFadden

Would be surprised if the club haven't put some kind of figures to him by now.

The club couldn't afford his wages last season and I doubt that we will manage to afford them this season, so why would they offer him a contract?

Would it not just be a case of making him the best offer we can afford?

Last season was different as the budget/squad was filled before the opportunity arose.

I don't know that it would be enough to get him, but I'd have thought an offer of whatever our top earners are currently on, then the balls in his court.

He's arguably the one player we could realistically sign that may put some extra bums on seats come August.

No idea how much truth is in it, just passing on the information, but apparently Motherwell made an offer to Stephen McManus which he rejected.

Don't shoot the messenger if it turns out to be shite :D

Wouldn't surprise me. Injury troubles or not, former Scotland captains don't come cheap...

Im sure we are doing all we can to sign players usually beyond our means, getting them to train with us first is a start as they are in touch with us everyday things can lead on from there it worked with Faddy remember ?

The ones in Larkhall are.

Looks as fit as fuck then. Forgot just how tall he is, absolutely towers over the majority of the squad, no as tall as Nielsen right enough.

See it could go both ways with that saying, Buchers dogs could be fit as fuck cos they're well fed or fat as fuck cos they're overfed.

Anyway that's cleared up :thumbup: