2013 - 2014 Ins & Outs

Mad Dog

From Evening Times.

Can't say I know much about him, but hopefully he'll be next on the list of keepers who excel at Fir Park.

Gunnar deal close for Well boss Stu

STUART McCALL has revealed he hopes to complete the signing of Faroese international goalkeeper Gunnar Nielsen within the next 24 hours.

The 26-year-old is a free agent after leaving Danish club Silkeborg IF and McCall is hopeful he will be able to unveil the former Blackburn Rovers keeper in time to allow him to join Well in the departures lounge for their Spanish training camp on Monday.

It will be Nielsen's second spell at Fir Park following a five month loan spell, from August 2008 to December 2008, when he returned to Ewood Park.

The Steelmen gaffer said: "Following Darren Randolph's departure for Birmingham we have been keen to get an experienced top quality goalkeeper in and I believe Gunnar Nielsen ticks all these boxes.

"I am very hopeful that we will be able to sign him up within the next 24 hours and that hopefully he can join us in Spain.

"But Gunnar will face a fight for the gloves with Lee Hollis and I am sure they will both benefit from the competition for the No.1 slot."

Meanwhile, Motherwell will take on Doncaster Rovers in a pre-season friendly at the Keepmoat Stadium, on Saturday, July 13, in a 3pm kick-off.

Glad to see big John back. Big handsome bastard.

Great news about Neilsen.

There definitely seems to be a strict signing policy in place... we're bound to be the best-looking team in the league now... Lawson, Vigurs, Sutton, Neilsen... not to mention the housewives' favourite. Marketing opportunity?

Happy with Nielsen signing, from the youtube video it's clear that he has at least the raw talent required to be a decent SPL keeper, could come on leaps and bounds with game time or at the very least keep Hollis on his toes!

Cautiously optimistic that we'll be alright next season. On paper, McCall seems to be making a very good fist of this rebuilding lark. Three players with SPL pedigree and two with potential to develop.

Two or three more of the right signings and we'll be well equipped for the new season...

• Like 1

Great news about Neilsen.

There definitely seems to be a strict signing policy in place... we're bound to be the best-looking team in the league now... Lawson, Vigurs, Sutton, Neilsen... not to mention the housewives' favourite. Marketing opportunity?

Aye I'm sure there will be some sort of calender out for the women and other wise inclined.

Delighted we signed Neilson, has experience at big clubs and playing international football. Will challenge for No1 spot or will walk in as first choice? Mark Hughes seemed to rate him taking him to City, although since then some of Hughes signings have been suspect.

Delighted we signed Neilson, has experience at big clubs and playing international football. Will challenge for No1 spot or will walk in as first choice? Mark Hughes seemed to rate him taking him to City, although since then some of Hughes signings have been suspect.

Hughes signed him, but he did have his contract extended under Mancini's watch.

I am looking forward to see how Neilson plays, but I can't understand folk saying things about his "Experience" as far as I can find out he's played about 17 games and 14 senior internationals for the Faroes.

I am not getting at the signing just perplexed by some of the comments

I think they are saying you gain more useful experience training along side Shay Given and stopping shots from Tevez than, say, training along side John Gardiner and stopping shots from John Reilly.

I can partially understand that comment, however I don't believe it to be completely true, he was farmed out to the Conference and league one, was probably about 6th choice and didn't have a club for 5 months apparently

To be fair, Randolph couldn't hold down a first team slot in a League One team before he joined us.

Bottom line is that Gordon Marshall reckoned he is good enough and he's supposed to be the expert.

I think they are saying you gain more useful experience training along side Shay Given and stopping shots from Tevez than, say, training along side John Gardiner and stopping shots from John Reilly.

AAAAAARGGHHH......John Gardiner......and here was me gettin' better tae. Nurse, the screens.....

To be fair, Randolph couldn't hold down a first team slot in a League One team before he joined us.

Bottom line is that Gordon Marshall reckoned he is good enough and he's supposed to be the expert.

not really what I was saying, but ok