2013 - 2014 Ins & Outs

Mad Dog

Agent milked the Scotland cap maybe? Either way, folk are being misty-eyed about him on here because they haven't seen him for ages.

Not at all, he had already proved his worth before his injury, was looking forward to seeing him regain his place, far better at right back than Hateley IMO even though Tam did a grand job there.

Still can't change it now, hope he does well and makes McCall look a dick for releasing him. Preferably down South obviously so he doesn't come back to haunt us directly. :rolleyes:

Fuck. We had Liam Birdcutt on trial. That would have been a great signing. In hindsight.

That was the main thing I took from it that article! All 20/20 in hindsight I guess.

At the same time, Pellegrino has played about a dozen games since then, win some lose some I guess?

Not at all, he had already proved his worth before his injury, was looking forward to seeing him regain his place, far better at right back than Hateley IMO even though Tam did a grand job there.

Still can't change it now, hope he does well and makes McCall look a dick for releasing him. Preferably down South obviously so he doesn't come back to haunt us directly. :rolleyes:

Can't remember the last player we released (rather than left on a transfer/free) that came back to haunt us.

Can't remember the last player we released (rather than left on a transfer/free) that came back to haunt us.

Happens all the time. Especially live on tv or in front of a bumper home support.

Saunders getting the Jonathan Page treatment here now. Remember everyone going on about how we'd regret letting him go and he's since been released by Hamilton Accies.

So many of our players have been held up as great white hope when they don't play in the first team.

Nothing against Stevie personally mind you

i've got to say dundee united's signings are making me feel better about what we've brought in.

two boys from queen's park. two from partick. one from raith. a defender from the conference south and a striker who couldn't get a game at st johnstone two seasons ago.

they are spending a fortune on goodwillie but he's probably forgot how to play football.

Name of the last one?

I was trying to imply that old players coming back to haunt us is as much as a myth as the like "we always blow it in front of a big crowd" and "we always get pumped when we're live on tv" myths

• Like 1

plenty of old players have came back to haunt us like townsley, mcdonald, domoleaux, mcculloch.

the only i can think of who we let go was alex burns who scored 5 against us in the one season with partick which was only the warm up for the pain he inflicted when we brought him back.

i've got to say dundee united's signings are making me feel better about what we've brought in.

two boys from queen's park. two from partick. one from raith. a defender from the conference south and a striker who couldn't get a game at st johnstone two seasons ago.

they are spending a fortune on goodwillie but he's probably forgot how to play football.

I'm sure I heard on the radio that Utd are paying just 10% of his 18k a week wages.

Saunders getting the Jonathan Page treatment here now. Remember everyone going on about how we'd regret letting him go and he's since been released by Hamilton Accies.

In fairness that was probably just DEWELL saying it quite a lot. That and pants.

plenty of old players have came back to haunt us like townsley, mcdonald, domoleaux, mcculloch.

the only i can think of who we let go was alex burns who scored 5 against us in the one season with partick which was only the warm up for the pain he inflicted when we brought him back.

'Plenty' :lol:

Plenty would indicate more than those that haven't, I'm pretty sure there's far more that haven't than the four in a decade that you've posted.

plenty of old players have came back to haunt us like townsley, mcdonald, domoleaux, mcculloch

Good point. Now take a look at what I wrote and see if it has any bearing on what you just said.

Well McCall said he wanted 5 in and since then he's brought in Gunnar Nielsen and John Sutton. I'm not entirely sure if the 5 includes Fraser Kerr because when he was interviewed on MFC tv Flow seemed to suggest the deal had been agreed a while ago. So I'm unsure as to whether McCall was already including him as part of the squad he had and had accounted for his wages.

I'd hope so anyway as we apparently have deals out to Faddy and McManus. IF, and lets face if it's a pretty big if, they both sign and you include Kerr then that'd be your 5. Then our squad will be left with a distinct lack of pace.

Suppose there's a long way to go for that sort of talk as I'm sceptical about either McManus or Faddy signing let alone both. We certainly do need at least one winger with a bit of pace signed up though in my opinion. ZFA is the only option we really have at the minute that fits that description and even he's a left back by trade.

The squad go away for the pre season trip on Monday, if Faddy and/or McManus aren't on that plane I personally can't see them signing. McFadden especially, he's surely had long enough? I love Faddy as much as the next 'Well fan but surely it's time to ask for a definitive answer and if he's not prepared to sign we should move on and push on with signing other targets.