2013 - 2014 Ins & Outs

Mad Dog

Can anyone help?

My father-in-law is currently in Spain and was in a bar yesterday watching Sky Sports news. He text me saying "thats not the greatest move for Higgy but good news about Scott MacDonald". I phone him and he said Sky are reporting he's training with us. Is he in Spain? Does anyone know about this?

He isnt a Motherwell fan and would have no need to wind me up, nor do I think he is. Did anyone else see this as I can't find the details anywhere?

aye he gave up 30 grand a week at boro to come back to fir park, he says we're the only club he ever wanted to play for.

Thats really kind of you putting together a really mature helpful reply. We all know how loan deals works and also ask McFadden about his willingness to change his pay grately.

I never once said it is fact, simply asking if anyone has heard of this anywhere.

I would have him back at the Arc but then again thats just my thoughts that count for feck all

Hadn't heard that mate. I'm sure if he was there it would have leaked by now. Not impossible tho. We have a pretty open door on offering our old guys training facilities.

Like eduardo, i Dislike the wee badge kissing c**t intensely but he's some player on his game

tony mowbray gave an interview yesterday saying that boro wanted to get rid of mcdonald due to his 30k a week wages but understandably mcdonald isn't willing to give up any of the money he is due so it is diffucult to move him on.

It would be quite a development if he went from holding out for the full 3m remaining on his contract to going on trial with us in less than 24 hours.

Never really got how a player kissing a badge can wind up so many people. It's obviously just an act to bond with and appease to the masses of whoever a particular player is playing for at a particular time and means as much as Mo Johnston's many collection of scarves.

Like you say skippy arriving is unlikely.

But unfortunately wee boab as you call him spitting the dummy out because the opportunty to bring on board any really good striker became available to us is a blow we'll just have to take.

Don't get me wrong I hope it works out for him at fir park and he's also got a wee bit of cult status. However . . . . .

Never really got how a player kissing a badge can wind up so many people. It's obviously just an act to bond with and appease to the masses of whoever a particular player is playing for at a particular time and means as much as Mo Johnston's many collection of scarves.

It's also, in macdonald's case - to wind up the opposing fans.

Don't get me wrong, I know where you're coming from but skippy was particularly confrontational with the well fans.

In fact his badge kissing was entirely for our benefit, not the great unwashed.

• Like 1

Yeah was there one of the days he did it. Was getting wound up coz the East Stand was singing "You - fat - bastard!" at him and he wasn't enjoying it at all. Kissed the badge purely to noise the 'Well fans up.

Would still take him back in a heartbeat, mind...

Yeah was there one of the days he did it. Was getting wound up coz the East Stand was singing "You - fat - bastard!" at him and he wasn't enjoying it at all. Kissed the badge purely to noise the 'Well fans up.

Would still take him back in a heartbeat, mind...

Same here. Fitba' fans can be a hypocritical bunch, it's fine for our players to wind up anyone else, but as soon as anyone does it to us they become persona non grata? It's all part of the fun, ffs :)

It's also, in macdonald's case - to wind up the opposing fans.

Don't get me wrong, I know where you're coming from but skippy was particularly confrontational with the well fans.

In fact his badge kissing was entirely for our benefit, not the great unwashed.

Off the park, he had nothing but good things to say about the club and the fans. heard him a few times talking about his spell at Fir Park and how much he enjoyed it.

Wee snippet from The Times in regard to McManus, McFadden and signings in general.

Well gaffer Stuart McCall says he needs to make up to three more signings before Well begin their campaign on Thursday, August 4, with a Europa League qualifier.

However, the Steelmen face competition for the big defender from Hibs and Dundee United, but McCall is prepared to make McManus one of the club's higher earners to secure his signature.

McCall said: "I would say we need to make three more signings. We got Gunnar Nielsen last week and we probably need another three.

"However, my priority is width. We have lost Henrik Ojamaa and Chris Humphrey and lost Jamie Murphy in January.

"That has robbed us of a lot of width and that is probably the main thing.

"We are also looking to add defensively and we have options."

McManus could also be swayed to sign for his hometown team by the retention of close mate James McFadden.

On the subject of the former Scotland talisman, McCall said he had not given up hope of keeping Faddy at Fir Park.

The Well gaffer said: "James has not come back and said no to us so we are still hopeful.

"But another option for us is a couple of loan deals, either from the English Premiership or Championship.

"We had Fraser Kerr on loan from Birmingham last season and we ended up signing him.

"So these types of deals can be very fruitful and are an option for us."

Like you say skippy arriving is unlikely.

But unfortunately wee boab as you call him spitting the dummy out because the opportunty to bring on board any really good striker became available to us is a blow we'll just have to take.

Don't get me wrong I hope it works out for him at fir park and he's also got a wee bit of cult status. However . . . . .

I don't see McDonald coming back, but stranger things have happened at Fir Park.

I also don't see Bob McHugh cutting the mustard at Motherwell. Just don't think he's anywhere near the quality of striker we should be looking for in a first team. I know he's young (well, 22 next week), and I've read the statistics chucked on here about his minutes to goals ratio, etc, but for me, he's shown very little to suggest that he's due a run of games, and has avoided even a fraction of the criticism which Daley (deservedly) got, despite not contributing a whole lot more.

I definitely feel that the broken (wrist?) which prevented his loan a couple of years ago has stalled his development from great reserve player into a first teamer.

I really hope he does it, because I am generally a fan of the small, chunky, striker type, and we're really due a storming product of our own, but I just don't see it happening for him or us just now, and if we bring in another striker, I think it'd be for the best for us to see if we can find a loan for him.

Got a funny feeling this won't go down well, due to that cult status...