2013 - 2014 Ins & Outs

Mad Dog

MFC Official has confirmed on Facebook ,,,,,..... and a trialist defender.

am told we have taken the RB from Morton, Craig Reid

EDIT: and as he pictured on the Motherwell Facebook page I believe its true

Scott McDonald no thanks, after the way he left he can go shite, couldnae afford him anyway so non story.

Sir Bob, aye he needs to take this opportunity cos there won't be too many more if at all, but I hope he can rise to the challenge.

• Like 1

I don't see McDonald coming back, but stranger things have happened at Fir Park.

I also don't see Bob McHugh cutting the mustard at Motherwell. Just don't think he's anywhere near the quality of striker we should be looking for in a first team. I know he's young (well, 22 next week), and I've read the statistics chucked on here about his minutes to goals ratio, etc, but for me, he's shown very little to suggest that he's due a run of games, and has avoided even a fraction of the criticism which Daley (deservedly) got, despite not contributing a whole lot more.

I definitely feel that the broken (wrist?) which prevented his loan a couple of years ago has stalled his development from great reserve player into a first teamer.

I really hope he does it, because I am generally a fan of the small, chunky, striker type, and we're really due a storming product of our own, but I just don't see it happening for him or us just now, and if we bring in another striker, I think it'd be for the best for us to see if we can find a loan for him.

Got a funny feeling this won't go down well, due to that cult status...

I think this is a pretty harsh assessment but I agree he'll probably have to move away from Fir Park to get his career rolling, unless a new coach with a new system comes in.

I'd agree thats pretty harsh. From what we've seen of him I think he looks tenacious with some decent movement and his goals to games ratio is excellent. I reckon all he needs is a good run of starts and he'll be a regular goal scorer in the SPL.

Liking the photo's from Spain, guys look like they are working hard and also getting some time together. Think this week away is exactly what was need and hopefully a few guys are working on getting McFadden to sign on.

Bob's situation is quite an odd one.

When you think of everything that's happened at the club since he was rather nonchalantly tucking the ball home for our eighth against Flamurtari nearly four years ago, really he isn't that much further forward in nailing a regular place than he was then.

I think managers believe they get more from him as impact sub. and for the sake of his own career that's something he has to shake off sooner rather later. Either that or get out and get regular starts elsewhere.

He has been quite unfortunate when he has produced from the bench the reward of a start in the next game has rarely been forthcoming. Understandable of course in most cases given the goalscorers we've had over the period.

Think we've been saying it for the last few seasons but.......big season this one for Boab!

Scott McDonald no thanks, after the way he left he can go shite, couldnae afford him anyway so non story.

Sir Bob, aye he needs to take this opportunity cos there won't be too many more if at all, but I hope he can rise to the challenge.

I see what you did there laugh1.gif

I was talking to Scott McDonald in Faro Airport last summer.He was returning from a training week in the Algarve with his team. My son and I were getting pictures taken with him. Very friendly guy and was laughing when I asked him , " Do you not wish you had stayed with Motherwell and be about to play in Europe next week ? ". I know its unlikely that he is returning but cant understand the small mindedness of some folk on here. Would have any quality like him at Fir Park anytime.

Sky story on Hutch

"

Shaun Hutchinson: Prepared to discuss fresh terms at Motherwell

Shaun Hutchinson claims to be happy at Motherwell and is paying little attention to speculation regarding a switch.

The highly-rated defender was the subject of a failed bid from Millwall last season and is reported to be attracting further interest during the summer transfer window.

The 22-year-old is, however, in no rush to leave Fir Park.

Hutchinson has been part of the set-up at Motherwell since 2007 and admits he would be willing to sit down and discuss a contract extension at some stage in the near future.

He told the Daily Record: "There was a bid from Millwall last season but I didn't take any notice of it.

"If something happens in the future, then it happens, but for the moment I'm happy here.

"Motherwell haven't said anything about a new contract but we may start to talk about it towards Christmas.

"This is the start of my seventh year here. I came up as a 16-year-old ad have a complete life up here now." "

Sky story on Hutch

"

Shaun Hutchinson: Prepared to discuss fresh terms at Motherwell

Shaun Hutchinson claims to be happy at Motherwell and is paying little attention to speculation regarding a switch.

The highly-rated defender was the subject of a failed bid from Millwall last season and is reported to be attracting further interest during the summer transfer window.

The 22-year-old is, however, in no rush to leave Fir Park.

Hutchinson has been part of the set-up at Motherwell since 2007 and admits he would be willing to sit down and discuss a contract extension at some stage in the near future.

He told the Daily Record: "There was a bid from Millwall last season but I didn't take any notice of it.

"If something happens in the future, then it happens, but for the moment I'm happy here.

"Motherwell haven't said anything about a new contract but we may start to talk about it towards Christmas.

"This is the start of my seventh year here. I came up as a 16-year-old ad have a complete life up here now." "

Get a contract extension/new contract in place, quick, and we might, actually, get some money when the time for his big move comes.

Get a contract extension/new contract in place, quick, and we might, actually, get some money when the time for his big move comes.

My thoughts exactly. Otherwise we'll be looking at 150k in January again like Reynolds and murphy.

he's making the right noises and i twould be foolish if we didnt try to capitalise on it - however, new contract inevitably bring with it more money - would this eat away at our current budget and stop us from signing other players? for me, signing mcmanus and tying up hutchy would be a great bit of business - yo bring in the old head, pass on the experience and hope that adds value to Hutchys selling price

(loathe McManus or not, you'd be a fool if you thought he wouldnt bring something to our team - you dont play in at the level he has, for as long as he has, if you are totally shit)

he's making the right noises and i twould be foolish if we didnt try to capitalise on it - however, new contract inevitably bring with it more money - would this eat away at our current budget and stop us from signing other players? for me, signing mcmanus and tying up hutchy would be a great bit of business - yo bring in the old head, pass on the experience and hope that adds value to Hutchys selling price

(loathe McManus or not, you'd be a fool if you thought he wouldnt bring something to our team - you dont play in at the level he has, for as long as he has, if you are totally shit)

He'd, certainly, bring some bite into the defence. Wonder if playing for a non-OF team would lead to an increase in his yellow/red card count.

According to the metro we're set to sign Dougie Imrie if Faddy doesn't sign on again.

Awfirfuxake. Faddy, please sign the bit of paper for the nice little ginger man.

That would really be going from the sublime to the ridiculous.