2013 - 2014 Ins & Outs

Mad Dog

I read that too this morning and actually let out an outburst of 'aw fuck' - got a few stares from bored commuters!

Everybody just thought. 'That boy's just read the bit in the metro about Faddy'

I've reconsidered, think Imrie will be a wee shitey pants legend for us.

Faddy - Dougie Imrie

Im not sure in what world they would be a like for like comparison

We all read reports about how much Faddy loved the atmosphere and team spirit when he signed on again a few months back. Im hoping the Spanish expedition persuades him that we still have that spirit despite losing half the team.

Come on Faddy.....and Hutch as well!

I think any signing of Dougie Imrie would seriously test the resolve of the "I've never booed any player whilst they've been wearing a Motherwell shirt" type comments.

I would boo him, he is an obnoxious, talentless wee prick who i hope never to see anywhere near a Motherwell shirt.

Would seriously test your loyalty if it turned out the club were putting out pictures suggesting that faddy maybe re-signing and were actually working to sign Imrie.... Although I would seriously doubt that is the case. The club will know Imrie is one of the fans least favourite players and like any business, it's aim is to keep its customers (fans) happy. Especially when times are meant to be tight financially!

id hate for someone like angol to miss out on playing time for a turd like imrie,hopefully its a load of bollocks but anytime i see him linked with us it gives me the fear big time

I think any signing of Dougie Imrie would seriously test the resolve of the "I've never booed any player whilst they've been wearing a Motherwell shirt" type comments.

Would rate Bob Malcolm much, much lower than Dougie Imrie.

• Like 1

Forgetting player ability for a minute, someone please tell me, because this part has gone right over my head, what actually is it that Dougie Imrie has done to receive such a visceral reaction from some of us?

I genuinely don't have a clue. What have I missed? huh.gif

I don't particularly have anything against Dougie Imrie but I'd be concerned if we were bringing in a player that was basically a squad player for St. Mirren last season and didn't exactly set the heather on fire at Hamilton before that.

You might just about make a case for him being a bench player but as a first teamer you'd like to think we could get someone better.

Forgetting player ability for a minute, someone please tell me, because this part has gone right over my head, what actually is it that Dougie Imrie has done to receive such a visceral reaction from some of us?

I genuinely don't have a clue. What have I missed? huh.gif

to surmise. he almost killed an accies player. he dives. he shits himself. his maw is a mattress.

we hate him, he hates us.

Ok, I've never met our wee pal, but for anyone that's connected to him, lets get some confirmation or quash the following urban legends...Dougie Imrie shits himself?Dougie Imrie canny tie his shoelaces?Dougie Imrie lives in a hedge?

Answers on a postcard. Mind, nay slevers when yer licking yer stamp

• Like 1

Faddy is Well set

MOTHERWELL are closing in on signing James McFadden to a new deal.

Faddy has already held talks with chief executive Leeann Dempster and more are planned when Well return from their Spanish training base tomorrow.

But club sources are optimistic the Fir Park favourite will agree a new deal.

McFadden is at Well’s Costa Blanca camp and is likely to play some part in tomorrow’s friendly against Doncaster Rovers.

Boss Stuart McCall said: “I’m cautiously optimistic about James signing.

“The offer’s been made to him, and while I don’t know the length, they just need to tie up the bits and pieces of it.

“Unless something comes out of left field, I don’t think it’s going to be difficult to get something in writing. I’m sure that will happen as soon as we get back to Britain.

“I’d think it would be a similar situation to last season where someone pays his wages, but that’s not my territory.

“I did say to him that if he wanted to be involved in the European games, he needed to come to Spain with us.

“He’s in good condition, but he missed the first week of hard running, so he’s happy about that!”

Well are also hopeful former Celtic skipper Stephen McManus will agree a move.

He’s been training with Hibs but also had a week’s pre-season with Well and Fir Park insiders are optimistic he’ll join.

McCall added: “We’re waiting for Faddy, and for Stephen as well.

“When you wait and they’re your top targets, then maybe your number two and three targets move on. If you don’t get target one, you end up with target four, so I’d rather wait for target one.

“It’s a balancing act as you don’t want to keep players waiting. But I’d hope we’ll know about both of them on Monday.”

Will wait for it to be official before getting too excited. At least we should know by Monday and we can all move on one way or another on both.