2013 - 2014 Ins & Outs

Mad Dog

If we sign Faddy and McManus we will have a great squad, add a couple of loans with a bit of pace I think our squad will be better than last year.

If Faddy and McManus sign do you think Lasley will remain captain

I thought he was doing well and was a bit of a fans' favourite. Or has that changed?

Our fans love him, he seems to have really embraced Barnsley as his 2nd home. He runs around a lot and gives 100% but whether he's good enough for the Championship is another question. Can't fault the guys effort.

Is this the same Tony Watt that Lennon was orgasmic about after they beat Barca last year..predicting big things for him at Celtic ? Now he is up for loan..obviously not in the plans anymore.

Loaning out promising youngsters hardly means they're not in the plans any more. You might have noticed we do quite a bit of it ourselves.

For those of us without the paper today or MCFTV what were McCall's quotes in relation to signing Faddy & McManus?

From his interview on Friday he said:

He was cautiously optimistic Faddy would sign. He had been a made a verbal offer and was waiting for a written one. Was going to think about it over the weekend and was hopeful that he would sign on Monday or Tuesday.

Similarly hopeful for McManus and was looking for him to sign Monday or Tuesday, but understood he was also training with Hibs and may prefer it there.

If both did sign he was still looking for another couple of players - one more striker and one wide/fast player. One of those may have to be a loan.

From his interview on Friday he said:

He was cautiously optimistic Faddy would sign. He had been a made a verbal offer and was waiting for a written one. Was going to think about it over the weekend and was hopeful that he would sign on Monday or Tuesday.

Similarly hopeful for McManus and was looking for him to sign Monday or Tuesday, but understood he was also training with Hibs and may prefer it there.

If both did sign he was still looking for another couple of players - one more striker and one wide/fast player. One of those may have to be a loan.

Cool - seen those on friday, thought there may have been some more developments after Donny yesterday.

If both sign pace in wide areas is something we're screaming out for. McCall looks to have done the business in this transfer window and I'm sure he'll bring the right guys in.

Would love to sign McManus, it would be a real coup for us.

I saw him outside a restaurant in Bothwell tonight actually. Take it he's from around this area and that's why we're in with a shout of getting him if he's looking for a move back up the road?

Would love to sign McManus, it would be a real coup for us.

I saw him outside a restaurant in Bothwell tonight actually. Take it he's from around this area and that's why we're in with a shout of getting him if he's looking for a move back up the road?

I believe he is intent on staying in Scotland and it will come down to us or Hibs.

Which is not as simple as we would like to think.

Although perennial under achievers Hibs are/should be a big club

I was in the same year at school - he's a good lad. Came from Uddingston and lives in Bothwell.

As well as Faddy he is good friends with a few ex Motherwell boys too - David Clarkson, Stephen Pearson and Brian Dempsie. Met him a few years ago in the main stand when he was taking in a game along with Faddy to watch Clarky play. Given that and the closeness to home it might just be enough to sway him to sign.