2013 - 2014 Ins & Outs

Mad Dog

Anier til Motherwell

In Norwegian, roughly translated using Google...

Viking striker Henri Anier loaned to Motherwell.

- We have had a dialogue today, and we agree. It looks like Anier loaned to Motherwell, says Viking Arne Larsen Økland to RA.

Loan Agreement extends to mid-January.

The clubs were verbally agreed Wednesday afternoon. According to Økland the written agreement drawn up and signed by all parties during the week.

There is not an option to purchase.

- If Motherwell are so pleased with Anier that they will buy him, so we take a spin on that later.

Earlier in the day wrote the Scottish newspaper Express that Motherwell would try to pass in box before the weekend.

The newspaper writes that the reason is that the club wants to sign over to play in the qualifying rounds of the Europa League, and the deadline for this goes out on Friday.

- If there is a deal or not depends on the amount of wages Aniers Motherwell are willing to cover while Estonian is on loan, writes Express.

Monday said Viking coach Kjell Jonevret following the RA about Aniers situation:

- Henri wants to play football at Viking, he might have had tough competition at forward position, said Jonevret.

According altomfotball.no have Estonian (22) only scored one poor goal in the Premier League so far in his Viking career. He signed the Stavanger club in December 2011.

Looks like Anier's coming till January.

Quite interesting that one or two on here are putting Vigurs in the hole and sticking Faddy out wide on the right.

There's no way Faddy should be used to fill a space in the team. He's the best player in the whole league. He goes where he can be the central figurehead and then the other 10 players are fitted around him, surely?

For me we don't really have another option at right midfield at the moment, but it's not just necessity, McFadden, if I remember correctly, had one of his best games last season playing in that position. I think he can play as well there as anywhere else.

Also I'd say it can be wiser to having McFadden coming in from wider or deeper positions. If you make him the central figurehead you make him more of a target to be nullified. It gives him a wee bit more space to get on the ball.

Do the club still have the must sell at least one player every year policy? If so, since Ojamaa is now gone surely we can now be a bit more prudish with regards to any possible offers that we might receive this season?

That's a nice wee positive. I love you McFadden!

Do the club still have the must sell at least one player every year policy? If so, since Ojamaa is now gone surely we can now be a bit more prudish with regards to any possible offers that we might receive this season?

Basically yes, although we've fallen a bit behind on that so while selling Henrik will have helped, I'm not sure we're 100% back on track. But with the number of high-ish wages we must've freed up over the summer too (albeit then replacing some of them), and the prize money for finishing 2nd last season, I'd guess we're in reasonably good shape this year so far.

Anyone take Brian McLean back at Fir Park.

Big fella has been pretty consistent for years.

Liked him first time around, but wouldn't have thought that's really where we need to be adding to the squad right now.

Anyone take Brian McLean back at Fir Park.

Big fella has been pretty consistent for years.

Dundee Utd fan at work said him leaving today was best bit of transfer business they have done all summer. Tells you all you need to know!

Is tomorrow the signing deadline for next week's game? Is Amier confirmed yet? Must confess, I'd rather have a winger in than another striker. Looking at what we have at the moment, I'd be going with

Nielsen

Ramsden Hutchinson McManus Hammell

Lasley/Lawson Carswell

McFadden Vigurs Angol

Sutton

Don't know whether I'd go with Lasley or Lawson but reckon we need Carswell's mobility.

Have put Vigurs in the hole behind Sutton but a wackier idea did occur to me. Against Flamurtari at home, we played Sutton in the hole with Murphy ahead of him. Seem to recall him winning a lot of flick ons for Murphy to run on to. Not likely but an alternative...

Not unhappy with that lineup but not much width on the bench...

kenny black in the sun saying this will be our last signing.

It'll be a poor reflection on mccall as a manager if we don't sign a winger.

Aye very good.

Wingers don't grow on trees. Until we signed Humph we hadn't played with a winger for years.

But aye. McCall should be ashamed of himself for only signing McFadden, Sutton, Lawson, Vigurs, Kerr, Nielsen, McManus.

If Anier is our last signing that's a bit gutting, take away ZFA and we've gone from 1 of the fastest & most exciting forward lines in years to the slowest and least mobile in years. I'm praying for no injuries to Faddy and Sutton or it could be a long year ahead

If Anier is our last signing that's a bit gutting, take away ZFA and we've gone from 1 of the fastest & most exciting forward lines in years to the slowest and least mobile in years. I'm praying for no injuries to Faddy and Sutton or it could be a long year ahead

it also means that we haven't signed anyone with the potential to develop and sell on.

Four guys in their second spell at the club and two who want to live in the area for family reasons. We need to be casting the net a bit wider.