2013 - 2014 Ins & Outs

Mad Dog

This has always been something that really confuses me about certain football fans. For anyone who gives any of our players dogs abuse, do you honestly believe it'll make him play better or improve the situation? I'd be interested to know if you actually think that such behaviour benefits the team?

I can understand getting frustrated when a player isn't having the best of games, I've been there myself in the past, but I simply don't understand why anyone would verbally abuse someone who's playing for their team.

Well said.

But given we had this argument about Hately and Higdon last season and Mark Fitzpatrick before them its clear that the issue will never go away.

Some folks just need a scapegoat. Hollis is this years target.

Id personally rather have Gunnar in but Hollis will have my support for as long as he has the jersey.

Haven't heard Hollis getting much abuse but his presence naturally unnerves the crowd. It will take a few storming performances to turn that around.

He got plenty around me at the Newcastle game well before his howler and there were still dissenting voices on Thursday night although it was mostly drowned out by the POSITIVE support emanating from the Bois.

PS I agree. If he can do a Higdon the boo boys will soon shut up.

It's getting boring now.

Well you have the security of knowing that you've at least a similar standard of goalkeeper waiting in the wings and it won't be a laddie thrown in at the deep end if Hollis gets injured and the fact they are of a similar standard will ensure competition for the place which should ensure the current incumbent is kept fully on his toes. There's two reasons for a start.

He wouldn't have been my first choice admittedly but McCall's made he's decision. There's fuck all we can do about that other than make the very most of it which in this case is try to give the guy as much vocal backing as possible in the hope it boosts his confidence and game. Which let's face he should be getting as a given whether its Randolph. Hollis or Sieb fucking Dyskstra between the sticks.

Maybe the bois should make a song for Hollis that would surely lift his confidence levels. Must be pretty dispiriting running out to play knowing a section of the support don't want you there.

Apologies if the bois have already made a song for him.

• Like 2

Talking of songs, Henri Anier's new song is a belter!

Stuart's Carswells is shite.

Couple of seasons ago at East End Park, "songs for Stuart Carswell...oh we've no songs for Stuart Carswell" is still the funniest thing i've ever heard at a match

the express at the weekend said we are interested in getting Dylan McGeouch on loan from celtic, from what I've seen of him in the Scotland u21's he seems like he could be a good edition to the right wing vacancy, don't know why celtic would be willing to loan him out to a major rival though!

All this nonsense with Hatelely is utter unfair. He was a regular for 4 seasons, rarely missed games and was consistant in his role of RB, when he preferred midfield.

It is no-way clear why he left, but the contract situation with all 6 players leaving should have been sorted, hes getting picked on as he is left with nothing. Was he wanting a higher salary - deserved IMO or to play in midfield?

Would i take him back at the club? Experienced SPL and Europa Experience, consistant? YES!

It is no-way clear why he left, but the contract situation with all 6 players leaving should have been sorted, hes getting picked on as he is left with nothing. Was he wanting a higher salary - deserved IMO or to play in midfield?

If the rumours are true regarding him being one of the highest earners at the club (and that's a big if, I know) then no way was a higher salary deserved when we're cutting costs. A solid, dependable right back, he may have been, he doesn't (and didn't) merit being one of the highest earners at the club...

• Like 1

After watching yesterday's game, even though it was a bit on the boring/slow side and looking at the current squad, I'm actually tempted to come back and start attending the games again.

There's nothing quite like reigniting a previous romance.

• Like 1

I'm firmly in then same camp as those who have posted positive comments concerning Tom Hateley. The guy rarely missed a game for us and was a consistently reliable player and a great asset to the team.

I just cannot understand those who have had a go at the lad because it most certainly is not from a footballing perspective. If McCall wanted him back then I would certainly be very happy to have him back. If he doesn't then I'm fine with that too.

I wonder who the boo boys are setting their sights on next?