2013 - 2014 Ins & Outs

Mad Dog

Calm doon, he contributed as many goals and assists last year as Omar Daley despite spending more time on the pitch than big Omar.

Lots of skill, little end product was what I remember from Higginbotham, Hibs goal aside. Always showed good feet and got into good areas but rarely delivered a telling final ball.

Maybe I'm being a bit harsh given his limited appearances for us but I personally wouldn't be desperate to have him back. Decent enough player maybe, not we need at this moment in time.

If we had signed Higginbotham on a 2 year deal I'd have rated that as one of our best signings of the summer.

Boy has bags of talent, just needs time to establish himself in his preferred role behind a striker. I think he would have been an indirect replacement for Ojamaa.

Not to worry, we have Lasley and 2 fullbacks supporting Anier tonight.

Calm doon, he contributed as many goals and assists last year as Omar Daley despite spending more time on the pitch than big Omar.

Lots of skill, little end product was what I remember from Higginbotham, Hibs goal aside. Always showed good feet and got into good areas but rarely delivered a telling final ball.

Maybe I'm being a bit harsh given his limited appearances for us but I personally wouldn't be desperate to have him back. Decent enough player maybe, not we need at this moment in time.

Agree with all of this especially the bit in bold. He was actually worse than Humphrey for it.

If we had signed Higginbotham on a 2 year deal I'd have rated that as one of our best signings of the summer.

Boy has bags of talent, just needs time to establish himself in his preferred role behind a striker. I think he would have been an indirect replacement for Ojamaa.

To be honest, I reckon if McCall manages to acquire the winger he's looking for I suspect we'll see McFadden playing behind the main striker.

But I do agree Higginbotham would have been a good signing. Reading his interview on the Thistle website though he mentions "playing regularly" several times. Maybe figured he wasn't guaranteed that with us. If we were even interested...

Higginbotham would've been a great signing for us. I'm absolutely spewing that he has went to Thistle of all clubs!!

Maybe McCall didn't want him back? But we are crying out for a winger and the fact that he's gone to Thistle shows he most certainly wasn't beyond our reaches.

Really disappointing.

I guess we will have to wait and see.

Higginbotham on a permanent deal would've been a massive signing for us this summer. In fact I didn't actually think it was a possibility as I thought he was quality and out with our reach...then he ends up at Thistle on a permanent deal!!

Maybe we would have signed higgy if we hadnt already signed the guy who kept him out of the team last season. I didn't see much of him other than that one goal, so I don't know what the fuss is about. Partick will finish in the bottom half.