2013 - 2014 Ins & Outs

Mad Dog

Kovacevic :lol:

Literally any player released from any other team: COULD DO A JOB.

I think we should sign some goalie from out of left field from a team in the Skrill Premier or something.

Cost less and probably more likely to find a gem.

Reckon you're onto something original here, but you best take this post down, otherwise other clubs might also do this.

Performance is far more important than size.... ^_^

I mentioned in the Celtic thread that I felt a lot of outside circumstances aligned to make his perception among our fans particularly rosey.

So I'll summarize:

* We had an under performing team off the back of two horrible results

* He came in at a time of need

* We had a successful run, best in 77 years apparently

* Mostly against bottom 6 teams

* This turnaround was no doubt off the back of some serious soul searching, arse kicking and return to form

I think he would be a welcome addition to the squad at present as Nielsen hasn't impressed me, I felt Hollis did OK but has a PR mission to convince some of our fans otherwise. To get him while he's under contract (granted as a third keeper) we're probably in a position of maybe doing a swap for him, anyone happy to welcome him in if Scouse goes the other way permanently? Because I reckon that is what we'd have to do to secure him.

I thought Kello signed for the rest of the season at St. Mirren.

he did

thats why i said "end of season replacement" - meaning when his contract was up

it looks like dan may come back in, and i think that gives us time to suss him out more - although i was more impressed from what i have seen of him, than what i have seen of Nielsen and Hollis

with GK contracts due to expire in the summer - i was thinking that is someone who has experience and has already impressed at this level

The boy doesnt command his box - I've said it before and I'll say it again, he done us a great turn when he was here but as Goggles and Flippers has said, circumstances were very much in his favour. I wouldnt be happy if he was our long-term goalkeeper.

Hope you have your tin hat ready fella, too many people can't see beyond the nose on the end of their face, I trust the management team are not so short sighted and are on the case looking at Goalkeepers for next season.

Who knows how Lee Hollis will be after his operation and if he gets a run of games?

Who knows how Lee Hollis will be after his operation and if he gets a run of games?

He's certainly nowhere near the level of Twardzik.

Despite his diminutive figure, he carries far more presence than Hollis/Neilson and instantly built up an understanding with his defence, something that Hollis/Neilson have yet to manage.

I generally like a keeper to command his box but he's done enough to get a chance between now and end of season.

Regarding Kello, I was surprised to see St Mirren hang on to him. One of the best keepers in the league.

So, just to be clear, after less than fifteen games each to judge their abilities, Hollis and Neilsen can get to fuck but we should give Twardzik the rest of the season to prove himself (but only if he can grow an extra ten inches)?

• Like 1

Sure you're not overly influencing that opinion based on the run of results we had when he was here?

Also, from what I've seen so far this season, I don't think its fair to group Hollis and Gunnar together as being much of a muchness, Hollis for me did have much more about him, but granted quite a bit less than what we've been used to.

I'll reiterate, the only way we'll get a player under contract is if we swop someone we don't value and they do. It's evident that the trade off for his emergency loan was "you give us him for a month and we'll sling you Bob and Cummins", only the rules prevented that from happening.