2013 - 2014 Ins & Outs

Mad Dog

This is pish, frankly. We've got a youthful team and even if we do have older players, like lasley, hammell and higdon, why would we drop them this season? Who from the youth teams has ever shown that they've got what it takes after leaving us? Are they setting the heather alight and proving McCall wrong?

Lawless might've been an option, but he needed games. How many has Daley had this season? Would he have dislodged Law, Ojamaa or Murphy? Doubtful.

We've got a youthful team because the budget was slashed, not because McCall is a youth orientated coach.

You don't have to drop first team players to give young players a chance.

Daley had 16 outings this season, 16 outings that could have been given to a young player(s) who will still be here next season and might actually go on to be a cash asset for us at some point in the future.

Steven Lawless scored 13 goals for a First division Championship winning team, does that count as proving McCall wrong?

Also the whole 'If they didn't do anything else where, they wouldn't have done it for us' argument is fallacious.

If that was the case some of our best ever players, who didn't do anything at other clubs or came with not very impressive records, wouldn't have been the great players they were for us.

• Like 1

McCall said pre-match that Hateley and Humphrey had picked up knocks in training this week and failed a fitness test.

So not necessarily a sign that both are off.

However reading the Funday Nail today it would be safe to assume Hateley could be a way. Have a feeling that'll be playing 2nd Division football especially when his Dad and Trevor Steven are dealing with his contract offers.

To be fair though he did state that he'd miss the club as past players have said that our changing room atmosphere was the best they've had since leaving. So there may be a wee niggle of doubt on leaving.

I would like to see Hateley stay with the Well. I think he has had a good season, with a wee blip in the middle. He has performed well in the last dozen or so games.

However...........

He was brought up at Ibrox and his dad and agent are blue noses, so if I was a betting man I reckon he may just end up at Castle Greyskull next season. I mean let's be honest were Rangers still in the SPL amd solvent then there is no way Hateley would get in their 1st team. So if anything this debacle may see him fulfil a childhood dream.

That and he would at least double his wages

I would like to see Hateley stay with the Well. I think he has had a good season, with a wee blip in the middle. He has performed well in the last dozen or so games.

However...........

He was brought up at Ibrox and his dad and agent are blue noses

His agent ain't....Trev's off to Dubai & they have been looking at other agents.

Am resigned to the fact that Humphrey will not be at the club next season.

Would bet money he will sign for an English Championship side

He certainly has his detractors but I think he will be massive loss to the team.

No way we will find anyone with his kind of pace to replace him.

Am resigned to the fact that Humphrey will not be at the club next season.

Would bet money he will sign for an English Championship side

He certainly has his detractors but I think he will be massive loss to the team.

No way we will find anyone with his kind of pace to replace him.

I think we'll miss his pace and work rate. For a winger, he does a good job of tracking back.

He's vastly improved from when he first arrived. He's learned to use his pace better and he doesn't panic as much now when he gets to the final third.

From a point of view of spectacle, probably miss him more than any other player. Really could sense the excitement at Fir Park when he was in full flight...

Such a frustrating player. A huge threat on his day, and probably one of our biggest assets when he's been in the mood, but doesn't half make you tear your hair out!

Will be sad to see him leave as I think he offers something genuinely unique in the SPL, not many others with that level of pace.

Good to see that the rumours of signings are developing nicely. I'd imagine the goalie will either be Cisak or McGovern, and as long as the striker isn't Tade then I don't really mind!