2013 - 2014 Ins & Outs

Mad Dog

i'm just giving my opinion. he has played a few great games, some average ones and and a few awful ones. i honestly don't think he has done enough to get clubs down south interested considering his age and injury record, what would scouts have thought on sunday?

if he signs for us and repeats the form he has shown already i'll be happy enough as i said before he is still capable of being a match winner on a regular basis in this league.

Got to agree with this. Faddy has been great signing however I don't think he's playing at full potential and hasn't been consistent enough to get the interest of level of club I imagine he will want to go to.

I don't doubt however that he'll have other offers this window, but they just won't be to the type of clubs he wants to go to. I think it would make more sense for him to get another 4 or 5 months of competitive football with us; a familiar team; at full fitness, get the consistency right up. Come the winter transfer window, if all goes to plan, he'll be playing at his peak and we all know that means he'll get the move to the a much higher level.

Just out of interest, if we got a fee for Ojamaa, what would folk think of spending a bit of it on getting Griffiths?

Unlikely, of course, and he is undoubtedly a bit of a bam... But still.

cannae believe some folk are second guessing the one guy who has never ever, not done the right thing by Motherwell Football club

staggering

he came in from a cold start and scored what 5 in 8 starts?

lifted a few around him to a new peak

spent hours on end, giving the next generation photo op's

we've offered him a deal, jeebus, its fantasy stuff but some want to talk him down and make out we shouldnt even make the attempt

thank fuk its the close season this place is mental

• Like 4

It's just typical of supporting this team that those in form hit the headlines due to their form as their contracts run out, it woulda been nice if Higgy lit the heather alight the season before last when in mid contract. Only one that surprised me was Randolph not going in the last 2 windows (he made SPL team of the year last year too) and I can't imagine he wasn't on a few radars.

Looking back over 20 years the last players we cashed in on in any way were Tom Boyd (1.06m) POD (2.33m), Steve McMillan (704k), Lee McCulloch (880k), Pearo (462k), Faddy (1.45m), Jim Patterson (528k), Skippy (836k) Chris Porter (528k) and Clarky (836k). Of course these are the headline figures that are published not every transfer will be or take into account add ons such as future transfers or appearance money. Think of all the other quality players who left on a free or for buttons.

Football finances have changed in that period, as has the general standard south of the border as money has trickled down. The most highly rated Well player back in the day would be expected to sign for a Premiership or Championship club at least. But we also had a national team that went to World Cup's and had 8,500 to 9,000 at FP every fortnight.

Just out of interest, if we got a fee for Ojamaa, what would folk think of spending a bit of it on getting Griffiths?

Unlikely, of course, and he is undoubtedly a bit of a bam... But still.

Spending a bit of it? We'd have to add to it substantially!!

Re Faddy - 5 goals in 8 starts and that's out wide.

I know Stuart McCall loves the 4-4-1-1 formation we play and it served us well but .... Imagine the damage a front three of Higgy up front and Faddy and Ojamma just off of him would have done!!

Get him signed up.

People are saying on Facebook that Harry Kewell is talking to a number of clubs in the SPL and league 1 in England . Is he maybe joining us?

Hope not.

Harry is past his best and he would be in the treatment room more often than on the field.

I don't think he would pull in the punters to Fir Park.

Spending a bit of it? We'd have to add to it substantially!!

It was a bit fanciful, I guess, but it seemed to be down to Wolves wanting a couple of hundred thousand for him. If someone offered, I dunno, £300k for Ojamaa (Like I said, possibly fanciful), worth a punt?

I can see where steelboy is coming from...

As much as I love faddy, I think Motherwell need to make their best offer and get him signed, or move on! We can't hang around until the end of August while he whores himself around looking for a better offer.

Not to say that will happen, but I can see where steelboy is coming from.

Although he's done enough to satisfy us he's still got it, has he done enough to persuade a decent English side? I kind of hope not, so that we can keep him, 4 year deal!!

:lol:

I don't have a problem with that either. I think contracts should be on the table for a month maximum and if you don't sign by then cheerio and the best of luck.

We can't afford to hang around waiting on players to make their mind up, especially this season where we need to bring a fair few players and we could also be in the Europa League at an early stage.

Blades in for McCall ....just as gilmour said

http://www.thescotti...Call-swoop.html

SHEFFIELD UNITED last night made their move for Stuart McCall.

SunSport understands the Blades contacted Motherwell for permission to speak to the boss.

Bramall Lane chiefs targeted the Fir Park gaffer as a replacement for the axed Danny Wilson.

Yesterday’s dramatic late afternoon approach saw Well chief executive Leeann Dempster preparing to contact other members of the club’s board.

Dempster was also attempting to get in touch with McCall, who had jetted to Benidorm yesterday morning with the rest of the squad for an end-of-season holiday.

She claimed last week the club were resigned to offers flooding in for their in-demand manager.

This season McCall steered the club to second spot in the SPL with a record top flight points total and was named Clydesdale Bank Manager of the Year this season.

But that was just the latest in a long line of successes since he took over from Craig Brown in 2010.

McCall, 48, penned a new two-year deal less than two months ago meaning Well WILL be able to get compensation.

But he doesn’t return from Spain until Thursday so if permission is granted it’s unlikely talks will take place before the end of the week at the earliest.

Caretaker boss and the former Blades defender Chris Morgan had been a candidate for the job after steering the side into the League One play-offs only to lose in the semis.

But it’s thought the only rival to McCall — also a Scotland coach under Gordon Strachan — is MK Dons manager Karl Robinson, who is the other name listed on the Bramall Lane board’s two-man shortlist.

McCall had three years as a player with the Steel City side before becoming Neil Warnock’s assistant.

He helped mastermind the club’s promotion to the Premier League in 2006 but left in 2007 when Warnock was axed.

Not sure if it means he will definitely be going to Sheff Utd.

If he does move does it mean he will have to give up his role with Scotland?

Don't know how much that job pays but combined with his salary from us he's probably earning decent money.

If he's settled here in his personal life, it'll take a very lucrative offer to prise him away.

Or maybe I'm just being very hopeful...........

Hopefully this gets concluded one way or the other as soon as possible, this is not a good time of year to have managerial uncertainty with players mulling over contract extensions, a diminished squad and a probable early start to next season.

I wonder if McCall did leave, would Paul Hartley be a contender?

Never liked Hartley as a player but really impressed by him as a manager so far. Very successful 2 years,plays open attacking football,new fitness and training ideas. Wouldn't mind him at all if McCall goes

Never liked Hartley as a player but really impressed by him as a manager so far. Very successful 2 years,plays open attacking football,new fitness and training ideas. Wouldn't mind him at all if McCall goes

His new fitness and training ideas will be stuff he's picked up as a player at SPL level and applying them to footballers who were training part-time. I would doubt its anything revolutionary that isn't being applied elsewhere in Scotland.

In the past our board have sought someone out with a good knowledge of English lower leagues which have been fruitful for us and I see know reason why we'd want to change that approach so that would probably rule Hartley out.