2013 - 2014 Ins & Outs

Mad Dog

Ambition - I'd ask myself, how will the rest of the division do next year? Will our competitors lose a number of their key players too? If so, then what are our chances of attaining top 6 again? Will that raise my stock both here and down south further? Will staying in Scotland cement my standing or do I see myself settling in an environment that everyone seems to say is a pleasure to be involved in? Do I harbour ambitions of managing at the very top level, would staying put for another few years help with that or not?

Is the grass really greener at Sheffield Utd? I wasn't given a baptism of fire at Motherwell, there was a strong core of players, covering a wide age range with a high morale level. Will I enter a similar situation of have to take two steps back (resulting in criticism from the impatient) to go one forward? I'd probably have a rebuild here too granted with greater resources.

Do I want to put my family through another move and upheaval to potentially be cut adrift in 6-12 months time if it doesn't go to plan? If so, would my stock recover (McGhee?), if so, how long will it take and will I get back into a working environment like Motherwell? Will I have burned my bridges?

Are you on here looking for advice Mr McCall??

Very few players signing for us would make me have second thoughts about renewing my season ticket. Kris Boyd would be number one on a very short list.

I suspect that it's rubbish at the moment. Without knowing who'll be our manager, signings will be on hold. But if Kilmarnock don't want him and we lose Higdon, I can see why it might be a move that we'd consider. Unfortunately...

Totally disagree with the opinions on kris boyd, although don't doubt I wont be popular in saying this.

One of the top scorers ever in Spl

Higdon was regarded as lazy, similar to Boyd but with the correct supply both know where the goals are.

The only thing is hopefully we will have the supply next season that Higdon benefited from.

I remember him at Ibrox scoring a couple of real good goals against us - he definitely has the quality from distance as well.

Why would you give up your season ticket for a guy with a proven track record?

If it's the Rangers thing - then em Bob Malcolm played for us.

If it's the Rangers thing - then em Bob Malcolm played for us.

I said at the time that Bob Malcolm shouldn't be allowed anywhere near Fir Park, and it's nothing to do with the Rangers thing.

Like weeyin, nothing to do with "the Rangers thing". I find Boyd an obnoxious character. Team spirit seems to be good at Fir Park so why bring in a bad apple?

Every time I saw him at Fir Park, he would miss about three one on ones with the keeper. Aye, he'd usually score one but he'd have missed a good few.

Scoring goals for Rangers or Celtic in the SPL is no real achievement. If you really want to know what Walter Smith thought of him, he picked Sebo ahead of him for Smith's first Old Firm game when he came back. And rarely picked Boyd in Europe.

Boyd is fine if you're going to be dominating games and creating loads of chances. Don't think we'll be as likely to do that next season...

Just seems quite a radical thing to think about giving up your season ticket - based upon a guy who is one of the all time leading SPL goalscorers.

I think he'd create more problems than he'd solve on the park. His behaviour with Scotland, undermining of Le Guen, loathsome behaviour. I take my young son to the football. Wouldn't want him idolising someone like that...

I think he'd create more problems than he'd solve on the park. His behaviour with Scotland, undermining of Le Guen, loathsome behaviour. I take my young son to the football. Wouldn't want him idolising someone like that...

True that, I take your point, forgot about the Scotland thing.

Maybe, and you can only hope, that he has matured a bit now.

He's always struck me as someone who just could not be arsed, pure and simply. Knew exactly where the goal was, which was fine at a team like Rangers where he had a consistently good supply. As Melvin says, I don't think we're going to be blessed with such flair next season.

I'd much rather bring on someone like Moore, or make a cheeky bid for someone like Stevie May than take on someone like Boyd, no matter what they've done in the past. Team spirit seems to be one of the major factors behind our success over the past few years, and the likes of Boyd just don't strike me as fitting into that.

Like weeyin, nothing to do with "the Rangers thing". I find Boyd an obnoxious character. Team spirit seems to be good at Fir Park so why bring in a bad apple?

Every time I saw him at Fir Park, he would miss about three one on ones with the keeper. Aye, he'd usually score one but he'd have missed a good few.

Scoring goals for Rangers or Celtic in the SPL is no real achievement. If you really want to know what Walter Smith thought of him, he picked Sebo ahead of him for Smith's first Old Firm game when he came back. And rarely picked Boyd in Europe.

Boyd is fine if you're going to be dominating games and creating loads of chances. Don't think we'll be as likely to do that next season...

What about the 63 goals he scored in a 153 games with a Killie team that were no great shakes ????:whistling:

• Like 1

Very few players signing for us would make me have second thoughts about renewing my season ticket. Kris Boyd would be number one on a very short list.

I suspect that it's rubbish at the moment. Without knowing who'll be our manager, signings will be on hold. But if Kilmarnock don't want him and we lose Higdon, I can see why it might be a move that we'd consider. Unfortunately...

From Express

Think this could well be bullshit to be honest!

EXCLUSIVE: Rangers move for Motherwell's Chris Humphrey

RANGERS boss Ally McCoist has opened talks with out-of-contract Motherwell star Chris Humphrey.

McCoist held discussions with the winger's agent earlier this week and plans to make an offer.

The Ibrox outfit, who have also offered a deal to his Motherwell team-mate Nicky Law, face stiff competition for the Jamaican internationalist's signature from Preston, while he also has an offer on the table at Fir Park.

The 25-year-old is currently considering his options and has been told to expect further offers from the English Championship and League One.

Rangers are prepared to offer a three-year-contract.

Rangers have been linked with every out of contract player in the world.

At the press offices they sit with a big tombola with every out of contract player in it and at 1600 every day they spin it and draw out a name. They then write an article free of quotes or with the phrase "our sources tell us......" This will fill their paper up a wee bit in the hope that it will keep their knuckle dragging readership coming back for more the next day to see if there is any development.

Stay tuned for the next name tomorrow.

• Like 2

Law has signed pre-contract with Sevco, signs on 1st september. Step down Nicky, way better than that trash. Money talks sadly.