2013 - 2014 Ins & Outs

Mad Dog

Law said he had other offers from down South.

The main thing about his decision for me is the complete lack of self-confidence in his own ability. If he moved to the Championship (where he would be more than capable of playing), 1 decent season could mean Premiership clubs come calling or the club he's with gets promoted to the Premiership, then its big money. With Rangers, he'll never earn more than what he's been offered now.

Good luck to Nicky Law , it was obvious money was going to be a big factor in his decision where he was going to end up, and unfortunately to the disappointment of a lot our fans he has move to Govan and possibly trebled/quadrupled his wages.

Personally I don't see the big problem, having in my lifetime,seen far better players leave Fir Park for the Bigot Brothers to make more money and further their career for money/fame/trophies etc etc.

I think SMcC has put a lot of "ideas" into his head about , the club I think he would die to return to :whistling:

Serious lack of ambition but can't really blame the guy. Money talks as they say.

Time to move on he's just another on a long list to have left us for one of the Ugly sisters.

I appreciate that money talks but look at Sutton, left for much more money & went a few months without all his wages. If stories that are doing the rounds have even half an element if truth to them, sevco will be in a similar position, wages being late or unpaid. The money may look good but unlike England, players have no guarantee about payments.

:tumbleweed: FFS move on...He is a Rangers/Sevco player now....He gave us two good years, he has signed for another club as many have before and will in the future, get over it.

Doesn't bother me that he went there. Don't care where good players go when they leave Motherwell as long as it's not to rival teams in our division.

• Like 1

Must confess that although I understand Law's decision, it'll annoy me more if Humphrey signs for them. Law was only here two seasons and I think we all knew two seasons was all he'd be here so I never got that attached to him.

Humphrey, on the other hand, has been with us for four seasons (or three managers to put in Motherwell terms) and I've kind of got used to having him around, he's one of my favourite players to watch. Having a seat at the Cooper end of the East Stand, you got used to looking forward to his tearing up and down the wing in the second half of games. That and the immediate removal of shinpads at full time. It'll be an abiding image of him for me, applauding the East Stand with said shinnies under his arms...

• Like 1

Must confess that although I understand Law's decision, it'll annoy me more if Humphrey signs for them. Law was only here two seasons and I think we all knew two seasons was all he'd be here so I never got that attached to him.

Humphrey, on the other hand, has been with us for four seasons (or three managers to put in Motherwell terms) and I've kind of got used to having him around, he's one of my favourite players to watch. Having a seat at the Cooper end of the East Stand, you got used to looking forward to his tearing up and down the wing in the second half of games. That and the immediate removal of shinpads at full time. It'll be an abiding image of him for me, applauding the East Stand with said shinnies under his arms...

Law is the better player, so his decision rankles more. As has been said, he could easily play championship level in England , which makes it even harder to accept :(

Law is the better player, so his decision rankles more. As has been said, he could easily play championship level in England , which makes it even harder to accept :(

Doesn't rankle more for me. Humphrey feels more like one of "ours" as we've seen him develop and improve over the years. That's why it'll disappoint me more...

• Like 2

Doesn't bother me that he went there. Don't care where good players go when they leave Motherwell as long as it's not to rival teams in our division.

Some people can't get over their own dislike of Rangers. I don't especially like them myself but if you can't see a move to Rangers is a great move for Nicky Law from a professional point of view, not just the money but a rounded package, then you are letting our own bias bend reality.

I gave a whole list of reasons why Nicky Law would sign for Rangers in a flash but I'll repeat one of them because it's a harsh reality that Motherwell supporters need to take in.

If Nicky Law wants to play in the Championship, he will attract more interest and get better offers playing with Rangers in whatever division than he will playing for Motherwell in the SPL. You might not like it, I might not like it but it's a fact.

Let's show a bit of class instead of attacking the guy on Twitter, coming away with guff like "he'll regret this move" when he's just won a watch and all the general animosities and grumbling. The sooner people show cool indifference to the OF the better.

He did a great job for us, I thank him for the memories, wish him luck in his career away from Fir Park where ever it takes him and give him a friendly wave.

Some people can't get over their own dislike of Rangers. I don't especially like them myself but if you can't see a move to Rangers is a great move for Nicky Law from a professional point of view, not just the money but a rounded package, then you are letting our own bias bend reality.

I gave a whole list of reasons why Nicky Law would sign for Rangers in a flash but I'll repeat one of them because it's a harsh reality that Motherwell supporters need to take in.

If Nicky Law wants to play in the Championship, he will attract more interest and get better offers playing with Rangers in whatever division than he will playing for Motherwell in the SPL. You might not like it, I might not like it but it's a fact.

Let's show a bit of class instead of attacking the guy on Twitter, coming away with guff like "he'll regret this move" when he's just won a watch and all the general animosities and grumbling. The sooner people show cool indifference to the OF the better.

He did a great job for us, I thank him for the memories, wish him luck in his career away from Fir Park where ever it takes him and give him a friendly wave.

That would be true if they were playing SPL football. However, in the lower tiers, it will be difficult for the 'big' clubs to assess how good he really is. If he played well for Motherwell in the Europa league....well that's a different story.

You got stats to back that up? I bet on average a small club in the SPL has sold more players to the Championship and the Premiership over the last 5 years than Rangers have, and that was while in the SPL....

You got stats to back that up? I bet on average a small club in the SPL has sold more players to the Championship and the Premiership over the last 5 years than Rangers have, and that was while in the SPL....

Apart from Motherwell

tbf if Rangers were in the SPL it would annoy me less. As that would be a step up in football terms, but heh ho, if he thinks the Ibrox "faithful" are going to be happy with the players that got them out of Division 2 being the same players that play for them in the SPL he's got a rude awakening coming!

Agree with the point about Twitter but the rest is a lot of pish.