2013 - 2014 Ins & Outs

Mad Dog

I thought a players salary and remaining time on contract were generally indicators of a players transfer value?

Obviously there's not a formula as such, but to say that a player contracted for another 50 weeks @ £2000 pw is worth more than 400k seems a stretch!

If we paid better wages or tied players up on longer contracts (I'm not suggesting we should) we possibly would command higher fees?

There's no way he's on £2000 p/w anyway!! Half that and you might be close!!

If a player is offered an uplift in salary and security of an extra year, surely they have to consider...all too easy to pick up a career hampering injury. Plus point as well for the player could be that any suitors during contract term are going to be bigger & better teams who can pay transfer fees.

Motherwell aren't just a selling club anymore, we are 'Any money we can possibly raise just to survive club'.

Anyone that thinks we can afford to turn down £200,000, £300,000 or £400,000 bids is off their rocker.

Ojamaa is a good player but we've lost better players already this close season for nothing.

not sure if this has been posted before, apologies if it has, if Higdon does decide to go elsewhere then Lee Miller is out of contract with Carlise. Stays local and i'm sure would be happy to stay local for the sake of his boys. He's only 30 and still has a lot to offer

not sure if this has been posted before, apologies if it has, if Higdon does decide to go elsewhere then Lee Miller is out of contract with Carlise. Stays local and i'm sure would be happy to stay local for the sake of his boys. He's only 30 and still has a lot to offer

Grandson of former MFC Director and his dad played in Dalziel High's Scottish Cup winning team, and is a Well fan.

Pretty sure we'll have pursued replacements for Higdon.

Would find it a bit strange if Miller wasn't on our radar.

Maybe we have other targets. Or maybe we're getting signals that Higdon will stay and are focussing our efforts on replacing Law, Humphrey and Hateley who have left or seem more likely to leave.

Certainly seems to be the case with the names we're hearing through rumours...

Grandson of former MFC Director and his dad played in Dalziel High's Scottish Cup winning team, and is a Well fan.

Was his nickname "Measels? That would be the team with Pettigrew in it? I think 10 out of the 11 guys were all signed up on S forms and Wilson Humphries was the coach.

Family History quote 131: Alex McLeish was jockeying his mother when she was head of sports North Lanarkshire or its equivalent. No need for allegedly either :nod: