2013 - 2014 Ins & Outs

Mad Dog

rejected the offer for ojamaa! :popcorn:

Good news and also a good move. If we are aware there are English clubs looking at Ojamma, its important not to raise our skirt for the first offer that comes in. As soon as we accept one offer, that will be the price he goes at - even if its not to Poland.

IMO, if we do get Higgy to sign on again then its important to keep hold of Ojamma. Its no coincidence that Higgy started scoring goals for fun when the sherrif arrived.

Judging by the following it suggests Henrik will not be a Motherwell player come the Europa League ties:

Ojamaa's agent, Jonne Lindblom, told BBC Scotland that Poznan will continue their pursuit of his client.

"Lech Poznan are still really keen on Henrik and they are likely to come back with an improved offer," he said.

"Ojamaa is attracting interest from all around Europe and even from MLS but at the moment Lech Poznan is the only concrete offer.

"Henrik is happy at Motherwell but if a right club comes with a right offer he is ready to take the next step in his career."

That's fair enough. Henrik moving on for decent-ish dosh is disheartening but decent business.

Law, Randolph, Humphrey & Higdon leaving for heehaw is a failure in our business model. not that we can do much about not receiving decent offers - but it's just not what we intended to happen when we signed em.

That's fair enough. Henrik moving on for decent-ish dosh is disheartening but decent business.

Law, Randolph, Humphrey & Higdon leaving for heehaw is a failure in our business model. not that we can do much about not receiving decent offers - but it's just not what we intended to happen when we signed em.

So can he transfer to foreign club any time or stil lonly during transfer windows? I can see us wantint to take a decent and reasonable offer but I would want to keep him for the european games before accepting any offers. Maybe a few sterling european performances might drive up his value and attaract some richer suitors?

Think a Well fan has been on the drink before going on football-rumours tonight. So far I've seen....Faddy to sign 12 month deal plus we bring in 5 new players.Clarkson, Pearson and Kenneth also linked!

Imrie released by St Midden. Please God no

If we were going for a left sided player released by St. Mirren I'd rather take Graham Carey. That said, I don't know if either would be a fanstastic signing.

If we were going for a left sided player released by St. Mirren I'd rather take Graham Carey. That said, I don't know if either would be a fanstastic signing.

Sorry, can't be excited about a guy that's released by St mirren, a team that finished 11th in the SPL.

Sorry, can't be excited about a guy that's released by St mirren, a team that finished 11th in the SPL.

Can't decide if your just being ignorant or I'm being whooshed?

Who was the last guy we signed from a team from Paisley who finished 11th in the SPL?

Nb: past success is no reflection on potential of new signings but would surely at least deter the stigma of who a player is signing from, jeez we've signed a few players who had no club, that aren't supposedly good enough to be pro players

Clarkson won't come back, Pearson is still featuring for his club down South. Only realistic one is Kenneth and "no, thanks" to that one..

I'd rather play with 10 men than having Clarkson back. Still cant not believe the hype about Clarkson going down South and he would score plenty of goals.

Before his injury he was exactly a great goalscorer. Yes, the injury didnt give him playing time, yet I highly doubt it would have made a difference.

This season he played 26 games and scored 6 and he had some decent playing time.

Then again, it was only a rumour :pleasantry:

Can't decide if your just being ignorant or I'm being whooshed?

Who was the last guy we signed from a team from Paisley who finished 11th in the SPL?

Nb: past success is no reflection on potential of new signings but would surely at least deter the stigma of who a player is signing from, jeez we've signed a few players who had no club, that aren't supposedly good enough to be pro players

There's a difference between signing someone that they'd happily have kept but was out of contract, and someone who is out of contract and hasn't been offered a new one.

Past success is not reflection of potential, and I realise we pick up guys from all over, but I can't see how signing someone who can't cut it at a team that isn't nearly as good as us makes any sense. Same with Imrie.

Past success is not reflection of potential, and I realise we pick up guys from all over, but I can't see how signing someone who can't cut it at a team that isn't nearly as good as us makes any sense. Same with Imrie.

With that you're working on the assumption that every manager can see the same potential in players. Hateley was released and knocked back by several clubs and has been good enough to play a couple of hundred games for Motherwell in a very successful period. Clancy, Ojaama and Scott McDonald are another three either knocked back by other SPL clubs or deemed surplus to requirements there...

Imrie has always looked lively whenever I have seen him play, but I think First Division is probably his level.

Would take Clarky and Pearo back in a heartbeat. Lots of experience in the Championship will hold them in good stead back in the SPL.