2013 - 2014 Ins & Outs

Mad Dog

Would take Clarky and Pearo back in a heartbeat. Lots of experience in the Championship will hold them in good stead back in the SPL.

I recon we've more chance of seeing Pearson one day than Clarkson.

Speaking of former players, I'll just put this out there. Given we've lost (or look like we're losing) a lot of our creative players, and he was training at the club until recently, there must be a temptation to see what Paul Slane is looking for in a deal...

Not that it'd be something I'd do but might the club look at it...?

I recon we've more chance of seeing Pearson one day than Clarkson.

Speaking of former players, I'll just put this out there. Given we've lost (or look like we're losing) a lot of our creative players, and he was training at the club until recently, there must be a temptation to see what Paul Slane is looking for in a deal...

Not that it'd be something I'd do but might the club look at it...?

Slane has signed for Killie.

I think he is finished as a footballer. Nothing to do with his meltdown, but the fact that at the most important stage in his career he moved to Celtic played in the reserves and then fucked his leg and has never played since. He is now 23 and has played about 10 minutes of SPL football in 6 years.

He should just become a pimp.

Slane has signed for Killie.

I think he is finished as a footballer. Nothing to do with his meltdown, but the fact that at the most important stage in his career he moved to Celtic played in the reserves and then fucked his leg and has never played since. He is now 23 and has played about 10 minutes of SPL football in 6 years.

He should just become a pimp.

Didn't realise he had signed for Killie.

Agree with much of what you said though...

Didn't realise he had signed for Killie.

I dunno if he has or not, to be honest. He said during his twitter meltdown episode that he'd signed a pre-contract, and a couple of folks on the Killie forum picked that up, but I've never seen anything official anywhere.

I thought the Slane to Killie deal was kiddy on? I know he tweeted it, but I thought Killie denied all knowledge.

Re: Carey, he's played 50 SPL games, he's not Ojamaa or McDonald on a trial trying to win a deal. He's been about, couldn't cut it at Celtic and now can't cut it at St. Mirren. He's just another in a long list that people consider better than he is because he's released and we could possibly sign him.

I thought the Slane to Killie deal was kiddy on? I know he tweeted it, but I thought Killie denied all knowledge.

Re: Carey, he's played 50 SPL games, he's not Ojamaa or McDonald on a trial trying to win a deal. He's been about, couldn't cut it at Celtic and now can't cut it at St. Mirren. He's just another in a long list that people consider better than he is because he's released and we could possibly sign him.

In what way is he different to Tim Clancy who helped us to third place in terms of his pedigree?

By the way, I'm not advocating signing him, just think it's important to remember we've picked up players before that were discarded by other sides in the SPL and we've found that their manager had been hasty...

I'd rather play with 10 men than having Clarkson back. Still cant not believe the hype about Clarkson going down South and he would score plenty of goals.

Before his injury he was exactly a great goalscorer. Yes, the injury didnt give him playing time, yet I highly doubt it would have made a difference.

This season he played 26 games and scored 6 and he had some decent playing time.

Then again, it was only a rumour :pleasantry:

Clarkson would be a fantastic signing for us. He scored seven last season, so your facts must be "only a rumour".

In what way is he different to Tim Clancy who helped us to third place in terms of his pedigree?

By the way, I'm not advocating signing him, just think it's important to remember we've picked up players before that were discarded by other sides in the SPL and we've found that their manager had been hasty...

Aside from Clancy, I can't think of another example that didn't come from the Old Firm, which is a slightly different situation as they traditionally have bigger squads, more pressure, and less desire to blood youngsters.

I'm with you and I'm not having a go, just the endless linking of us with any SPL player released from pisher teams than us is a bit weird.

imrie would be a terrible signing. the only bonus would be hearing people shout about his maw being a junkie and him shiting himself every week rather than 3 times a season.

carey has ability but has failed at st mirren because he is a fat bastard with a shite attitude. no thanks.

imrie would be a terrible signing. the only bonus would be hearing people shout about his maw being a junkie and him shiting himself every week rather than 3 times a season.

carey has ability but has failed at st mirren because he is a fat bastard with a shite attitude. no thanks.

The last player you labelled as such has just been voted PFA Player of The Year, broke goalscoring records at Fir Park and finished top SPL goalscorer....

On that basis I'd say get this lad signed up.

• Like 2

I'd rather play with 10 men than having Clarkson back. Still cant not believe the hype about Clarkson going down South and he would score plenty of goals.

Before his injury he was exactly a great goalscorer. Yes, the injury didnt give him playing time, yet I highly doubt it would have made a difference.

This season he played 26 games and scored 6 and he had some decent playing time.

No need to make up statistics, even on here. 7 goals in 21 games before he got injured in Feb.

So can he transfer to foreign club any time or stil lonly during transfer windows? I can see us wantint to take a decent and reasonable offer but I would want to keep him for the european games before accepting any offers. Maybe a few sterling european performances might drive up his value and attaract some richer suitors?

The transfer window is not set in stone. FIFA guidlines state that there should be two windows. One for a maximum of 12 weeks and one for no more than 1 month. These are usually classed as end/pre-season and mid-season.

As for keeping past Europe - his value goes down as soon as he kicks a ball in Europe for this season, especially for a club like Lech Poznan as he will be cup tied.

David Goodwillie anyone??

apparently blackburn want him out the door and away from the club for a while

Going back to Dundee Utd on loan as soon as they sell Russell is what I hear. Although Celtic are also keeping an eye on the situation should they get a bid for Hooper...