2013 - 2014 Ins & Outs

Mad Dog

I'm still concerned that we seem to be largely connected with SPL players. For me, our success of late has been by signing players from other areas (down south/further afield), as opposed to the decline of teams like Hearts and Hibs, who've been hoovering up the deals which we seem to be looking at just now.

I'm aware that it's not as simple as "they've played in England, get them", but I do feel we should be looking elsewhere.

I tend to agree. Aberdeen seem to be following this pattern picking up Flood and apparently looking at Barry Robson. Reminds me of them signing Rae and Hughes and that didn't do much for them...

Quite happy for us to sign a couple of experienced SPL players on the basis that we will take advantage of the under 24 market down south.

Harkins would be a good addition as long as we surround him with pace and movement.

A move for McCourt would surprise me.

I'm still concerned that we seem to be largely connected with SPL players. For me, our success of late has been by signing players from other areas (down south/further afield), as opposed to the decline of teams like Hearts and Hibs, who've been hoovering up the deals which we seem to be looking at just now.

I'm aware that it's not as simple as "they've played in England, get them", but I do feel we should be looking elsewhere.

With one or two exceptions, players (and managers) we are linked with in the media bear little relation to players we end up signing. Most of our business takes place under the radar. We have also done a number of decent deals with free agents after the window closes.

• Like 2

With one or two exceptions, players (and managers) we are linked with in the media bear little relation to players we end up signing. Most of our business takes place under the radar. We have also done a number of decent deals with free agents after the window closes.

I'd agree with this, on looking back at some of the people we've been linked with in the past. I'm just needing to calm down and give it time, I think.

Should Motherwell not be focusing on bringing in another goalkeeper or are Motherwell relying on a guy thats came from a division team and has been most useful sitting on the bench for 2 seasons

If Motherwell bring in another keeper, chances are he'll have been sitting on a bench somewhere or playing in a lower division....

1370113576[/url]' post='385000']

At Rugby park just after they won the league cup i remember he MURDERED us was by far the best player on the park that day. I think he'll be a good addition.

blink.gif There you have it... Alarm bells ringing for me

Dont want either McCourt or Harkins though. Both decent in their own ways but unless they are backed up with some Younger, pacier players, they could be somewhat ineffective over the season.

I think we need to either look at some talent in Div 1 or League 1/2 in England!

On a tangent here, were we not supposed to have taken that Andy Carroll on trial a good few years back or am I making this gem up? Sure there was some talk on here about it at the time haha!