2013 - 2014 Ins & Outs

Mad Dog

Anyone else pick up Stevie Saunders tweets yesterday?

Big fella is away at the end of the season. I think he's been really unlucky and wish hime all the best for his life after 'Well

Heard McCall on the radio suggesting he was away.

Wasn't clear if we've not offered him anything or he has chosen to go. He was talking about how he needs to be somewhere getting games. I'm guessing we've decided to let him go.

Bit of a shame, a bit rough around the edges but looked promising prior to his injury woes. Hope can stay fit and bounce back.

Thought he might have had a shout at stepping into Hately's spot if he moves on.

Main article in yesterdays programme was interview with Saunders revealing that he was told he would not be offered anything when his current deal expires at end of May.

Personally thought the guy had something to offer prior to his hellish run of injuries, but don't suppose in the current climate the club can take a chance on someone who could continue to be injury prone .

Came across really well in the article and hopefully he can get sorted out at a decent level elsewhere as he's still only 22. Best of luck to the boy

From The Evening Times.

I really hope he doesn't end up at Celtic, would hate to see him lining up against us!

JAMES McFADDEN would welcome the chance of a summer move to Celtic – although he insists he has spoken to no-one at the club about his future.

20943326.JPG James McFadden was part of the Well team that beat Celtic 3-1 yesterday at Fir Park The Scotland internationalist has returned to Motherwell on a short-term deal until the end of the season, with the Steelmen going on an unbeaten run since his arrival in the starting XI.

The player says his long-term future is up in the air, but he would like the opportunity to remain in Glasgow.

Lennon has admitted that he would not be ruling out a move for the playmaker, and Faddy would also welcome a switch to the SPL champions.

"I would certainly listen to anything Celtic had to say," said McFadden.

"I was close a few years ago just before I went to Everton. There were a few conversations had and it was pretty close at one stage, but just not quite close enough.

"But I have not spoken to anybody about my future after this summer.

"I would actually say that my performance yesterday was my worst display on a personal level since I came back to the club a few months back.

"My kids are settled now and enjoying being back and it would not be ideal to move them again. But we will see what happens.

"I have not spoken to anyone and to be honest my main thoughts have been getting as much playing time as I can.

"Since I came in we have been unbeaten and it has been great to be a part of it as the club have got that second place virtually secured.

"That was their aim and it was nice to play a small part of that."

The stumbling block in previous attempts by Celtic to get McFadden were believed to be the salary involved, but any wage demands now would be unlikely to be a stumbling block.

The Hoops manager has spoken about wanting to add some creativity to his squad and McFadden could well fit the bill, especially since, on recent evidence, he appears to be getting his fitness and confidence back.

"The aim when I came back was to play games, get fit and get match fit and that is what has happened," said McFadden, who has shone brightly for the Well this term.

"We will see how it goes. I've got three games left here with Motherwell and I have been pleased with how it has gone.

"I do feel as though I am much fitter. I'd say that there is still some more to come. I tired a bit towards the end of the game against Celtic yesterday, although that is a good feeling too because you know how hard you have worked."

The Evening times is nothing more than a mouthpiece for the Old Firm. The media would love Faddy to go to Celtic.

To counter that article, Lennon is in another paper stating Faddy isn't on his shopping list.

Was about to post the same. From BBC gossip page.

Celtic manager Neil Lennon insists Motherwell star James McFadden is not on his summer shopping list. (The Record)

The Evening times is nothing more than a mouthpiece for the Old Firm. The media would love Faddy to go to Celtic.

To counter that article, Lennon is in another paper stating Faddy isn't on his shopping list.

I know what you're saying but there are some direct quotes from Faddy in the article saying he would be interested.

It would make sense as he has stated many times he is happy being back up here for family reasons & it's the only move for that would allow him to stay & earn the big money.

Wouldn't believe any of they rags if they told me it was Monday today.

Steve Saunders all the best, bit gutted to see him go cos I reckoned he had a good future in front of him, better right back than Hateley in my book any day of the week. Hopefully he gets himself fit and back playing

Was about to post the same. From BBC gossip page.

Celtic manager Neil Lennon insists Motherwell star James McFadden is not on his summer shopping list. (The Record)

I hope this is true, if he does leave us at the end of the season I would much rather see him heading back down south.

For selfish reasons, obviously!

I know what you're saying but there are some direct quotes from Faddy in the article saying he would be interested.

Aye, but that means nothing if Celtic aren't wanting him. McFadden can claim to be interested all he likes, it's Lennon who needs to be interested in him.

Wouldn't believe any of they rags if they told me it was Monday today.

Steve Saunders all the best, bit gutted to see him go cos I reckoned he had a good future in front of him, better right back than Hateley in my book any day of the week. Hopefully he gets himself fit and back playing

there is definitely a player in there, hopefully the big man fulfills his potential and maybe even does a craggs.

i think a couple of poor games in the run up to the cup final damned him in mccall's eyes.

Thought he might have had a shout at stepping into Hately's spot if he moves on.

McCall said on the radio yesterday, when he first came to Fir Park he thought Sauders had some good right back attributes about him, but Saunders wants to play centre back. Maybe Saunders made it clear he won't be sticking around if he doesn't get to play CB.

i think we need to be careful with this one - we obviously have to accept McCalls opinion on him - as he sees him every day.

but for me - there are a load of IFs here

IF McCall stays then we go on as we are, McCall doesnt rate him - fine

IF McCall goes - then Hateley might go, Ramsden might go - the new manager might want to see if we have a buyer for Hutchy

As someone else mentioned, its a sign of the times - it would have been great to offer him a new deal but the money is just not there- personally, i'd liked to have kept him

has McCall put a time frame on the contract offers?

Anyone else see that Samson has rejected the Midden's take it or leave it deal?

To be honest, I doubt any significant talks have even started yet - I would have thought both the management team and the out-of-contract players would be waiting to see how the league and European qualification panned out before getting stuck in.

Given how open this season has been (Celtic aside - and look at our performances against them), you might think some of the folk might see a wee sniff at a title challenge next year if everyone stays together. Sadly the majority of the decision will come down to money, but for a player to hawk themselves about with a league winner's medal would give them a fair bit of clout.

I can see Randy and probably Law going, but I have a funny feeling Higdon will stay. As for Faddy...well, we can dream, can't we?

Given how open this season has been (Celtic aside - and look at our performances against them), you might think some of the folk might see a wee sniff at a title challenge next year if everyone stays together.

Especially when you think that Celtic stand to lose a few players as well, such as Hooper and maybe Wanyama.

If Celtic are interested HE will be off to the tattiebowl. 100%. He gets to stay in Hamilton with his family, earn circa £15,000 a week for a couple of years - nearly a million quid onto his bank balance, play champions league and no doubt walk straight into the Scotland team like most Scottish OF players. No brainer. I would dk it myself! In a heartbeat!

Our only hope if him not going to Celtic is if they a) Have other targets b) don't see him staying at us as any sort of threat

Our only hope of him staying at FP is, nah there's no hope!