2013 - 2014 Ins & Outs

Mad Dog

Thinking about the likes of Wylde and Allan it would be good to see young Scottish talent at FP. Wonder is McCall having an influence with the national squad will have any bearing on their decisions.

Other thing that may benefit us. Humphrey, like Randolph and others before him, making clear as they leave how they have nothing but good things to say about their time at the club. That added to the fact that they got moves to decent sized clubs following their time here might encourage some young players down South into thinking that Motherwell might not be a bad move for their career in the long term...

Other thing that may benefit us. Humphrey, like Randolph and others before him, making clear as they leave how they have nothing but good things to say about their time at the club. That added to the fact that they got moves to decent sized clubs following their time here might encourage some young players down South into thinking that Motherwell might not be a bad move for their career in the long term...

Got to agree with you on the potential future positive impact of guys moving on saying good things about the club. It could, certainly, encourage up and coming youngsters down south to come to us for a season or two of first team football as well as others seeking, like Faddie, to rehabilitate their careers.

Barnsley make Michael Higdon offer

michael-higdon-motherwell.jpg

© PA Photos

TweetBy Liam Apicella, Features Editor

Filed: Tuesday, June 4, 2013 at 14:46 UKLast Updated: Tuesday, June 4, 2013 at 14:48 UKChampionship side Barnsley have submitted a bid for the services of Motherwell striker Michael Higdon.

The 29-year-old, who was the leading goalscorer in the Scottish Premier League last season, will be out of contract at Fir Park next month.

With his future still to be decided, the Tykes are hoping that they convince him to sign on at Oakwell on a free transfer.

"We have an interest in Michael and we've made an offer through his agent," Barnsley's departing chief executive Don Rowing told BBC Radio Sheffield. "Anyone who can score goals at whatever level is always on the radar."

Higdon joined Motherwell in 2011 from St Mirren.

http://www.sportsmol...ffer_87518.html

"Anyone who can score goals at whatever level is always on the radar."

Right, who wants to be my agent? I got 4 at fives last week and I didn't even have my contacts in.

#deadly

Last off the gannon lot gone.

Hutchy ??

We are victims of our own success. Perform well and we get raped. Perform shyte and no-one wants our players and we stay shyte.

SM's got a very tricky task ahead in the next few weeks. there's plenty 'free agents' out there, just depends how little they are prepared to play for.

Nice wee rumour for you all today, Iain Vigurs back on the radar.

Also my info is that Craig Moore and Euan Murray have been 'promoted'to the 1st team squad.

Vigurs would be a terrific signing, very skilful player who came close to hitting double figures for both goals and assists last season for County(he finished with 9 &9). Sadly as much as I'd love us to sign him you've got to think there's little to no chance of us actually getting him as he'll surely get better offers.

Good to hear the young lads will be getting a chance next season. When Higdon goes we cant possibly expect to find another 25 plus goal a season striker, I personally think any main Motherwell striker should be aiming for around the 15 goal mark. Then hopefully the likes of McHugh and hopefully Moore can chip in with some goals here and there next season to try and compensate for the loss of Higdon's goals. Even 10 or so goals between them could make a huge difference.

Do we have any pre season friendlies arranged yet?

Are Wylde and Vigurs both left wingers aye? Reckon ZFA wouldn't let us down if placed there in the team.

If Barnsley have offered Higgy a contract he's def not staying here. Time to look for a striker.

1370364423[/url]' post='385299']

I'm Lee Miller, and so is my wife.

McCall better start trawling the running clubs for some pace that has limited ability to replace Humphrey and Daley :whistling:

Get the feeling this is a dig at me, which is fine. I may be a little wet behind the ears on the forums but I can take it.

In my honest opinion though I don't think we should be looking for like-for-like players. McCall played to Higdon and Humphrey's strengths and it's not fair to whoever comes in to be told to replicate what they did. I only hope that Stuart (and his team) find people willing to work hard and improve themselves in the way that most of the recent players have done.

• Like 1