2013 - 2014 Ins & Outs

Mad Dog

Did he?

If wikipedia is correct, then aye, he made his debut against Accies in May 2009 - about 4 weeks before McGhee made his big move up the ladder.

EDIT: and was signed in 2007.

All the best to Chris Humphrey at Preston.

Hopefully he continues to work hard and develop his game and gets an even bigger move.

Then we can all proudly say, I remember when he played in the Champions League for Motherwell......

• Like 2

Get the feeling this is a dig at me, which is fine. I may be a little wet behind the ears on the forums but I can take it.

In my honest opinion though I don't think we should be looking for like-for-like players. McCall played to Higdon and Humphrey's strengths and it's not fair to whoever comes in to be told to replicate what they did. I only hope that Stuart (and his team) find people willing to work hard and improve themselves in the way that most of the recent players have done.

Paranoid much? I've no idea if it's a dig at you, it's my opinion nothing more.

Used to enjoy reading opponents forums when we were due to play them there was always loads of punters giving their opinion on who should play full back to mark Humphrey always followed by someone else saying that full backs no fast enough get this other guy on him give him an early kick & Humphrey will no be interested after that.

So whatever we thought of him he always gave our opponents the fear to the extent they would change their team to try to combat him leaving other areas exposed. Like someone said before we will now find out exactly what he brought to the team & for me if it was the choice between keeping Humphrey or Higdon i would've picked Humphrey. Good luck to the lad at Preston.

• Like 1

In my honest opinion though I don't think we should be looking for like-for-like players. McCall played to Higdon and Humphrey's strengths and it's not fair to whoever comes in to be told to replicate what they did. I only hope that Stuart (and his team) find people willing to work hard and improve themselves in the way that most of the recent players have done.

I couldnt agree more. We need to remember these are players that came to Motherwell and were good, but not that good. Higdon turned into top scorer and player of the year and Humphrey who was too fast for his own good and his touch was awful and had no left foot and every single cross went wayward has turned into a beautiful black swan that makes defences do lots of little poos when he has the ball. Goals at Dundee Utd away and Ross County last day at home show you how much he had progressed.

We can now sign players now whose game is much more developed and are better players before they join the club, ala Lawson or even Faddy and turn them into even better players than what they are. If we keep going backwards every 2-4 years to start again then we will never get anywhere.

Diddy teams are forever winning the League Cup and doing well in the Scottish. We have the ability to bring in a higher quality of player now and push for silverware and dare i say it, we are well within our rights to believe that we can push for 1st in the league. If we didnt lose to Ross County away and Dundee United at home back to back, we wouldve been 6 points from Celtic and it wouldve been squeeky bum time!!

I couldnt agree more. We need to remember these are players that came to Motherwell and were good, but not that good. Higdon turned into top scorer and player of the year and Humphrey who was too fast for his own good and his touch was awful and had no left foot and every single cross went wayward has turned into a beautiful black swan that makes defences do lots of little poos when he has the ball. Goals at Dundee Utd away and Ross County last day at home show you how much he had progressed.

We can now sign players now whose game is much more developed and are better players before they join the club, ala Lawson or even Faddy and turn them into even better players than what they are. If we keep going backwards every 2-4 years to start again then we will never get anywhere.

Diddy teams are forever winning the League Cup and doing well in the Scottish. We have the ability to bring in a higher quality of player now and push for silverware and dare i say it, we are well within our rights to believe that we can push for 1st in the league. If we didnt lose to Ross County away and Dundee United at home back to back, we wouldve been 6 points from Celtic and it wouldve been squeeky bum time!!

Chuck in the 2 late goals conceded at Aberdeen and St Mirrens last minute equaliser at Fir Park near the start of the season and that's another 4 points added on!

Squeaky bum would have been an understatement!

Cue the 'Celtic would've just stepped it up a gear' responses..........:whistling:

Almost certainly would have, but just applying the pressure to do so would have been good.

Can't complain about this season but a transfer window like this is custom designed to make you think about what might have been even more than usual.

• Like 1

Apparently in today's Sun........

MOTHERWELL frontman Henrik Ojamaa faces being DUMPED by his national team.

He asked to be left out of Estonia’s squad for three end-of-season friendlies claiming he had SCHOOL duties to attend to.

But instead he flew to Poland to watch Lech Poznan play Korona Kielce.

The Polish outfit have had two bids for the striker turned down — the most recent last week.

Coach Tarmo Ruutli left Ojamaa out of the squad for the friendlies against Belarus, Trinidad and Kyrgyzstan after the striker told him he had ‘school duty’ to deal with.

But he was spotted in Poznan and after the defeat to Belarus, furious Ruutli said: “It doesn’t matter whether he’s studying or watching a game in Poland.

“I’m still sure he would have found time for the national team if he had really wanted to. This means a lot to me and I haven’t failed to make a note of it.

“He’s made his choice — we’ll see what to make of it in due course.”

But Ruutli suggested Ojamaa’s future could still be in his own hands. He added: “If he keeps playing well, I won’t hold a grudge for long.”

Ojamaa is not the only Motherwell striker in demand, with PFA Scotland Player of the Year Michael Higdon wanted by Barnsley.

Oakwell manager David Flitcroft hopes to lure the out-of contract marksman, who scored 27 goals in 43 appearances last season.

Motherwell have been hoping to persuade Higdon to sign a new contract.

But at 29, the ex-Crewe, Falkirk and St Mirren marksman is likely to jump at the chance of a move to the Championship.

Meanwhile, winger Chris Humphrey has left Fir Park after agreeing a two-year deal with League One Preston North End.

The Jamaica star, 25, said: “I think this is a club which is moving the right way. I’ve met with the boss Simon Grayson a couple of times and everything he spoke about I liked.

“I had four great years at Motherwell and the people at the club were fantastic. It was a tough decision to leave but I feel it’s right to pursue a new challenge.”

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/4955533/Ojamaa-dodger-is-national-outcast.html#ixzz2VKqicWZZ

According to reports he quoted as saying he misses the cups and european football could this be the deciding factor or will he bw another money chaser? Either way I think its a statement of intent that we are now looking towards higher calibre of player

I overheard Ojamaa once in the Popinjay chatting to the staff and he was telling them about his education, school grades or degrees or something and he comes across as a very educated and well spoken young man. So this doesnt suprise me if it is actual "school duties" - maybe some Open Uni course he maybe does.

I overheard Ojamaa once in the Popinjay chatting to the staff and he was telling them about his education, school grades or degrees or something and he comes across as a very educated and well spoken young man. So this doesnt suprise me if it is actual "school duties" - maybe some Open Uni course he maybe does.

Didn't complete his studies and was heading home post match nearer the end of the season for examinations was the chat.

a school trip to a lech poznan game?

Apparently in today's Sun........

The moment I start believing everything that appears in this poor excuse for a newspaper is the same moment I accept that The Rangers have history prior to 2012.

I'll miss Ojamma if he goes but everyone has a price, just hope we get at least £0.5m.

• Like 1