2013 - 2014 Ins & Outs

Mad Dog

I must say though that the board are dealing with the Ojamaa issue correctly. He won't be leaving unless they get a good price for him

It's good to see the club not being held to ransom.

What do 'Well fans think of Clayton Donaldson? He seems to be linked to quite a few clubs in England, would he be a good replacement for Higdon IF he signed for someone else?

And Greg Wylde didn't make a single appearance for Bolton and has been released one year into a three year deal!

Aye, while Wylde was promising at Ibrox and I reckon he'd be a decent signing, let's not build him up to be something that he's not...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22545324

I can't comment on the other 3 but I reckon Odejayi would do a job in the SPL, he scored goals for fun for Cheltenham in League One before we signed him, he had an awful time at Oakwell and never really got a look in at Rotherham. He's bloody massive, powerful, with pace to burn.

Just my opinion, of course :)

Off all the players mentioned over the last few pages Wylde is the one I'm least enthused about potentially signing. I remember him being quick but he didn't have a lot else about him, I think he's just another Burchill or Fleck who was built up into something he's really not. And while pace is a valuable asset in the SPL as Humphrey showed, Wylde won't come cheap and to be honest I wouldn't be in any rush to go over the odds to try and match what Aberdeen or Hibs will offer. I'd take a punt on him if he'd come for a reasonable price but I'm sure there are cheaper alternatives of similar quality out there.

Scott Allan, Lee Miller & Iain Vigurs - Would be delighted with any of those 3, although I doubt any of them will come off.

I'd put good money on our next signing being someone who hasn't even been mentioned on here yet.

• Like 1

he's that good he has played the majority of his football at sfl1 level.

would people seriously be jumping for joy if we are starting half ross county's midfield next season?

They have been two of the best players in the spl last season and played for a very impressive Ross county team.

You sound like a cocky old firm fan.

They have been two of the best players in the spl last season and played for a very impressive Ross county team.

You sound like a cocky old firm fan.

i'm not saying that vigurs would be a terrible signing or that it's impossible that he might be a very good one just that he hasn't done much in his career so far yet we have some people acting like it would be a major coup to get him to sign.

iain vigurs would be fortunate to sign for motherwell not the other way around.

he's that good he has played the majority of his football at sfl1 level.

would people seriously be jumping for joy if we are starting half ross county's midfield next season?

Yeah and that SFL team really struggled in the SPL.

Jumping for joy nah, happy and genuinely looking forward to seeing them in a Well shirt, for sure.

Gers following workmate said Wylde was Cack and apparently he swans around Kirkintilloch in his big car like a ticket. He got punted from Bolton without hardly getting on the pitch for them. Let Aberdeen have him. <_>

Vigurs is a smashing player. Think he would be a great addition to our squad but given we have signed Lawson and already have Lasley and Carswell in place, not sure another central midfield player is a priority?

Gers following workmate said Wylde was Cack and apparently he swans around Kirkintilloch in his big car like a ticket. He got punted from Bolton without hardly getting on the pitch for them. Let Aberdeen have him. dry.gif

He never kicked a ball for Bolton.......but was the "fans favourite" at Bury where he made 7 appearance ( 2 assists) whilst on loan Nov 2012 Jan 2013.....according to Wikipedia :blush:

I feel like I've said this before, but we can't make someone pay more for our players.

The difference, I assume, is that United will get a development fee for Russell regardless, which we don't with Ojamaa, I don't think.

It is weird though, and although I think Russell is a better player than Ojamaa, he isn't five times the player Ojamaa is, they're a similar age, a similar contract situation, both knocking on doors internationally, but for some reason Derby are chucking money at United, and no-one wants to throw money at us. I don't get it.

I feel like I've said this before, but we can't make someone pay more for our players.

Agreed, but the thing is that on this board quite a few folk are convinced that if we were resolute enough could force other clubs into paying a higher fee. Quite how we would achieve this has yet to be explained.

• Like 1

So United will have received over £3mil for Goodwillie and Russell while we'lte probably looking at £400k for Murphy and Ojamaa.

Who knows what goes on behind the scenes but something doesn't stack up. Still baffled that we didn't receive a bid for Randolph over the course of 3 years.