2013 - 2014 Ins & Outs

Mad Dog

Cannot say I have ever heard of the player in Q. Still it does appear as if McCall was keen to bring him onboard.

How many players have opted for other SPL clubs only to regret it. Still if we were after Harkins that is 2 players that have turned us down, make it 3 if you include Samson! To sign for DDee Utd, St Mirren and Killie respectively....all clubs that can offer the attraction of playing in Europe......oh wait......

Tbh I am not bothered about any of the above going elsewhere. Greg Wylde on the other hand would be a good bit of business, but it looks from his comments that the Dons are favourites there :-(

And the good news is ........

Wee update.

G O A L K E E P E R S

12. Lee HOLLIS - Contracted to 2014

43. Ross STEWART - Contract details not known

D E F E N D E R S

3. Stevie HAMMELL - Contracted to 2014

5. Shaun HUTCHINSON - Contracted to 2014

6. Tom HATELEY - Offered new contract

15. Simon RAMSDEN - Contracted to 2015

19. Fraser KERR - Offered new contract

26. Zane FRANCIS-ANGOL - Contracted to 2015

30. Adam CUMMINS - Contracted to 2015

M I D F I E L D E R S

14. Keith LASLEY - Contracted to 2014

18. Stuart CARSWELL - Contracted to 2015

20. James McFADDEN - Offered new contract

-. Paul LAWSON - Contracted to 2015

F O R W A R D S

9. Michael HIGDON - Offered new contract

16. Bob McHUGH - Contracted to 2015

T R A N S F E R R E D / R E L E A S E D

-. Henrik OJAMAA - To Legia Warszawa 01/07/2013

-. Nicky LAW - To Rangers 01/07/2013

-. Chris HUMPHREY - To Preston North End 01/07/2013

-. Darren RANDOLPH - To Birmingham City 01/07/2013

-. Jamie MURPHY - To Sheffield United 03/01/2013

-. Johnny PAGE - To Hamilton Academicals 02/01/2013

-. Steven SAUNDERS - Free agent

-. Omar DALEY - Free agent

-. Steve HETHERINGTON - Free agent

What are people's thoughts on Cummins? I've not seen enough if him to judge yet.

25% of the time he looks good, 50% he looks like a youngster that isn't ready to be a first choice player and the final 25% of the time he doesn't look like a footballer at all.

My guess is that the lure of some games in Europe isn't as strong as the lure of actual money.

Probably true, but being outbid by St Mirren and Killie is a little depressing...

I wonder how much of the wage budget was being cut for this coming season and if OJamma's transfer has any impact on that?

25% of the time he looks good, 50% he looks like a youngster that isn't ready to be a first choice player and the final 25% of the time he doesn't look like a footballer at all.

Could not have said it any better.

To be honest it would scare me to know that Cummins would be starter next season. Dont think he has got what it takes to be an SPL player.

samson signed for killie as they offered him a longer deal and im pretty sure he stays down that way so they were always favourites to get him,from what i heard mccall was interested in harkins but we never made him an offer and it seems mcnamara was the main reason that paton chose utd.imo there 3 average players so im glad theyve went elsewhere

I would think the freed up wages will be significant, since Hately and Humphrey were on their second deals, which probably had annual increases, and law must have been on a decent amount. Don't know much about Daley.

I'm sure keeping Higdon and faddy would eat into most of those savings, but I don't see either hanging around.

Either way, I don't think we'll see a large number of new faces, maybe 3 or 4, and the rest will be promoted youngsters. If we're going to be a selling club the youth players are the key.

samson signed for killie as they offered him a longer deal and im pretty sure he stays down that way so they were always favourites to get him,from what i heard mccall was interested in harkins but we never made him an offer and it seems mcnamara was the main reason that paton chose utd.imo there 3 average players so im glad theyve went elsewhere

I'm pretty certain we did make Harkins an offer. No matter how you try to spin it,we've been knocked back by 3 average players for St Midden,Killie & Utd,not good to hear

I'm pretty certain we did make Harkins an offer. No matter how you try to spin it,we've been knocked back by 3 average players for St Midden,Killie & Utd,not good to hear

Alternatively, they've paid too much for average players and we'll get better value for moany elsewhere - another Ojamaa anyone? -

Allways the optimist!!

• Like 2

Either way, I don't think we'll see a large number of new faces, maybe 3 or 4, and the rest will be promoted youngsters. If we're going to be a selling club the youth players are the key.

i don't think we have any youngsters waiting in the wings.

we have murray, erwin and moore but we have cover in their positions with mchugh and cummins. zfa could feature more but beyond that there isn't much.

Alternatively, they've paid too much for average players and we'll get better value for moany elsewhere - another Ojamaa anyone? -

Allways the optimist!!

hopefully we are keeping our money for players that are worth it like randolph and law.

no one else has improved their squad yet so no need to worry.

Probably true, but being outbid by St Mirren and Killie is a little depressing...

I wonder how much of the wage budget was being cut for this coming season and if OJamma's transfer has any impact on that?

Harkins is a good player on his day and when the going is good. However he's not suited to scrapping when the going gets tough and I wouldn't have thought St Mirren was the right club for him but thats not our problem. Not concerned that he didn't sign for us. Maybe he's guaranteed first team football at Paisley. Dundee United and Kilmarnock will both be paying more than us and money does talk.

Keith Lasley was offered a decent contract at Rugby Park a few years ago but Jim Jeffries couldn't guarantee him a first team place and so he came to us. Whether its wisely spent by other clubs is another matter entirely.

• Like 1