2013 - 2014 Ins & Outs

Mad Dog

I remember Lee Miller being quite good, but that was a few years ago now.

Speculation at the moment anyway.

Vigurs has 9 goals and 9 assists to his name from last season which is quite impressive. I have a feeling this might get scuppered at the last minute!

Still a bit down about the players that have left/leaving to be honest!

We could be falling into the Clyde and coming out with pockets full of fish here...

The only thing i think we will lose is pace in the team, one thing we will gain is creativity and experience. As long as we get a sturdy keeper and strong centre half to go along with some of the potential signings then Im excited for the coming season!!

Great job done this season by Higdon but with Law ,Ojamma and Humphrey away I don't think he will be anywhere near as effective next Season. Miller is a different type of striker and it would give us a fresh option and style of play. This won't be popular but I would like to see Higdon go (think he will anyway) and Miller come in. Put it this way it wouldn't be a disaster .

• Like 1

Lee Miller does make sense, he is a local boy and we all know McCall likes to have a big man up front and have the others work around him. Miller would fit the bill, don't think he's as prolific as Higdon but I seem to remember him being a bit more mobile with good link up play and perhaps a better all rounder. His record of 45 SPL goals in 149 SPL starts is not bad at all. I think 1 in 3 is a decent strike rate for any Motherwell striker, although we've been extremely lucky with Higdon's exploits this season we can't realistically expect to find another 20 plus goal a season striker for next season.

As I said on the previous page, it was the journalist who brought up Blackpool and Preston. I have no reason to doubt the above poster who says he won't be going to either of those teams, although I have no real reason to doubt Scott Burns who is usually pretty spot on with Motherwell stuff.

Guess we'll have to wait and see but I certainly think he'd be a decent signing if it did come off.

The reason he will not sign for Blackpool/Preston is his family commitments

He has been offered a new deal at Carlisle which he is happy with but with every out of contract player he is sitting tight

Motherwell have enquirer and at 30 this year have discussed a 3 year deal on slightly less cash than Carlisle but understand similar to the offer tables to higdon

The Blackpool/Preston this is true but with the prospect of moving family may not be ideal

miller would be a decent signing and would be a good partner for mchugh and moore who are penalty box players. he's quite similar in build to erwin so he might bring him on as well.

miller's move to boro for £600,000 (where he never scored) is one of the dodgiest transfer deals ever. strachan basically giving his mate mcghee steve gibson's money for nothing just as he did when he paid £1.2m for virgo when he was at celtic and mcghee at brighton. lawell was obviously wise to it by the time mcghee was at fir park or we might have been able to sell paul quinn to the tims for a couple of million.

In addition to this Motherwell have spoke about a 3 year deal with option of fourth with a signing in fee

Preston/Blackpool have offered 2 years

With no league sponsor (among many other financial uncertainties over the next few years) I'm genuinely surprised we'd offer anyone a three year deal, never mind a player who will probably come in as one of the higher earners.

Maybe the club are listening and learning lessons..too much for some on here to believe but that would be a welcome change. Yes, we could get stung with a crap player or someone out injured long term, however it may give us some room for maneuver when it comes to selling someone on and the club don't need to accept the usual paltry offers. Would be nice if true, I shall await the official announcement with interest.

Really excited and nervous about who we will bring in and how we will set up next season. Gonna be a busy few weeks at the 'Ark.

Great job done this season by Higdon but with Law ,Ojamma and Humphrey away I don't think he will be anywhere near as effective next Season. Miller is a different type of striker and it would give us a fresh option and style of play. This won't be popular but I would like to see Higdon go (think he will anyway) and Miller come in. Put it this way it wouldn't be a disaster .

Im not sure how you would know all of this since you haven't been to fir park all season because ' the wee ranger' was in charge ;)

Of course you might have realised what a ridiculous stance that was and decided to go along anyway and watch the best team we'v had in 20 years......

Maybe the club are listening and learning lessons..too much for some on here to believe but that would be a welcome change. Yes, we could get stung with a crap player or someone out injured long term, however it may give us some room for maneuver when it comes to selling someone on and the club don't need to accept the usual paltry offers. Would be nice if true, I shall await the official announcement with interest.

Really excited and nervous about who we will bring in and how we will set up next season. Gonna be a busy few weeks at the 'Ark.

I totally agree but would have thought a 4yr deal would make more sense for a younger player like a Hutchy or Cummins than for a guy that would be 34 at the end of it.