2013 - 2014 Ins & Outs

Mad Dog

Think Vigurs is potentially a great signing. If he can play for us the way he performed for Ross County last season we have an excellent player on our hands.

The hunt will be on for a Humphreys replacement now, although Faddy can play wide right but even if Faddy signs up again I think we need another out and out wide player.

Pace is what we need, and a keeper. Everything indicates that we're going to be playing in a different way, which, certainly in Europe, might be a huge advantage for us, but we're looking shorn of pace, unless ZFA is playing wide left.

For all Humphrey's flaws, his ability to stretch the game was never in doubt.

To be honest, it seems to me like the team is being set up to play without Higdon which is fair enough and understandable but pretty gutting in it's own way. Whoever comes in, McHugh will have to step up and properly force his way into the team this season as I think this is his last chance before having to drop down a division or two.

I also hope that we use Carswell sensibly this season in terms of game time so that he is ready to step right in to Lasleys role when he retires.

I see Vigurs as a replacement for Law and Lawson a replacement for Jennings. All we need now is a pacey right winger and a big striker.

What about yon big dude with The Smiths hairdo that played at Ayr a couple of years ago? Still here or disappeared?

I think Higgy is off ski, but i don't know why it is taking so long to announce.....

Maybe not wanting to get all the bad news out at one time! That said I think we are all resigned, yet excited about building a team.

Vigurs and Lawson look to be decent additions. Hopefully we can continue in that vein.

I think the club are probably not unhappy as it allows us to re-balance the wage budget - and judging by the loss last year, this is very much needed. Of course the £300k + we got for OJ will also help.

Saunders: I'm fit and ready to prove McCall wrong

Made interesting by...

With Darren Randolph and Nicky Law already gone and McCall set to lose other star players, including Michael Higdon and James McFadden, Saunders isn’t sure if his old mates can follow up on a successful season which ended with Europa League qualification. He said: “It all depends on who they bring in. Paul Lawson from Ross County is a good signing already and they’ve signed Simon Ramsden and Shaun Hutchinson on new deals too.

“It’ll be good to see who they can keep hold of but it would be a hard task even if they’d kept all the top players.”

Mistake or exclusive?

What about yon big dude with The Smiths hairdo that played at Ayr a couple of years ago? Still here or disappeared?

Do you mean Kieran McGachie, big blonde striker ?

If it is him he was released at the start of last season and signed for Annan.

He left there at Christmas to play with Clyde.

Mistake or exclusive?

Doesn't strike my as either, really, just a stock quote from the school of lazy journalism where "still hasn't re-signed" = "probably leaving then".

EDIT: Oh, never mind, I see the bit you've underlined now that I've read your post in my browser rather than just in my email :)

Do you mean Kieran McGachie, big blonde striker ?

If it is him he was released at the start of last season and signed for Annan.

He left there at Christmas to play with Clyde.

Is it not that Lee Erwin character?

Has Saunders left, or signed for anyone else?

he got released at the end of the season mate, so far still without a club. In m opinion if he gets a run of games (and stays injury free) he will turn out a cracking player and SPL is definately his standard.

Not wishing to be a vulture but anyone at Hearts worth having for a nominal fee?

Dog eat dog mate, im sure they would be the same if we were in that position, i would take Wilson and even the young boy McHattie for long term Hammell replacement.

Jamie Hamill? Fucking hell, I'd rather you played Right-back.

Dirty bastard, and he'll be on a decent wage at Hearts which I doubt we could match.

Would agree with the Jamie McDonald, maybe, and no-one else shout.