2013 - 2014 Ins & Outs

Mad Dog

Even if he did the DR should be able to fix it...

I doubt anyone at the record would know it was a mistake. The number of glaring inaccuracies in reports on Motherwell are embarassing, like pictures captioned with the wrong name for example.

1371315580[/url]' post='386502']

Imrie gets a hard time on here. Always looked a tricky wee so and so when we played against teams he played for.

That said if he is not good enough for St Mirren - he is not good enough for us, other than as a squad player and even then .........

I agree with your first point and he, in particular, always seemed well-up for getting into us. However, agree even more with your second point and we should be ensuring that some of our own youngsters are given a fair crack at moving up to be squad players.

Don't usually pay any attention to articles with Mark Hateley but read his bit in the Sunday Mail about Tom not having been offered a new contract at Fir Park yet. What are people's views on this? Has McCall got someone else lined up or does he expect him to leave anyway - interesting.

My view is that Mark Hateley is an absolute mile oot and I'd like him to never mention our club again either in print, on the radio, or on television.

Sounds like Mark Hateley and his media pals are trying to drum up some interest by highlighting his son is available. Suggests that maybe he has not been flooded out by offers and maybe his move to Rangers is not as cut and dried as had appeared.

As for TH not being offered a contract by Motherwell, Stuart McCall said ages ago that offers had been made to all out of contract first team players that we wanted to stay. If it's a case of believing either Mark Hateley or Stuart McCall then it's a no contest. Maybe Tom just hasn't worked out how to tell his Dad he has a good offer from Motherwell and wants to stay at Fir Park rather than move to a lower league team.

• Like 2

Well someone is telling porkies.

I would have thought Hateley would have been offered a contract. A lot also depends on what goes on behind the scenes. Maybe Hateley and his agent made it clear he was looking to move on, so the club thought there was little point in offering a contract. Now that he has not been inundated with better offers his faither has come out with this nonsense.

But as stated before it would suggest from the Well Society thread and other indications that we need to cut our wage bill in order to break even. All these players leaving gives us that opportunity and perhaps that applies to Hateley. Maybe the club feel we could get a lower cost option....

Well someone is telling porkies.

I would have thought Hateley would have been offered a contract. A lot also depends on what goes on behind the scenes. Maybe Hateley and his agent made it clear he was looking to move on, so the club thought there was little point in offering a contract. Now that he has not been inundated with better offers his faither has come out with this nonsense.

But as stated before it would suggest from the Well Society thread and other indications that we need to cut our wage bill in order to break even. All these players leaving gives us that opportunity and perhaps that applies to Hateley. Maybe the club feel we could get a lower cost option....

We had a lower cost ( and in my opinion better) option in Saunders, still can't believe we let him go. Always rated him the better right back of the two