2013 - 2014 Ins & Outs

Mad Dog

Omar Daley in St Johnstone’s sights

A Jamaican winger who joked he was faster than fellow-countryman Usain Bolt could become St Johnstone’s next signing.

Courier Sport understands that Omar Daley, who was released by Motherwell in the summer after two seasons with the Fir Park club, is on manager Tommy Wright’s radar.

The 32-year-old has made over 70 appearances for Jamaica, and played 39 times for Stuart McCall.

Renowned for his pace, when he arrived in Scotland from Bradford City, Daley said: “If the fans want to know how fast I am compared to Usain Bolt – I’m even quicker!”

Wright’s squad for next season is taking shape, with a number of key men signing up for another campaign and midfielder Gary McDonald moving north from Morecambe.

http://www.thecourier.co.uk/sport/football/st-johnstone/omar-daley-in-st-johnstone-s-sights-1.103522?

I think folk are being overly hard on Tom Hateley because of who his father is. The guy has been almost ever-present in our first team since he joined us and IMO always gives his best. He is not short on ability and I for one hope we manage to hold onto him. Or has he become the latest in the sights of the boo boys?

• Like 1

IMO it would be good to see hateley sign on again but only as a RB. If he insists on a centre mid role then rangers is about his level. However we can't be sure how much is truth and how much is hearsay.

Hopefully get the three sorted soon - seems to be taking forever!!

His corner kicks are infuriating, but the grief Hateley has taken on here is bordering on embarrassing!

Higdon and Faddy being given ultimatums? We don't need Higdon next season?

The best team we've had in, what, a generation? And still folk on here seem intent on chasing half the players away. Unreal.

• Like 2

His corner kicks are infuriating, but the grief Hateley has taken on here is bordering on embarrassing!

I think some of the stick is due to the rumours (true or not, I have no idea) that Hateley was one of the highest earners at the club, maybe even the top earner...

I think some of the stick is due to the rumours (true or not, I have no idea) that Hateley was one of the highest earners at the club, maybe even the top earner...

No idea about his wages, but he must be a pretty senior member of the squad. He got the captains arm band on one occassion this season when las & hammy weren't on the pitch

Tom Hateley signing would be a good boost. He's a solid right back for us and pretty consistent to boot. He's had some good games in midfield but had some howlers too. And who knows how he'd develop if given a run. If it happened it would be in good faith rather than on cold hard stats.

If he goes it wouldn't be the end of the world.

It isn't a big issue and we shouldn't feel that him or his bawbag of a da' has put a gun to our heads

Your shout Tam

I know we are all keen to find out what the out of contract players are doing but based on lack of comments from the club I am assuming that the deadline for them to inform the club of their decision has not been reached yet. Once that deadline is reached then the club will act accordingly based on the resposne from the players. With resepct to some other comments I would say That I think McFadden is in a unique situation in that if Higdon or Hately go then we need to find replacements. I don't think we are looking at finding a replacement for Faddy. if we have him on the team it's just a bonus so we can probably wait until the last minute and still let him sign up.

. I don't think we are looking at finding a replacement for Faddy. if we have him on the team it's just a bonus so we can probably wait until the last minute and still let him sign up.

if we are going to wait on him we wiil have to put money aside in the budget that can't be spent on new players.

i would rather we used all our funds to try and get the best team possible for europe.