2013 - 2014 Ins & Outs

Mad Dog

I don't see why folk are worried that we've not signed many new players yet. In my view part of the reason for this is to save cash - the longer we hold off the more we save which will be used to pay the office staff over the summer (if we're saving around £6000 per week that should be enough to cover the wages).

I'm sure that both the club and SMcC are well aware of what they need to do before the start of the next season and will be doing everything they can to ensure we are ready.

• Like 1

Why? Our season starts Mid July! We have european games,league starting early august and as you,me and everyone else with a pulse knows,every point is a prisoner for us. We finished second this year and still made a fucking loss,we as a club simply cannot afford to finish any lower than 3rd or 4th so droppung points while we fanny about loiking for players is fucking suicide.

Also,unless you have been living under a rock,you will know we have lost Randolph,Hateley,Law,Humphrey,Ojamaa,Higdon,McFadden,Saunders,Higginbottom,Kerr,Daley,Hetherington,Watt,Devlin, 7 First Team Players,4 from the bench & 3 back ups and have brought in 2! Who the fuck are we gonna play if we wait till August/Sept to find players? Are McCall & Black going to dust off their boots? Maybe Flow can replace Randolph? You never know,Dempster could make a decent right back?

I'm not 1 of the panty wetters as u put it,but I do kbow the longer we go without rebuilding the more harm that is being done! THATS why we need to know what Faddy/Higdon/Hateley are doing,THATS why we need to sign players now rather than wait around

I'm happy to continue with a discussion on the necessity of signing players this week. However, if your argument is just going to be ridiculous, overly dramatic exaggerations then I'll just bow out here and leave you all to your panic and fretting.

• Like 3

If this was an average close season where we were replacing one or two then I wouldn't be concerned but we are close to rebuilding a full team.

All the more reason to take our time and make sure we're bringing in people who are likely to play well together, surely? (Hence the wisdom in bringing in two guys who played together last season.) If we just had to replace one or two we could take a bit more of a punt on somebody as it wouldn't be the end of the world if they were mediocre.

Too many keyboards warriors looking for a spat in the close season. Time for some folks to cool their jets and enjoy the sunshine while it lasts. I have no doubt SMc and co are currently getting negotiations started/concluded behind closed doors. I for one will sit back and watch a new team emerge and who knows maybe even better what we did last season...cheers.gif

What the fuck is this ASAP nonsense that keeps getting spouted?!

Why? Why do we have to know what Higdon is doing this week? Why do we have to sign a winger before July 1st?

The season doesn't kick off until mid August. The transfer window is open until September 1st. We don't pay transfer fees so we can still pick up out of contract players once the dust has settled and the windows has shut.

Stuart McCall has proven he deserves a bit of faith from us when it comes to signing players so how about some of you panty-wetters shut the fuck up and just trust him to get on with it.

Honest to fuck, some people need to go outside and experience the world around them and never go near a keyboard until September at least.

I'm happy to continue with a discussion on the necessity of signing players this week. However, if your argument is just going to be ridiculous, overly dramatic exaggerations then I'll just bow out here and leave you all to your panic and fretting.

:laugh: A wee bit of pot /Kettle there mate..:nod:

• Like 2

It's still only June! When Gannon had his big rebuilding job, his first signing (excluding Michael Fraser, who McGhee signed) was Jennings in the middle of July and that was after we had played our first two competitive games. Have faith that everything will come into place before August 1st, there is still six weeks to go and we've already signed two players of decent reputation and quality.

It's still only June! When Gannon had his big rebuilding job, his first signing (excluding Michael Fraser, who McGhee signed) was Jennings in the middle of July and that was after we had played our first two competitive games. Have faith that everything will come into place before August 1st, there is still six weeks to go and we've already signed two players of decent reputation and quality.

You neglected to mention we played the worst 90 minutes of football I've ever seen from a Motherwell side in the first European match.

I don't think we want to see anything like that again.

But yeah, it's still early.

The transfer window doesn't close until the 31st of August and we kick off on the 1st. So it's not beyond the realms of possibility that a signing or two arrives after our season has started (either in August or even as a free agent after that).

Obviously it would be ideal to have everyone signed before that, but if players are weighing up offers until the last few days of the window, we (and other clubs) may have to wait.

I'm not 1 of the panty wetters as u put it,but I do kbow the longer we go without rebuilding the more harm that is being done! THATS why we need to know what Faddy/Higdon/Hateley are doing,THATS why we need to sign players now rather than wait around

TBH that post had PANTY WETTER written all over it :nod:

In saying that I am a little bemused how we have Higdon, Hateley and Faddy all to make up their minds and we seem no nearer to hearing what the **** is going on.

We have lost a sh1t load of players and are likely to lose more. 2 albeit decent additions does not quite whet the appetite.

It is SLOW going for sure. 1st time I have logged on here today and still NO news.

My (steelmen online) name is Welldaft. I am PANTY WETTER and proud

Sometimes you have to move quick to secure the target you are after. Im quite sure that Vigours would have been off to someone else if we hadn't moved when we did.

Im also convinced people claim others are panty wetters just to hide their own incontinence.

• Like 2