2013 - 2014 Ins & Outs

Mad Dog

Bit off topic, but his knee to the back of Jim Hamilton 20 seconds into the new season somehow escaping a booking was one of the worst refereeing decisions I've ever seen.

Would defo take him if Hutchy goes mind

Did he not have two so called incidents in that one game? Sure he had one late on too.

Where's all this chat about wanting to bring in another centre half coming from? We already have Hutchinson, Ramsden and Cummins for two positions as well the supposedly promising Euan Murray. Where as we have only have one fairly inexperienced keeper, no recognised right back, no right winger and no strikers. Centre back is surely not a priority. Unless we sell Hutchinson, talk of another centre back is surely pointless.

Where's all this chat about wanting to bring in another centre half coming from? We already have Hutchinson, Ramsden and Cummins for two positions as well the supposedly promising Euan Murray. Where as we have only have one fairly inexperienced keeper, no recognised right back, no right winger and no strikers. Centre back is surely not a priority. Unless we sell Hutchinson, talk of another centre back is surely pointless.

the club are desperate to sell hutchy.

was under the impression that Ramsden could play right back ?

Also on gossip page that Thistle reject £50k bid from Willem II for Lawless.

No point in wondering what might have been there. Form of Humphrey, Ojamaa and McFadden (and Murphy before him) would have ensured Lawless wouldn't have got any real game time with us last season. Aye, he could've had the minutes that Daley and Higginbotham had but what would that have amounted to? Had we kept him, it would only have stunted his development...

Yes Lee Miller had discussions with us and it was an extreme possibility that things were moving forward positively and the finance behind it all stacked up however and disappointingly instead of being a great and exciting replacement for higdon our club have (fact) opted for a cheaper and less proven option which will come very apparent....this I'm affraid a sign that when we have a chance we opt for a more of a 'gamble' in my opinion....yes the new striker will be a replacement and could do well but why do we choose to gamble when a replacement in Miller was an very realistic option and that's after discussion....he's signed a new contract at Carlisle as we never followed through!

Who knows what the deal with Lee Miller was. I would've been happy enough to see him play for the 'Well next season.

Is the poster suggesting we took our eye of the ball during negotiations?

All speculation anyway, but this is what happens in the close season with nothing else going on!

Yes Lee Miller had discussions with us and it was an extreme possibility that things were moving forward positively and the finance behind it all stacked up however and disappointingly instead of being a great and exciting replacement for higdon our club have (fact) opted for a cheaper and less proven option which will come very apparent....this I'm affraid a sign that when we have a chance we opt for a more of a 'gamble' in my opinion....yes the new striker will be a replacement and could do well but why do we choose to gamble when a replacement in Miller was an very realistic option and that's after discussion....he's signed a new contract at Carlisle as we never followed through!

Perhaps we decided that Lee Miller wasn't worth the money he was after and decided to go for a cheaper alternative who McCall thinks can do the same job. Lee Miller is a decent player who could have done a good job for us but the way you're going on you'd think we'd missed out on Didier Drogba.

However until the rest of us find out who this target supposedly is then we all we can make is assumptions. I for one trust McCall's judgment, his signings have been pretty good for the most part and he's made a couple of shrewd signings so far this summer in my opinion. If he thinks Miller isn't worth the money he's after then that's fine by me.