2013 - 2014 Ins & Outs

Mad Dog

Aye but we need strikers for the Europa cup games and the 2 tough opening games v Hibs and Aberdeen. To quote some of the previous posts it's time to stop fannying about. <_>

I'd put money on us signing a player or two after our first Europa Cup game. I'd rather we signed the right players than the players that happen to be available early.

SSN: Sky Sources - Tom Hateley & Michael Higdon to reject new contract offers at Motherwell.

Knew big Higgy was away but thought Hateley might've still been with us next season.

If true at least we know where we stand & can get on with finding replacements.

SSN: Sky Sources - Tom Hateley & Michael Higdon to reject new contract offers at Motherwell.

Knew big Higgy was away but thought Hateley might've still been with us next season.

If true at least we know where we stand & can get on with finding replacements.

Hateley (and Daley obviously) are the only ones I wouldn't be bothered about losing, from our list of out of contract players.

He's a reasonable SPL standard right back. Nothing more, nothing less. Totally replaceable.

Not overly concerned about losing Hateley and or Higdon ,both have done a good job for us but Hateley is certainly not irreplaceable, and we (or any other club) will ever get another season like we've had from Higdon.. Don't know who he is but have heard were supposed tae be signing the Lionel Ainsworth chappy from Rotherham .

Cue more pant wetting

Not at all.....consider this:

We are probably saving up to £10k a week at the moment on wages.

We can also save on the flights out to Portugal - less players and all that

Of course when we get there I assume we will be playing a 5 aside tourney :evilgrin:

If Hateley and Higdon are offski, then that would take us to over 10 players left - inc 6 first teamers.

No panicking here........no sireeeeeeee :help:

If people dont think we will miss an ever present in the team for the last 4? years?? then they need a reality check.

Wonder where he is voing tho, is he rejecting because he's approaching the deadline McCall has set him, or because he has had better offers??

I reckon its the former (based on heehaw)

I reckon the supposed deadline (if true) has been pretty generous actually. If they were going to sign they would've signed by now. I wonder if Faddy or Higdon had signed up early on it might have seen a few more inspired to do likewise? We'll never know...

I think we'll miss both of them.

Bit of a scunner to say the least.

At this rate NOT ONE (apart from Ramsden) of the out of contract players we have offered contracts to will have stayed.

I thought most would leave, but for all of them to leave does make it a bit harder to take.

If Faddy signs for Celtic :wallbash: that would just top it of. Were he to stay then it would be one glimmer of hope....

Huge rebuilding task ahead for Mr McCall. Vigurs and Lawson appear to be good signings, but plenty of work ahead to put together a team that will come close to matching the exploits of last season.

Probably the wake up call we were all expecting :cry:

surely we have to be looking at a minimum of 7 new signings

I can't see us signing 7 more players, I reckon 3-4 will be closer to the mark. This is the time for our fringe players to step up and fill the void left by the players who have moved on. It's going to be an interesting season with another thread bear squad.

Indeed. He'd have been mad to move for an extra £500 a week given we set up last season to play to his strengths but that's a wage hike hard to turn down.

Surprised that Barnsley were still interested given they've just signed O'Grady, another striker whose strength is playing with his back to goal and bringing others into play...

O'Grady and Jason Scotland(remember him?) were a fantastic partnership last season for us, but Scotland isn't getting any younger so IF we sign Higdon he'll probably be ahead of Scotland in the pecking order. We also released Marlon Harewood in the summer, so we're still looking to replace him.

We've only got 3 strikers at the moment: Chris O'Grady, Jason Scotland, Chris Dagnall.

Be interesting to know where the figure of £4,500 came from though.

Looking forward to the rebuilding. McCall and his team seemed to think they had identified potential targets to replace all the out of contract guys, so we'll see soon enough how that pans out.

Mixed emotions about Higgy - sorry to see the big man go, but better he leaves a hero than struggles to match the form again this season.

Been happy with the 2 new signings, so if the remainder are of a similar quality I'll have no complaints.