2013 - 2014 Ins & Outs

Mad Dog

Ramsden is a right back! we've been playing him "out of position"

he didn't look like a right back when he was played there up at dingwall

his hour in centre mid was a disaster as well. the guy can do a job for us at centrehalf but doesn't have the mobility or skill to play anywhere else.

his hour in centre mid was a disaster as well. the guy can do a job for us at centrehalf but doesn't have the mobility or skill to play anywhere else.

If that was the 3-0 defeat in February on a pitch reminiscent of the Somme, you can't judge him on that performance. Not one player looked like a footballer that day.

Aye, we know that. He's slotted in there well after an indifferent start., but, has he the minerals to be the attack minded full back we'd expect? Doubt it as he's slower than a week in jail (I'll ask makaveli for his thoughts) and could be a rape and pillage (could ask makaveli for his thoughts on that too :whistling:) for the opposition next season...

i agree with you both, thats why IMO Hateley will be a bigger loss than some on here give him credit for. I accept he had hit downfalls and didnt always set the heather on fire - but he was a more than competant SPL full back.

Like Hateley, Rammers seems to play better in a position which its not meant to be his own

• Like 1

Get a grip of yourself. How can you say we'll be bottom six when you dont even know what our starting 11 will be?

Because its easier to be a panicky mile-oot, than see that we've brought in players of a good standard so far, instead of launching money at folk that are entirely average, I guess?

Higdon will be even slower next year and the team that set up his goals are gone . Good luck to the big man in England but things just clicked for him last year will be interested to see what happens this year

• Like 1

Don't agree that its being a panicky mile oot saying we will be bottom 6. At this exact moment this "squad" if you can call it that,will be relegated! (Due to us only having a very poor 9 or 10 man "squad" with severely limited goalscoring ability at the mo) when we bring men in obviously the squad will increase in quality and our chances of finishing higher will increase in turn but having to replace 11 of last seasons matchday 18 man squad on a reduced budget is an enormous task

1372269029[/url]' post='387482']

Don't agree that its being a panicky mile oot saying we will be bottom 6. At this exact moment this "squad" if you can call it that,will be relegated! (Due to us only having a very poor 9 or 10 man "squad" with severely limited goalscoring ability at the mo) when we bring men in obviously the squad will increase in quality and our chances of finishing higher will increase in turn but having to replace 11 of last seasons matchday 18 man squad on a reduced budget is an enormous task

Relegated? Not quite seeing the other teams strengthening... Same old, same old Aberdeen already laying claim to 2nd place on signing some erm, quality. Deary me, not one would make it into our top 11 as it stands! In fact, who out of all close season signings by others would we have? I'd surmise many on here would say none.

Going quietly about our business is how we do it. Early yet, given it's Monday before the window opens too. Additions will be made and Daley aside, each McCall signing has contributed.

• Like 9

Going quietly about our business is how we do it. Early yet, given it's Monday before the window opens too. Additions will be made and Daley aside, each McCall signing has contributed.

I'd argue even Daley contributed, particularly in his first season. Thinking of Aberdeen and St Johnstone away...

I'd argue even Daley contributed, particularly in his first season. Thinking of Aberdeen and St Johnstone away...

I'm sure fellow poster on here Frazzie was Daleys biggest fan at Aberdeen away! Then again I'm sure he even liked Tom Hateley that day.

Not a massive fan of Daley but if he is unquestionably McCall's worst signing, let"s compare him to other managers' worst signings.

Brown - Casagolda

Gannon - Moutouakil

McGhee - Sheridan or Grabban (could make a case for Michael Fraser)

Malpas - Molloy/Keegan/Elliot/take yer pick

Butcher - Khemas/Sengewald

Was Daley that bad...?

Not a massive fan of Daley but if he is unquestionably McCall's worst signing, let"s compare him to other managers' worst signings.

Brown - Casagolda

Gannon - Moutouakil

McGhee - Sheridan or Grabban (could make a case for Michael Fraser)

Malpas - Molloy/Keegan/Elliot/take yer pick

Butcher - Khemas/Sengewald

Was Daley that bad...?

That's it. Don't think I'm going to be able to sleep tonight thanks to that list!laugh1.gif

mcghee giving bob malcolm a second contract in the summer of 2008 was his worst move. sheridan was decent away from home but rank at fir park for some reason.

Is that not when the pitch was rotten?

mcghee giving bob malcolm a second contract in the summer of 2008 was his worst move. sheridan was decent away from home but rank at fir park for some reason.

Closely followed by giving Bob Malcolm his first contract, how his eyes werenae opened in that spell I'll never fucking know.